• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panthers Draft

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the house of crickets, we got :

1. Shaq Thompson, 'tweener WILL/safety from Washington. Very versatile player, but what the hell is this?? Thought we should have gone with Dorsett, the wideout.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way. Shaq is not really a tweener he is a LB plain and simple. Dorsett undersized exclusive slot reciever. we are looking for a number two and that is not him.

Shaq changes our defense and sets us up for the future as well. he really is one of the best in this draft.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way. Shaq is not really a tweener he is a LB plain and simple. Dorsett undersized exclusive slot reciever. we are looking for a number two and that is not him.

Shaq changes our defense and sets us up for the future as well. he really is one of the best in this draft.
We'll see.

2nd pick is Devin Funchess, (possible 'tweener) TE/WR. Gettleman gave up the 3rd round pick to move up and take this guy. They think he'll pose matchup trouble, (I'm guessing) in the vein of Jimmy Graham.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I learned last year that Mr. Gettleman knows a helluva lot more about picking players than I do. It seemed to me that we viewed this draft as not a good value overall so we traded alot of picks to take care of our wants rather than bring in more folks that might not make the team. If Shaq pans out our LB corps will be scary good.

I also like the "twin towers" receiving corps for our QB who has a penchant for high throws.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i also like the tackle out of OK... good road grader.

this draft was deep with players but not alot of top end. most first round graded players where gone after 12 picks... after that everyone had issues. i didnt like Funchess but hey, two 6'5 wrs is pretty good... now all he needs do is catch it

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
All in all I would give our draft a big fuckifIknow.
I do know I am looking forward to this year.
Let the games begin

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i also like the tackle out of OK... good road grader.

this draft was deep with players but not alot of top end. most first round graded players where gone after 12 picks... after that everyone had issues. i didnt like Funchess but hey, two 6'5 wrs is pretty good... now all he needs do is catch it
Agree with the bold, was saying that over in the NFL Gen forum - not a lot of high-impact guys. I think Williams is listed as a guard. Not sure who we have right now at LT, with Bell gone. Not sold on Oher at all, thought he might be at RT (if he makes the team).

The picks weren't obvious, but Gett and Ron know what they want. Artis-Payne's a fairly big back, might help out in a crew back there (though we need J-Stew in there down the stretch).

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
p
I learned last year that Mr. Gettleman knows a helluva lot more about picking players than I do. It seemed to me that we viewed this draft as not a good value overall so we traded alot of picks to take care of our wants rather than bring in more folks that might not make the team. If Shaq pans out our LB corps will be scary good.

I also like the "twin towers" receiving corps for our QB who has a penchant for high throws.
Bold: lol, I agree, and that probably went into the decision-making.

Overall, I think the Panzers did ok in the off-season. Bringing back Edwards and Cole was key to maintaining that solid push in the DT rotation, Ginn might just play better in Charlotte. Tillman is a big 'if' - I think they want Benwikere playig more nickel, we'll see. But the DB's were the main reason the D tanked in the late-early-to-middle part of 2014 (then improved, with the personnel shifts).

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
p

Bold: lol, I agree, and that probably went into the decision-making.

Overall, I think the Panzers did ok in the off-season. Bringing back Edwards and Cole was key to maintaining that solid push in the DT rotation, Ginn might just play better in Charlotte. Tillman is a big 'if' - I think they want Benwikere playig more nickel, we'll see. But the DB's were the main reason the D tanked in the late-early-to-middle part of 2014 (then improved, with the personnel shifts).

I think the main thing they accomplished in the off season was making our sorry ass special teams better with free agency and the draft. This is a quiet but very good move. We sucked last year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were is Williams listed as a guard? everywhere i look has him at Tackle.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were is Williams listed as a guard? everywhere i look has him at Tackle.
This is where I read his profile: Daryl Williams Draft Profile NFL.com had him listed as OG, they may have been assuming. It does look like they're gonna stick him at RT.

Here's a little writeup on the rookie minicamp:

Saturday Six-Pack: Wrapping Up Rookie Minicamp - BBR

Glad to see (former gamecock) Damiere Byrd as 'Offensive MVP'. He's a little undersized, but actually physically tough. Got real 4.28 speed, sprinter on the track team. He was a good gunner on kick coverage. Brandon Wegher is a back to look out for.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the main thing they accomplished in the off season was making our sorry ass special teams better with free agency and the draft. This is a quiet but very good move. We sucked last year.
Yeah, we had to address that concern. And Bersin is ok in the WR rotation, but he shouldn't be back there handling punts. He must have bobbled half a dozen back there, and I think he may lost one.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
yes Sir
I would be surprised if Bersin makes the final roster.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bersin is gone... way to many better players on this roster. unless he really takes a big step forward this year.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
From what I'm reading, we might have some sleepers at WR (of course there are many "sleepers" this time of year that do not pan out), to the point where there will be tough choices. RB looks good too. Haven't seen much substantial info on our new first rounder though - cept he be tall and can play all WR positions.