• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies@Cardinals 4-Game Series

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to remember that this is a development year. The Phillies do not expect to have a winning season.
Nick will not be rushed. I doubt if we see him before September. The Phillies held back on Franco for a while
so they would not have to pay him the big bucks to soon. A lot of teams use these tactics. The Cubs were one
example. However, it looks like we would be in a pennant race if we had two other outfielders who can hit for average and provide average power. The Phillies are averaging a little over 3 runs scored per game. Raise that to 4.5 runs a game and they could win 95 games in my opinion.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win. We are continuing to progress. The Phillies of years past would have gone a long losing streak. This one is learning to come back after a big loss.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to remember that this is a development year. The Phillies do not expect to have a winning season.
Nick will not be rushed. I doubt if we see him before September. The Phillies held back on Franco for a while
so they would not have to pay him the big bucks to soon. A lot of teams use these tactics. The Cubs were one
example. However, it looks like we would be in a pennant race if we had two other outfielders who can hit for average and provide average power. The Phillies are averaging a little over 3 runs scored per game. Raise that to 4.5 runs a game and they could win 95 games in my opinion.

We're just using placeholders Bourjos and Burris for Asche and Altherr. But it seems like if the Phils continue to play near .600 ball as they've been doing, and there's no impact from Asche/Altherr after being called up, then they must bring up more hitting - Nick Williams, for one. Actually, I'm not sure if Asche can hack it.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're just using placeholders Bourjos and Burris for Asche and Altherr. But it seems like if the Phils continue to play near .600 ball as they've been doing, and there's no impact from Asche/Altherr after being called up, then they must bring up more hitting - Nick Williams, for one. Actually, I'm not sure if Asche can hack it.
In March, Altherr was said to be out 4-6 months...which means possibly the entire season. The Phillies know what Asche can do (shit). Corner outfielders must hit! Cam Perkins would be a better option than Asche. bring up PERKINS AND WILLIAMS!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In March, Altherr was said to be out 4-6 months...which means possibly the entire season. The Phillies know what Asche can do (shit). Corner outfielders must hit! Cam Perkins would be a better option than Asche. bring up PERKINS AND WILLIAMS!
Asche is projected to be back in June. Altherr is projected for sometime in July. Asche is nothing more than a bench player. Bringing up the youth and letting them get their feet wet makes sense to me. It would not be hard to put up better numbers than our current anemic outfielders.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to think Asche was going to pan out but he has proven he has reached the limit to his "potential". He should probably be cut outright.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Phillies will scratch and claw tonight. Somehow they will beat the cardinals 4-3. Morgan should be sharp and
effective. Goedel gets a couple of hits. Ruiz will homer. Go Phillies!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, they probably aren't going to have a winning season, but I would still like to see Williams if he is ready. The Cubs held a guy back for a month or so, but he was a big time prospect that they plan on having as their third basemen for several years. Nick Williams isn't exactly Bryce Harper. He is just a corner outfielder that looks like he can hit a little. They should bring him up whenever they think he is ready because I don't see anyone on the current roster worth holding him back for.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asche is projected to be back in June. Altherr is projected for sometime in July. Asche is nothing more than a bench player. Bringing up the youth and letting them get their feet wet makes sense to me. It would not be hard to put up better numbers than our current anemic outfielders.

Wow, that's all the more reason for playing Ruf as much as possible right now so he can get removed from bum status. A few nights ago he made two nice plays in left then back to the bench. Why give Bourjos/Burris so much playing time.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that's all the more reason for playing Ruf as much as possible right now so he can get removed from bum status. A few nights ago he made two nice plays in left then back to the bench. Why give Bourjos/Burris so much playing time.
I agree. The Ruf fiasco is one of strange mystery. He has two bad games and it's back to the bench. When he has
two good games it's back to the bench. When he starts to hit righties they platoon him. (He hit righties well in spring training.) When no one else is hitting above .200 they will get the starts instead. How much more can
they screw with this guys mind? You said he made two nice plays in left field? That probably went against him too!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another captivating Nil-Nil tie for the Phils so far. Get some freaking offense!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Morgan throws a shutout I think that might just be a sign that it is our year

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, they look like the '27 Yankees out there!