• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those type of rankings hold and that Wash vs Auburn game is going to be on hell of a way to open the season. Huskies win and the networks might even *GASP* have something positive to say about us. They'll still find a way to give us 8pm starts for every home game this year, but they could actually say something positive about the Dawgs and one can dream.... :humble:
I have Auburn as 8 - 10 pt. favorites going into that game ... the line may go has high as 12 right before kickoff imo. If UW wins that game it's going to a BFD for the Huskies. That means some national media attention east of the Rockies seeing how the media loves to suck SEC dick.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Early Pac-12 North Projection

football-coaches-chris-petersen-1.jpg

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not buying the list as far as USC players. Iman Marshall would have to have one of the greatest turnarounds in history to just get back to good. He doesn't have the instincts to play CB. I hear he worked hard this spring and I hope its true. Porter Gustin is a Clay Matthews type of player. I got to sit basically at field level a few times last season and the guys a beast. It's too bad he got hurt and played hurt enough to knock himself out of the season and not declare for the draft. He's going to give teams nightmares.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Catfish.
USA Today just slapped the Dawgs with a #4 poll ranking heading into fall.

The poll shakes out as follows:

1. Clemson
  2. Alabama
  3. Wisconsin
  4. Washington
  5. Ohio State
  6. Georgia
  7. Oklahoma
  8. TCU
  9. Penn State
  10. Miami
Other Pac-12 schools listed are Stanford at #12, and USC at #25.

Re-ranking college football's preseason top 25 after spring practice

Seems about right for USC. After spring, the defense is ahead of schedule, but Fink and Sears were both a bit underwhelming. We might be looking at JT Daniels coming in and taking the job as a true freshman.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those type of rankings hold and that Wash vs Auburn game is going to be on hell of a way to open the season. Huskies win and the networks might even *GASP* have something positive to say about us. They'll still find a way to give us 8pm starts for every home game this year, but they could actually say something positive about the Dawgs and one can dream.... :humble:

That's just crazy talk right there.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems about right for USC. After spring, the defense is ahead of schedule, but Fink and Sears were both a bit underwhelming. We might be looking at JT Daniels coming in and taking the job as a true freshman.

It's looking like JT is going to have to start. I'm comfortable with Fink and Sears as backups . Hopefully JT is the real deal.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking like JT is going to have to start. I'm comfortable with Fink and Sears as backups . Hopefully JT is the real deal.

Yeah, I'm hoping that Fink and Sears performance has more to do with the defense being ahead of schedule than anything. But based on what I've heard, that may not be the case.

I don't necessarily like the idea of a true freshman starting, but if he's the best guy...

It could be good in the long run. We'd have to lean on the defense and hope the rest of the offense can step up (especially the running game) this season, but then we should be in really good shape the next couple of years.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. :spit:

Pervasive Mismanagement Within Washington State Athletics Department Discovered In New Audit
May 03, 2018
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — A new internal audit has found extensive mismanagement within the Washington State University Athletics department, including the possible inflation of home football attendance and the improper distribution of free tickets to football games.

The audit, completed in mid-April, comes as leaders of the Pullman school grapple with a $67 million athletic budget deficit built up over recent years.

The audit also found problems with contract management, ethics training, attendance data, benefits for athletics employees and cash handling in the ticket office.

The school responded to the audit by saying changes were coming because of the hiring of a new director of athletics, Pat Chun, and other top administrators.

Chun was hired in January to replace Bill Moos, now at Nebraska, who was in charge during the audit period.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen must be a really shitty coach. Evidently he is coaching the most talent in the conference but only has 1 semi Pac 12 title.
From worst to first, ranking the 12 teams on Washington State’s 2018 schedule

Washington (last season: 10-3) –
Years 1-4 of the Chris Petersen era in Seattle netted 37 wins compared to 17 losses. If the Huskies can get over a big hurdle the first week of the season, 2018 could be their best season yet. Even though UW shipped five players off to the NFL last weekend, the Huskies return unarguably the best backfield in the Pac-12 – perhaps the nation – with quarterback Jake Browning and running back Myles Gaskin. The Huskies lose the league’s best defensive player from a year ago, but they bring back six players who collected all-conference accolades. It’s a long season, but UW might be well on its way to the College Football Playoff if it can steal a win from Auburn in Atlanta on Sept. 1. Grade: A+

APPLECUP_026_tt.JPG_t1170.jpg

Washington Huskies running back Myles Gaskin (9) runs the ball against WSU during the second half of the 2017 Apple Cup at Husky Stadium in Seattle, Wash. (Tyler Tjomsland / The Spokesman-Review)