• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers vs the dreaded Seattle Mariners 8/26 - 8/28

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You watch...The Mariners will put him on waivers and the A's will pick him up. LOL that would be our lot.

Probably has cleared waivers ... but OAK could not afford him ... and anyway they got Donaldson to play 3b.

Not sure everyone understands the rules after the non-waiver trade deadline. If a player is actually released ... then a claim means you get the guy and his contract. If a team puts a player out on revocable waivers ... the team that put the claim in has 48.5 hours to get the losing to agree to a trade (like TEX got Rios). It's not like they are free.

The SEA price to OAK for Seager would be double the price anyone else would have to pay and the result would make OAK much weaker overall.

Remember ... SEA has 10-6 record against OAK ... SEA would make OAK really hurt in any deal between the teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think TEX "overpaid" for EA's new program. It's not like there is a store where you can buy a SS. I'll trust JD knowing exactly what Elvis'value is now and will be across the term of the contract.

Know there are some who bemoan that EA doesn't have 12HRs or such ... but I think the way it works if you are carrying the extra weight equal to the muscle to get those HRs ... then another part of your game isn't as effective and you become more injury prone.

TEX knew what he was when he came over as the #2 or #3 piece in the Teixeira trade. A HR slugging SS is not what they were looking for.

There are few HR power hitting SS in the league. If you look at some of the contenders, I say our SS situation stacks up better than all of them.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Soria is up. Don't want this one to get out of hand with Seager coming up again.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There are few HR power hitting SS in the league. If you look at some of the contenders, I say our SS situation stacks up better than all of them.

Yep. One of those SS superstar sluggers hangs out with Cruz now watching games on TV. Think you have it right. If you want your SS to be a slugger ... forget him making as many highlight reel defensive plays ... or scoring from second on a bunt.

EA's making $4.8mil in 2013 ... and at this point in the season he's got a 2.8WAR. At $4.5mil per win ... (4.5 x 2.8 = $12.6mil. So as far as 2013 is concerned TEX so far this season has already been able to put (12.6 - 4.8 =) $7.8mil in value back which pays his 2014 value (salary).

As you said ... "our SS situation stacks up better than all of them".

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: with both of you. Absolutely great trade with the Braves, and one if they had to do it over again, wouldn't. I like EA a lot. Screw power. Power comes from wherever it comes. Meaning: there are X amount of RBI in the game. If you get them from the SS is completely irrelevantly. We have a power 2nd base - in the grand scream - a power bat at 3rd, and maybe a good RBI guy at first. Although Mitch is running thin with me at this point. But overall, our INF (including C) has pretty good power.

AND EA is still only 25 years. He may hit 7-10 HRs a year yet. Don't think so, but the jury is out.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With expanding the roster next week we won't have to worry about just having to rely on one long reliever.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYFdldfYEJk]ACDC Thunderstruck Official Music Video! - YouTube[/ame]

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:agree: with both of you. Absolutely great trade with the Braves, and one if they had to do it over again, wouldn't. I like EA a lot. Screw power. Power comes from wherever it comes. Meaning: there are X amount of RBI in the game. If you get them from the SS is completely irrelevantly. We have a power 2nd base - in the grand scream - a power bat at 3rd, and maybe a good RBI guy at first. Although Mitch is running thin with me at this point. But overall, our INF (including C) has pretty good power.

AND EA is still only 25 years. He may hit 7-10 HRs a year yet. Don't think so, but the jury is out.[/QUOTE]

No it isn't out ... there is no freaking jury except in the mind of those who long for those wonder days as #4 in the ALW with Rudy the batting coach and Hank Blalock being the only prospect that makes the bigs. All that power got TEX nowhere. Until EA displaced Face at SS TEX had exactly one post season game in its franchise history. That's measure enough for me.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin Perez = Ace Killer

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the most random thing ever, but his last 3 starts Perez (a rookie) has beaten Felix twice and Sale once.