• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers against the Oakland A's 9/2 -9/4

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did know about it but good grief what in the world is happening? Ron needs a good 3rd base coaching job somewhere else.:omg:

hahahaha....Now that' funny. thanks

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good evening folks....gotta 11 hour drive to Nashville tomorrow and early.

Go Rangers and let's kick the crap outta CJ, Josh and Arte too!

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drive safely, donaldson79

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like a real good plan. If we lose there I see troubled waters ahead.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just working through the pages ... am at page 96 on my way to 99.

A couple of bright spots ... Ortiz and Ogando had shut down innings along with .2 for Nefti ... Gentry and Profar went 2 for 4 again. Adduci 1 for 2 and Butler 1 for 1.

No need for me to add my comments on negative stuff ... am sure everyone else documented each of them. Nothing I can add to that disaster.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this team just doesn't have a good core. iif Beltre and Kins drop off there is no one left to pick up the team. I like Pierzynski, Rios and Moreland but they just don't provide the kind of support that we need when Beltre ad Kins are off. this off-season we need to address our offensive woes while not ignoring the pitching.

So if they are unable to pick up the slack from Beltre and Kinsler (with Cruz absent) why do you like them... their haircuts?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For Rev,
Some Sabermetric considerations on bunting with runners on 1st/2nd
------------------------------------------
The most fruitful situation for bunting comes from advancing runners on first and second to second and third. The WPAs are described in the table below, along with looking at different run environments. For reference, 4.5/game is about the MLB average now.

Qv8ai_medium

These results show that bunting may be a viable strategy with runners on first and second, especially with a good bunter. Remember that we did these calculations only for the 9th inning though, and with the score tied. The numbers change when the bunting team is down a run, and it turns out that bunting is not quite as effective in this situation, but still viable.

So what can we conclude from this WPA analysis? In the proper run environment, that is, with strong pitching or weak hitting, a bunt may be a viable option. Also, it its most effective with runners on first and second, although this has been known for some time.

source
A Sabermetric View of Bunting - Bless You Boys

Lainey ... and you said you were research limited. Awesome!

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh.....one last point on AJ. He played for Ozzie Guillen in Chicago. And Ozzie had this quote: "When he plays against you, you hate him. When he plays with you, you hate him a little less."

Now that's pretty good, and speaks volumes about AJP.

The rest of what Ozzie said was ...

Guillen also acknowledged Pierzynski's value to the club, despite being relatively high-maintenance: "A.J.'s been great for me. He's worth the work because he always shows up for you."

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't believe no one has mentioned how the Rangers batted out of order in the top of the 9th. Yet another feather in Ron Washington's cap, having your team bat out of order. I know it was a rout and didn't matter, but that is just embarrassing.

I'd turned the game off by then ... how come the umps allowed Soto's HR to stand? According to the box score assuming it was correct E. Beltre was batting for AJ. So Soto batted out of order and should have been called out ... yet his HR is reflected in the score.

Strange. And embarrassing.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd turned the game off by then ... how come the umps allowed Soto's HR to stand? According to the box score assuming it was correct E. Beltre was batting for AJ. So Soto batted out of order and should have been called out ... yet his HR is reflected in the score.

Strange. And embarrassing.

wait a minute, more importantly :D
Did Soto actually hit a HR at the end of the game?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This was a funny play off what I said Rev, I missed it.
That's what we seem to be down to

"Score some run!"
new team motto?

I was amazed when goofy John Rhadigan showed off the ugly gray Tshirts with some equally goofy Wash quote from the post game meeting in Cleveland. Was this it?

Took how long to get a bunch of gray Tshirts made up? :lol:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet it has been ugly in here today... tough loss but they still have a enough time to turn it around. I know they have the pieces to get hot and make a push to win the West, I just don't know they if they will. I sure hope they do though. GO RANGERS!!!

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was amazed when goofy John Rhadigan showed off the ugly gray Tshirts with some equally goofy Wash quote from the post game meeting in Cleveland. Was this it?

Took how long to get a bunch of gray Tshirts made up? :lol:
I am sure if that coach made them (can't think of his name but he made the claw and antler shirts too), the team has had them for a while, Rhadigan's dumb ass probably just realized and assumed it was a new thing.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said bunting while down before the 7th isn't what I would do. I would say that piece from the Tiger blog seems to agree with my line of thinking.

Least we weren't the Tigers today. They got it way worse the day after their best pitcher lost 2-1.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure if that coach made them (can't think of his name but he made the claw and antler shirts too), the team has had them for a while, Rhadigan's dumb ass probably just realized and assumed it was a new thing.
Hoggie Price?