• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pirates and Tigers

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my mind, this was the best win of this season, to date!

To think, we will have even better wins of the season as it progresses. Tonight I daresay was one of them.

It was just a very satisfying victory, capped off by the suicide squeeze.

...now going to check to see if the Red Wings are losing...

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it seems like pedro is so much better in the 6th inning or later.
is there a way to find out that stat.

what a great win. must have been awesome to be in the park for that one.

lets take the series with our usual drop the first, then sweep the last 3 recipe.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like you two nailed it on the head again.

What a great comeback and the fact they did it with Marte and McCutchen is even better.
Also glad they didn't give Burnett yet another Undeserving Loss.

As we spoke before we should get the :zolton: to be the face of Lord Zolton the local pittsburgh wrestler.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Strikeouts are Fascist..

I never get tired of that reference!!!

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it is a contributor.
6 out of the last 10 he walked 3 or 4 guys. max was 7 IP.
he goes deep into the count on many people.
with the few hits, you would think he could go 8 or nine innings.
the deep counts loll the players to sleep and they arent as alert or aggressive. more reactive.

not saying this is the whole reason for no run support, as gomez was the opposite except a couple batters for 7 innings last nite and we scored zero for him although we wasnt walking or striking out anyone. but we were making all the plays, even the tough ones. not sure if it was porcello dominating us or .......

as a pitcher and catcher, i saw first hand what happened in the field and at bat when a burnett kind of ptcher is throwing. not his fault people miss so many of his pitches putting them deeper in the count.
nobody misses gomez, so the first one they swing at, they put in play and end the atbat most of the time at that point.

Yea, I hear what you are saying about the strikeouts and pitch counts, I just don't see it affecting the hitters on his own team.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great win last night against one of the hottest pitchers in MLB... The tigers have a scary amount of talent in the front of their rotation..

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea, I hear what you are saying about the strikeouts and pitch counts, I just don't see it affecting the hitters on his own team.

have you played in the field at the college level or select HS level when a pitcher is laboring.
even watching a game like that as a fan, when he is pitching for your own team gets you out of sinc, listless, and in a general state of malaise and frustration.

it affects players defensively and offensively.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have you played in the field at the college level or select HS level when a pitcher is laboring.
even watching a game like that as a fan, when he is pitching for your own team gets you out of sinc, listless, and in a general state of malaise and frustration.

it affects players defensively and offensively.

HS level I have, it never affected me personally. I find it hard to believe without numbers backing it up.

Especially because AJ was also keeping runs off the scoreboard at the same time.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strikeouts are Fascist..

I never get tired of that reference!!!

While we are haing fun with words, let me add a few, as they seem to fit.

Pirates and Tigers...., and Bears, oh my!

:lame:, probably. But, i'm bored so........:yahoo:

26 elroy face

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The games that Burnett has pitched haven't been 3 1/2 to 4 hour games. He averages 15-18 pitches an inning which I think is close to the norm. Pitchers like Erik Bedard who take so much time in between pitches are the ones that put infielders to sleep.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking 2/3 from the brewers on the road then at least splitting with the Tigers is pretty impressive, I would have taken a 3-4 record and not even played the games.

Imho, our biggest concern should be the heavy workload on Melancon, Grilli and Wilson.

We need someone to step up and take some high leverage innings, either that or trade for someone. Starters going deeper into games would help too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking 2/3 from the brewers on the road then at least splitting with the Tigers is pretty impressive, I would have taken a 3-4 record and not even played the games.

Imho, our biggest concern should be the heavy workload on Melancon, Grilli and Wilson.

We need someone to step up and take some high leverage innings, either that or trade for someone. Starters going deeper into games would help too.

Or just score more runs earlier in the game...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some things to like and some things not to like from Locke in the first.

Not to like: Three balls hit pretty well off him and he's not locating all that well early on.
To like: His fastball had a little extra zip a couple times, and he got out of the inning with a big strikeout of Fielder.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, why is Inge in today? Fister's a righty, I can't imagine Pedro has bad history against him (or any, really, for that matter), and Pedro kind of sparked our comeback last night. So he gets rewarded by being benched today?

He hasn't been good this year, but if he gets benched after half of the games in which he actually gets a big hit for us, he's going to have some difficulty finding a rhythm I would think.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pedro had 2 wisdom teeth removed today. Wuss. :)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better inning for Locke. Very quick, efficient.

Now let's get him some runs!