• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pens specific: Offseason

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Pens don't really have much space to add new additions. Tangradi, Letestu and hopefully Volchenkov would be good additions. Letestu impressed me with his play this year. Esp in the playoffs.

They need to watch the amount of money and length of contracts for up coming off seasons. They have a great core of the players, so they just need to tweak the line-up... not overhaul it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are Letang's and Brent Johnson's contracts like for next year? As soon as I know that, I think I can come up with some sort of plan for the team that is financially reasonable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is just the cap central link.

I'm there, but it doesn't have Tanger's or Johnson's contracts figured in. I can't remember what the deals were.

Either way, I'm estimating the Penguins will have about $8.4 million to sign one or two wingers and one or two defensemen, assuming Tangradi's up, Lovejoy's up, and Johnson, Jeffrey, and Letestu are up.

I'd sign Cooke back for $1.4 million tops. Now we're down to $7 million.

I'd sign Leopold back for $2 million tops. Now we've got $5 million.

I'd let Eaton walk, Lovejoy can fill his role at a cheaper price.

I'd waive Godard and if no one picks him up, stick him in the minors. Now we have $5.75 million.

How much is Hamhuis worth? $4 million? If that's the case, I would sign him, and perhaps a winger worth about $2 million, and then send down one of Johnson, Jeffrey, and Letestu, likely Jeffrey.

If Leopold won't sign at $2 million, I'd sign back Eaton at slightly less and add the extra money to a winger. If any of these players come cheaper than expected, well, bonus!

EDIT: Remember, this is all based off of estimates.

Burns80y

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you talking about brent johnson? because he is an ufa this year.

Brent Johnson is signed for next year. He signed an extension late in the season. Nick Johnson is a rfa.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a preliminary hope for next season. It's still really early though (playoffs aren't even over)...

Malkin - Crosby - Dupuis
Kovalchuk:D - Staal - Kunitz
Cooke - Letestu - Kennedy
Rupp - Adams - Talbot

Orpik - Letang
UFA - Goligoski
UFA - UFA

Fleury
Johnson

*replace Kovalchuk with "UFA" of course...