• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analysis: Who’s up, who’s down in Jon Wilner’s post-NFL Draft Pac-12 stock report

Rising: Washington.
Five players picked, all of them 4- or 5-star recruits …

Sorry, check that. None of them were 4- or 5-star recruits, adding to the mountainous evidence that Chris Petersen and his staff identify talent others fail to spot and develop their personnel with remarkably consistency.

What they have shown is they like to get players from Cali. 4 out of their 5 players drafted were from Cali.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nov 2017.

And this could have been written in the Bellotti era just the same and things changed. nothing is set in stone. football and especially the Pac 12 is cyclical.
As long as Oregon's cycle is every 80 years or so it's all good.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say doesn't cycle require it to have happened more than once?
look at the conference compared to other conferences and the Pac is the most cyclical and changing conference year after year. where last place one year can win the division and back to last again.
where 8 of 12 schools have at least one conference title or a piece since 2000. and 3 of the other 4 played for it.
look at the other conferences. no one else has that kind of parity.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at the conference compared to other conferences and the Pac is the most cyclical and changing conference year after year. where last place one year can win the division and back to last again.
where 8 of 12 schools have at least one conference title or a piece since 2000. and 3 of the other 4 played for it.
look at the other conferences. no one else has that kind of parity.

Before the 2000 Oregon didnt win squat . So out of a hundred years Oregon has been relevant for like seven . That's not a cycle. That's a ripple in time.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the 2000 Oregon didnt win squat . So out of a hundred years Oregon has been relevant for like seven in a row. That's not a cycle.
Oregon started their run in 1994 imo. That's when they made the changeover from mediocre to above average to good.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon started their run in 1994 imo. That's when they made the changeover from mediocre to above average to good.
Naw. Not even a top ten team or won ten games. It wasn't till 2000 2001 did they get on the national stage. And even then it would be another ten years before Chip got them to #3.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the 2000 Oregon didnt win squat . So out of a hundred years Oregon has been relevant for like seven . That's not a cycle. That's a ripple in time.
I dont think you understand what i mean by cyclical. Im not talking about Oregon specifically im talking about the ever changing rotationing of teams in the Pac in general. which does include Oregon but i mean the fact that in the North Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Cal, Washington and Washington State have all won or shared the title since 2000.
USC and Arizona State have won or shared UCLA, Colorado and Arizona have played for it.
Year in and year out you dont know who is going to be on top and who will be on the bottom.
The teams cycle more than other conferences.
Nothing is set.
In 80s would you have ever predicted Oregon would have even played for multiple National Championships?
That Washington would go 0-12 at any point?
That Oregon, Washington and Oregon State would share the conference title all with 10+ wins in the same season?
That Stanford would become a perennial power?
That over the last 3 decades Oregon has the second most conference titles in the Pac?

The Pac is cyclical. it isnt the same teams on top every year like every other conference who for the past decades you can point to the same teams over and over and over and you would be right 99% of the time

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 2018 Pac-12 conference games: Stanford vs. Washington becoming a rivalry

DavidShaw_ChrisPetersen_2016_0.jpg

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think you understand what i mean by cyclical. Im not talking about Oregon specifically im talking about the ever changing rotationing of teams in the Pac in general. which does include Oregon but i mean the fact that in the North Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Cal, Washington and Washington State have all won or shared the title since 2000.
USC and Arizona State have won or shared UCLA, Colorado and Arizona have played for it.
Year in and year out you dont know who is going to be on top and who will be on the bottom.
The teams cycle more than other conferences.
Nothing is set.
In 80s would you have ever predicted Oregon would have even played for multiple National Championships?
That Washington would go 0-12 at any point?
That Oregon, Washington and Oregon State would share the conference title all with 10+ wins in the same season?
That Stanford would become a perennial power?
That over the last 3 decades Oregon has the second most conference titles in the Pac?

The Pac is cyclical. it isnt the same teams on top every year like every other conference who for the past decades you can point to the same teams over and over and over and you would be right 99% of the time

Maybe the last 15 years have been. But I've been watching since John Robinsons first year and Oregon in my mind has been really good for any good length of time once. But I guess you are technically correct it's been a rotation more so than in some conferences.