• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers vs the dreaded Seattle Mariners 8/26 - 8/28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last month, the Rangers have gone from 7 games over .500 to 23. Impressive.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeh, one season.

We talking about the same guy?? I'm talking about Kirkman, he's got an MLB record of 2-5 with an ERA over 5...

To answer your question: "Surely not." hahaha If I misunderstood, which I probably did, then your statement makes perfect sense. Tell ya what, why don't we just "assume" I was on the wrong page.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steroids just hit his 2nd HR of the game, pushing the Oakland lead to 14-1. Not since Bret Boone has there been a more blatantly obvious case of steroid use than Brandon Moss. No-power journeymen who spend multiple seasons not hitting HRs in hitter's parks don't suddenly turn into 30+ HR beasts after moves to a spacious pitcher's park.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last month, the Rangers have gone from 7 games over .500 to 23. Impressive.

don't give a damn who you're playing; that's good.

Some one on with the DMN said today, in reference to under/over .500 teams - direct comment about the M's - "if you're facing their top 2 starters, they aren't a under .500 team. In fact, they are about 10 games above." Very good point since we've faced their top 2, like 15 times this season.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer your question: "Surely not." hahaha If I misunderstood, which I probably did, then your statement makes perfect sense. Tell ya what, why don't we just "assume" I was on the wrong page.[/QUOTE]

... well one of you was.

For some reason, I thought you were talking about Verlander. But, after rereading your comment, it makes lots of since regarding Kirkman. But pitchers, can make liars outta all of us in months (anyone out there who can spell Martin Perez?).

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT???! I thought the game was tonight...I was going to stay up, lol
Meh, who cares

SWEEP
12-4? I can't wait to watch the (shortened) game.

WOW, insert best adjectives here.
Check fox sw, they may replay

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, one thing I'm sad about, I missed Beltre's glorious antics with Felix pitching

dangit

gifs anyone?
purty please?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swear. This team has hit so many speed bumps this season. Then when we lost Cruz for the 50 games, I would've bet ya, the Rangers are toast. Shame on me. Here we sit atop the AL West, and hopefully staying there. Shut my mouth.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check fox sw, they may replay

I don't get Fox SW, that's why I stream MLB.
But, like I've mentioned...they do a good short game version, better than just highlights...usually 10-20 minutes depending on the game.

I could watch the whole thing as well on MLB, but that's kinna silly.

Hey, you can file this under nobody gives a crap column, but we are going home Friday...and I finally get to see my (been sick, but MUCH better) puppy!!!!! Of course she'll refuse to leave Dad's side, but my ole gal will be happy to see me.

Yes, we leave Kansas City right before the Rangers arrive...or pretty close. My timing is not so great this year.

Puppies and Wins!!!!!!!!!!

:yahoo:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
don't give a damn who you're playing; that's good.

Some one on with the DMN said today, in reference to under/over .500 teams - direct comment about the M's - "if you're facing their top 2 starters, they aren't a under .500 team. In fact, they are about 10 games above." Very good point since we've faced their top 2, like 15 times this season.

EG perhaps?

While Felix and Iwakuma have a combined 24 - 14 record (10 games over .500 in games they got a decision) ... in the 56 games they started SEA is 29 - 27 (2 games over .500). SEA won 5 games and lost 13 games that either Felix or Iwakuma had a ND.

So when the DMN expert says "if you are facing their top 2 starters, they aren't a under .500 team. In fact, they are about 10 games above" ... he is incorrect... 2 games over .500 ... not 10 games.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's crazy talk. DET is so interested in helping OAK win the ALW so let them win three games (pending). In doing so despite the wins ... OAK has not advanced an inch on TEX while DET has slipped from its #1 division leader position ... and TEX is now the #1 division leader by a game. (If BAL holds on over BOS ... TEX will have the #1 spot to itself).

Sure ... DET isn't trying very hard deliberately. If they keep it up though they may get to not see TEX in the playoffs because they'll be eliminated in the ALDS.

Gawd.....this is ridiculous. Is this guy even semi serious or, is he a troll? This team loses to that team in order that (A) leads to team (B) not amounting to squat. That makes sense. Det wants to lose in order to gain later. Solid foundation of logic there. No sense investing in anything other than baseball futures. What on earth is going on?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get Fox SW, that's why I stream MLB.
But, like I've mentioned...they do a good short game version, better than just highlights...usually 10-20 minutes depending on the game.

I could watch the whole thing as well on MLB, but that's kinna silly.

Hey, you can file this under nobody gives a crap column, but we are going home Friday...and I finally get to see my (been sick, but MUCH better) puppy!!!!! Of course she'll refuse to leave Dad's side, but my ole gal will be happy to see me.

Yes, we leave Kansas City right before the Rangers arrive...or pretty close. My timing is not so great this year.

Puppies and Wins!!!!!!!!!!

:yahoo:

I lived in KC many years ago and I ain't blowing smoke; nice town! Lived in Suck Louis before coming there. Hated hated StL and totally enjoyed Kc. go figure

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe its because I grew up in the 50s and 60s that I don't find "Cuban Missile" as a cute a name as others.

That was back when Presidents would actually make a decision without consulting polls.

Darryl Gann's avatar was the inspiration for the nickname for Martin. No offense meant. Back when we only had 3 channels the Cuban Missile Crisis was a scary time, missed that one as my earliest national memory is JFK's death. would argue now is just as scary because we have unchecked proliferation as rogue states exporting nuke tech while non-policies of retreat, corruption, & incompetence are covered up by 200 channels of desensitization and distraction. The balls inflight from Martin's arm & bat remind me of the velocity & accuracy of a laser guided missile. By the way, in case of nuclear attack don't hide behind a desk, but find an old fallout shelter, or head for the hills.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ball does seem to jump off Martin's bat.