• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers vs the dreaded Seattle Mariners 8/26 - 8/28

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dr Strangelove and Blazing Saddles should be required viewing on everyone's 13th birthday. Then have a symposium on their merits.
I'm sorry, but I have to add Duck Soup and A Night to the Opera to that.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Detroit going to coast this last month?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing of this great talent...but it never shows up on the field..and I honestly don't believe it. Let some other team attempt to unleash the potential...

Well, he's been in the bigs for 8 years and has an ERA of 3.40 or so, with a SO ratio of 3 1/2 to 1 (give-or-take), and his W-L record ( yeah yeah, I know it means nothing, but anyway) is 136-75. So, you been watching for one season or what? One season does not a career make.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Marx Bros, although brothers, did not play this in their movies. Just a bunch of misfits, cast together for no good reason. Anyway.

Line out of Day At the Races: Chico Marx says to Groucho Marx while they're at the horse track, "Boss, you buy this book from me and you'll never ever forget me!"
Groucho answeres back: "That's the most nauseating proposition I've ever had."

If this doesn't make you smile, well, I'm out. Too old, too tired, too drunk maybe.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Marx Bros, although brothers, did not play this in their movies. Just a bunch of misfits, cast together for no good reason. Anyway.

Line out of Day At the Races: Chico Marx says to Groucho Marx while they're at the horse track, "Boss, you buy this book from me and you'll never ever forget me!"
Groucho answeres back: "That's the most nauseating proposition I've ever had."

If this doesn't make you smile, well, I'm out. Too old, too tired, too drunk maybe.
Classic scene, Donaldson79

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's been in the bigs for 8 years and has an ERA of 3.40 or so, with a SO ratio of 3 1/2 to 1 (give-or-take), and his W-L record ( yeah yeah, I know it means nothing, but anyway) is 136-75. So, you been watching for one season or what? One season does not a career make.
Yeh, one season.

We talking about the same guy?? I'm talking about Kirkman, he's got an MLB record of 2-5 with an ERA over 5...

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT???! I thought the game was tonight...I was going to stay up, lol
Meh, who cares

SWEEP
12-4? I can't wait to watch the (shortened) game.

WOW, insert best adjectives here.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bottom of the 6th ... OAK has put up 10 runs so far ... and no matter their heroics and if their 9 run lead holds up ... at the end of the night they will still be 3GB.

All OAK will have accomplished is put DET a full game back of TEX.

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Detroit even. It's batting practice over there.
More convinced than ever that they are not trying very hard to win these games. They would prefer not to see Rangers in playoffs. Detroit does not need these games. Doubt they try very hard tomorrow either with Surzbagger on the mound.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea you missed it ... amazing! Martin hit a HR that went out of the roof and landed in the Puget Sound.

oh, thanks for the tip, I can at least watch that highlight right now.
condensed game will be up by morning, I won't miss anything that was good. Not the same as live, but the condensed game thing is my favorite thing about the MLB streaming account...

*going to checkout Martin Mash*

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More convinced than ever that they are not trying very hard to win these games. They would prefer not to see Rangers in playoffs. Detroit does not need these games. Doubt they try very hard tomorrow either with Surzbagger on the mound.

That's crazy talk. DET is so interested in helping OAK win the ALW so let them win three games (pending). In doing so despite the wins ... OAK has not advanced an inch on TEX while DET has slipped from its #1 division leader position ... and TEX is now the #1 division leader by a game. (If BAL holds on over BOS ... TEX will have the #1 spot to itself).

Sure ... DET isn't trying very hard deliberately. If they keep it up though they may get to not see TEX in the playoffs because they'll be eliminated in the ALDS.

Last edited by a moderator: