• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PFF refocus on Bengals/Chargers

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was being facetious.

I know, but after years and years of struggling to find a safety, let alone two, that can help the back end of the defense...It's pretty nice.

Burfict does have 2 more years, so maybe you can work something out with Johnson, and then by tha time, Hall will be gone freeing up cap space.

Agreed with Geathers. Gilberry has been a great backup.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilberry is awesome -- But I think his value is in backing up at both the tackle and end position.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilberry is awesome -- But I think his value is in backing up at both the tackle and end position.

There's no doubt, but I think that is, in general, what makes the line so great. You can rotate guys through, not have a massive drop-off, and everyone is fresh for the entire game.

I would love to see MJ back. Maybe they'll consider another tag? I think they get one more on him if they do. Not 100%, though.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt, but I think that is, in general, what makes the line so great. You can rotate guys through, not have a massive drop-off, and everyone is fresh for the entire game.

I would love to see MJ back. Maybe they'll consider another tag? I think they get one more on him if they do. Not 100%, though.

They do, but it's prohibitive..... I think the second year of the cap is a HUGE number. And they probably are looking at dumping a big signing bonus into the AJ Green deal.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do, but it's prohibitive..... I think the second year of the cap is a HUGE number. And they probably are looking at dumping a big signing bonus into the AJ Green deal.

Agreed.

If they want to keep MJ, it's going to take some creativity.

The easiest way to free up some money, at least up front, would be to cut hall. Not sure I see that happening, but with another injury and only 1 more year on the contract...

Ditto with Geathers.

It also depends on AJ...how much he ends up getting.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might be able to do re-structure with Hall rather than cutting him.
I'd much rather have Johnson than any combo of Still/Geathers/Peko.
We don't have a long tradition of keeping our "Franchise" players. As much as I would love to see Johnson back, I think the team, as well as Johnson, have pretty much accepted that this is his last year here.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might be able to do re-structure with Hall rather than cutting him.
I'd much rather have Johnson than any combo of Still/Geathers/Peko.
We don't have a long tradition of keeping our "Franchise" players. As much as I would love to see Johnson back, I think the team, as well as Johnson, have pretty much accepted that this is his last year here.

Well, they signed Geathers to a multi year deal last year I think. They gave Dunlap a big contract, and I think they are goign to try and keep Gilberry and use Ivan Drago some more.

I don't think Michael Johnson is coming back.

They still have AJ Green, you know they are going to resign Dalton (whetehr anyone likes it or not), and Burfict is coming up soon also, and he may be the highest paid player on our defense by far ($60+ million?).

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they signed Geathers to a multi year deal last year I think. They gave Dunlap a big contract, and I think they are goign to try and keep Gilberry and use Ivan Drago some more.

They still have AJ Green, you know they are going to resign Dalton (whetehr anyone likes it or not), and Burfict is coming up soon also, and he may be the highest paid player on our defense by far ($60+ million?).

I agree he's not coming back, my point was that it would be a big plus if he did. I have no problem with Gilberry and developing Hunt.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but getting solid play out of that position is another thing.

Iloka is finally giving the back end of the DB's solid play.

Nelson has been very good for us.

Williams and Crocker have added good depth. For once, the Bengals don't have to go into the draft looking for safety help, though I think Crocker will...once again...be gone after this year. He'll be re-signed 3 games into the 2014 season...LOL

we're the bengals damn it, teaching people how to play safety is what we do.
I think we even wrote the book "you too can play safety in the NFL" and "playing NFL safety for dummies"

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're the bengals damn it, teaching people how to play safety is what we do.
I think we even wrote the book "you too can play safety in the NFL" and "playing NFL safety for dummies"

:lol:

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is 1 ILB in the NFL that makes more than 50 mil over the life of their deal. I doubt Burfict gets anywhere close to 60 mil. He will get something close to 5 years 40 mil IMO.