• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers at Ravens

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers travel to Baltimore to face the defending champs Ravens. Packers come in at 2-2 while the Ravens are 3-2. A win in Baltimore would be huge.

Go Pack Go. Lets get this W.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant to label this as a "Game Thread" but oh well.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens fan here...

Can't wait to see my Ravens team play the Packers. Always look forward to my team playing one of the storied franchises in the gonna be a good game.

What's you guys take on the game?

:noidea:

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens fan here...

Can't wait to see my Ravens team play the Packers. Always look forward to my team playing one of the storied franchises in the gonna be a good game.

What's you guys take on the game?

:noidea:

It should be a dog fight and hopefully a great game. With Matthews now out, GB's task of getting pressure on Flacco just got a lot tougher, but it's next man up as usual in GB.

I like GB's more balanced attach on offense, so hopefully when GB gets into the Red Zone they can actually put more of the 7 point variety on the scoreboard as opposed the the 3 point - but we'll take what we can get!

Good luck on Sunday!

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not hearing much confidence from most Ravens fans I know. It should be a good game even with Matthews out. Move Perry to the right side where he is more comfortable and let Neal run on the other side. Both had great pressure in those spots against the Lions

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to see the offense take advantage of it's opportunities. It's nice that Mason Crosby is making his field goals, but have to start putting them in the end zone. 1 game is maybe a fluke, 2 games is getting worrisome, if it gets to 3 games it's a trend that needs to be addressed ASAP.

Defensively, I'm intrigued to see how Perry and Neal handle being "the guys" with Clay being out.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my preseason Packers pool I had this game as a loss... so far I am correct all 4 weeks with my preseason predictions. If my picks hold true, fortunately I have Packers winning several in a row after this game.

A bit more optimistic now vs Ravens.. Ravens OL seems to be a mess and they cannot run the ball. Games all on Joe to win it. So key will be to get pressure on Flacco, which will be more difficult with Clay out.

Other than Broncos game, Ravens defense still pretty good. I like Webb a lot at CB and Sugss and Ngata are still All Pro level.

Curious what Ravens fans think about Upshaw... some Packers fans wanted to draft him last year over Perry. But I liked Perry better.

Congrats on defending the title this year, never easy. Everyone wants to take the title holder out.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see a win here. The defense will be exploited without Clay. O can't find the endzone. End of story.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see a win here. The defense will be exploited without Clay. O can't find the endzone. End of story.

Have to see... Perry and Neal actually played surprisingly very well vs Detroit. Perry had 2 sacks and forced fumble after he came in for Clay. That was first time Perry played on the right side... that is where he played in college. Maybe he will look better on that side of the ball where he is not responsible for thinking about containment so much.

Tough to win at Baltimore, if they had their run game going better I would not like our chances much. But their offense is pretty one dimensional now and they are without J. Jones and Pitta.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are some real positives, but our offense doesn't know who they are.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't bet on the defense being exploited our passing game is horrible because we can run the ball and we give Joe no time to throw.

I see this being a low scoring game, because the ravens have a good red Zone defense and like you siad the Packers don't have a good red zone offense. Should be a great game.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Taint happening...

Regarding Upshaw he is growing into a playmaker. He is not yet dominant but holds the edge when asked and seems is that player that seems to always be in the right place at the right time like he was in the Super Bowl and landed on a fumble.

Good pass rush but is becoming more effective against the run in obvious passing downs as Suggs and Dumervil have taken over as the teams 3rd down and obvious passing downs pass rush.

Regarding our run game it SUCKED the first 4 games. However, last week in Miami we ran it and stuck with it and got over 100 yds. Also, we will probably be replacing McKinney at LT with Eugene Monroe just picked up from the Jags which is a big uptick if he understands the offense.

Talk to me about your running game? I'm concerned about that bc if you establish that the best QB in the league (Aaron Rodgers) will eat us alive!

:nod:

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Taint happening...

Regarding Upshaw he is growing into a playmaker. He is not yet dominant but holds the edge when asked and seems is that player that seems to always be in the right place at the right time like he was in the Super Bowl and landed on a fumble.

Good pass rush but is becoming more effective against the run in obvious passing downs as Suggs and Dumervil have taken over as the teams 3rd down and obvious passing downs pass rush.

Regarding our run game it SUCKED the first 4 games. However, last week in Miami we ran it and stuck with it and got over 100 yds. Also, we will probably be replacing McKinney at LT with Eugene Monroe just picked up from the Jags which is a big uptick if he understands the offense.

Talk to me about your running game? I'm concerned about that bc if you establish that the best QB in the league (Aaron Rodgers) will eat us alive!

:nod:

Rice isn't the same this year, he seems to not be hitting the holes and running as hard and i think his hip injury has something to do with that. I hope the addition of Monroe helps the passing game and i think it will because McKinney was just too slow and DE were running right by him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Taint happening...
Talk to me about your running game? I'm concerned about that bc if you establish that the best QB in the league (Aaron Rodgers) will eat us alive!:nod:

Packers running game much better than prior years... Lacy is looking more and more comfortable in the zone blocking scheme. Our 3 interior lineman just had huge day vs Suh and Fairley of Detroit... combined they had 4 tackles, 1 TFL and no sacks or pressures.

Cobb and/or Frankin can now line up in backfield as change of pace back. Think that caught Detroit by surprise last week on long 60+ yard run.

Packers are top 5 in rushing yards/attempt and per yards/game I believe. Packers are still pass first and using run when situation calls for it (safeties playing back). Packers are not team that can run it when defense necessarily plays run yet... still struggling with 3rd and short and running when defense has the line stacked.

Packers red zone offense has been pretty poor thus far this year settling for a lot of field goals. At least Crosby is in his grove again unlike last year.

This should be very good game. Home team has always won in this series.. hopefully Packers can change it this year (from Packers fan perspective).

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clay Matthews, Brad Jones, James Starks and Greg Van Roten all ruled out of Sunday's game against the Ravens. Hayward and Mulumba both missed practice but neither has been ruled out yet. No info on why Mulumba missed but that only leaves three olb practicing.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens are 10-0 against the NFC at home since Harbaugh, Flacco and Rice came into the fold. What does that mean for this Sunday? Nothing...just sounded like a good stat to throw out there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens are 10-0 against the NFC at home since Harbaugh, Flacco and Rice came into the fold. What does that mean for this Sunday? Nothing...just sounded like a good stat to throw out there.

Here is another stat for you... home team has always won in this short series.

Packers 3-0 at Lambeau - 1998, 2001, 2009
Ravens 1-0 at home - 2005

Curious why first 2 games were at Lambeau in this series... thought teams alternated between conferences.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curious why first 2 games were at Lambeau in this series... thought teams alternated between conferences.

Well...1998 was the old division format, so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow that is a short series. Can't believe we've only played the Ravens 4 times.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Jones to have a big time game. Bookmarket.