• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAVEL FUCKING KUBINA

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In a week or two it's gunna be damn hard to blame anything on anyone but the goalies.

Flyers might have the biggest defense in the league now. 6-5, 6-4, 6-4, 6-4 and then carle and kimmo which I guess are 5-10/5-11ish

defense is no longer a problem. bryz steps up or we fail. i thought them putting matt read at center yesterday may have been a sign of what columbus was looking for. we'll see what they do, also JVR looked pretty good out there in my opinion.

G was -3 again....what the hell happened to him defensively

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice move, Homer.

Although I'm still nervous/apprehensive about what may or may not be coming in the next week....

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward I expect them to make another move and while I am not a fan of the Nash move I would like to see them move a big contract to bring in a gritty forward even as a rental & bring in another young d-man as insurance. IF they can move Bryz they should definitely bring in another goalie as well, I can't see and scenario where moving Bob will help us in the long-run. IF they can move Bryz they should call LA and try to swing a Read/JVR, Carle & a 1st for Bernier & JJ. Since that would put us in a better place this year and in the future. At this point I'm no longer worried about making too many moves for team chemistry since I'm starting to doubt that have enough of it to make a serious go of it in the post season. These 2 moves did push us in the right direct but I think more is needed still.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looking forward I expect them to make another move and while I am not a fan of the Nash move I would like to see them move a big contract to bring in a gritty forward even as a rental & bring in another young d-man as insurance. IF they can move Bryz they should definitely bring in another goalie as well, I can't see and scenario where moving Bob will help us in the long-run. IF they can move Bryz they should call LA and try to swing a Read/JVR, Carle & a 1st for Bernier & JJ. Since that would put us in a better place this year and in the future. At this point I'm no longer worried about making too many moves for team chemistry since I'm starting to doubt that have enough of it to make a serious go of it in the post season. These 2 moves did push us in the right direct but I think more is needed still.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to revisit Bernier. Quick has clearly won the starting job and deservedly so. Bernier is kind of in the same spot Bob is. Stuck behind a higher paid Number 1 (supposed to be #1).

At the time, I was hesitant to trade jvr to LA for Bernier, now hell, I encourage it. Move Bryz for peanuts. Move JvR+ for Bernier.

All clearly hypothetical. I don't know if blowing up the team again really pushed far into the playoffs or not.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that proposal too.

I'll like almost anything that doesn't involve losing 2 young studs. 1, I can handle, but 2?? Ahh...no.

JvR and our 1st vs anything should get any deal done.

Having said that, I'd like to keep JvR and throw in anybody from the farm, but times are tough and most "seller" GM's are tougher, soo...

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like that proposal too.

I'll like almost anything that doesn't involve losing 2 young studs. 1, I can handle, but 2?? Ahh...no.

JvR and our 1st vs anything should get any deal done.

Having said that, I'd like to keep JvR and throw in anybody from the farm, but times are tough and most "seller" GM's are tougher, soo...

Problem is we don't have a farm, we just have 4 rookies that currently play at the NHL level. Our "farm" is very very weak. Kalinski was solid, but obviously not going to crack this lineup. Wellwood is decent, but again I don't see him cracking the lineup without any injuries.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The farm part of the deal is an "add on" imo. I mean seriously, Nash and Mason for JvR, the 1st and Bryz is plenty fair from any stand point. "Add on" a Wellwood, a Holmstrom, a Jancevski or a Testwuide and they have to consider themselves the winner in that trade.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The farm part of the deal is an "add on" imo. I mean seriously, Nash and Mason for JvR, the 1st and Bryz is plenty fair from any stand point. "Add on" a Wellwood, a Holmstrom, a Jancevski or a Testwuide and they have to consider themselves the winner in that trade.

Agree with this. Asking for more than Bryz/JvR/1st is simply too much.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Nash trade to work either Briere or Bryz need to go the other way & we still need a goalie. I've been explaining this on the Flyers board for days. The problem is both of them have NTC's which fucks us. At first I thought if a deal involving the Flyers and CBj went down it would involve TOR as a third party, but with the recent Flyers acquisitions of defensemen I'm at a lose.

If we acquired Nash this season here is what our team would look like for next year with Nash and w/o JVR and Bob

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Scott Hartnell ($4.200m)
Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)
Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m) / Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / Jody Shelley ($1.100m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Andreas Lilja ($0.737m)

GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.666m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,518,373; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (18-man roster): $4,781,627

Then we have RFA's in- Vorachek, Zolnercyk, Sesito, Bourdon who have all played at the NHL level &
UFA's- Jagr, Carle & now Grosman/Kubina.

We would have extremely little room to negotiate and operate a championship caliber team & fit under the cap. It would most likely depend on waiving guys like Shitty & whether or not Pronger is on the Ltir.

I personally do not see how this trade makes sense. Nash is a good player on a bad team, but there is no guarantee he would be great next to Giroux. Bryz has not taken over the #1 job so why would you want to lose a "back-up" in Bob who has such high potential. Then there's the fact that fielding a defense that doesn't' look like swiss cheese next year is an issue.

I'm not saying the deal won't get made, but God I hope it does;t unless it includes Briere/Bryz and doesn't include Schenn/Couturier. I just see this ending poorly and forcing us to trade away our young talent who we should be building around after having to wait so many years to actually have it. I say let someone else over pay for Nash, I'm sure TOR, LA or the Rags want to put an offer in too.

Added as an after thought- I've been saying for a while now that the Flyers need to as Briere for a list of teams he would waive his NTC to goto due to cap issues on this team. From outsiders perspectives what do you think he is worth being that so many teams lack true #1-2 centers and he's $ come the playoffs?

This is copied from the general boards and something I posted. the big issue I have still is even if Bryz goes to field a full team while bringing Nash in Pronger has to go LTIR for like ever. I just don't think that makes sense for us at this point, and given CBJ's asking price this move shouldn't even be considered.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see anyone taking on Bryz and that contract while he struggles as a favor to us. His value is very minimal. JvR's value should be pretty high.

Nash's value is the ceiling. Mason...ehh. I agree that JvR, Bryz, 1st and any farm player not on the flyers should be fair, but they will be pushing for more up until the deadline. If that is the best offer they can get, I think they take it.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is copied from the general boards and something I posted. the big issue I have still is even if Bryz goes to field a full team while bringing Nash in Pronger has to go LTIR for like ever. I just don't think that makes sense for us at this point, and given CBJ's asking price this move shouldn't even be considered.

You have to figure Carle is gone. Jagr is questionable. Timonen will need a new contract, and there is no way he gets that same monstrous amount he got when we signed him. Kubina/Grossman, we'll see how thye do but they will either be rental or take the same or less money (No way Kubina gets 3.8).

But like you pointed out, everything we do from here on out is contingent upon whether Pronger goes on LTIR, plays, or retires.

I think what we need to do is wait it out until the off season. Assess Pronger's injury, then target a Weber/Suter in the offseason.

Me wanting Nash is for the same reason I wanted Stamkos. Pure man crush. Two favorites of mine and then you throw in the fact Homer favors them as well.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see anyone taking on Bryz and that contract while he struggles as a favor to us. His value is very minimal. JvR's value should be pretty high.

Nash's value is the ceiling. Mason...ehh. I agree that JvR, Bryz, 1st and any farm player not on the flyers should be fair, but they will be pushing for more up until the deadline. If that is the best offer they can get, I think they take it.

Bryz/Mason is pretty much a 1-1 swap. Both have significantly underachieved, and their involvement would most likely be to make the $$ work.

The real deal would be JvR/1st, or JvR/1st/AHL player for Nash.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about Nash the less I want him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cbj is looking for an impact player, 2 prospects, and a first. It's far too rich right now.

Simmonds, bob, jvr, and a 1st is the kind of deal they're looking for. No effin way do I do that, and they probably want schenn or coots instead of jvr.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia Flyers making a strong push for Rick Nash - NHL - Sporting News

However, the Flyers appear to be putting a press on the Jackets. The Courier-Post of Camden, N.J., reports Howson came to Philly with top adviser Craig Patrick for talks with Holmgren. It also suggests the Flyers might need to package All-Star left winger Scott Hartnell, 22-year-old left winger James van Riemsdyk and rookie center Sean Couturier to acquire Nash.

Read more: Philadelphia Flyers making a strong push for Rick Nash - NHL - Sporting News

NO. FUCK. OFF.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about Nash the less I want him.

This is my exact feeling I'd rather pursue the deals I mentioned above and try to shed salary. Making the playoffs thus year should be enough of an accomplishment given the player movement in the off season.