• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers against the Oakland A's 9/2 -9/4

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one bright note of JDs last off season. Afraid he has to through the money around this next one.

Agree, AJ was the right move
I was wrong

I can't even get into worry about this off-season...I would crack a caratoid, like everyone, I desperately want to win this division.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so a's are playing the Astros. Hopefully the Astros can take atleast 1

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so a's are playing the Astros. Hopefully the Astros can take atleast 1
The only thing that matters now is what we do. The division can be had but we have to suck it up and claim it. Playing like we have lately and the A's get it. Playing like you and I know they can and we get it. How bad do they want it?:noidea:

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only love him in the pen. I love him always.
Why do you love Ogando the starter Rev? Not intending to pick a fight, just honestly wondering? Guy had a great pre-ASB two years ago, then didnt make the rotation last year and we have seen how not good this year's attempt at SP has been.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you love Ogando the starter Rev? Not intending to pick a fight, just honestly wondering? Guy had a great pre-ASB two years ago, then didnt make the rotation last year and we have seen how not good this year's attempt at SP has been.
Starter innings are more valuable than reliever innings. He's got a plus change up and great fastball. I think he can be an effective 5th starter. I would take spot starts out of him though. Any way to get him 100+ innings a year in.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starter innings are more valuable than reliever innings. He's got a plus change up and great fastball. I think he can be an effective 5th starter. I would take spot starts out of him though. Any way to get him 100+ innings a year in.

Plus change? I've scarcely seen him throw one and when I have I'd hardly call it a plus pitch

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus change? I've scarcely seen him throw one and when I have I'd hardly call it a plus pitch
Check his PitchFx this year. He worked on his change in the off season and it's shown. It's been his best pitch all year long.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

We're OT here ... more relevant to the Season Thread ... but preemptively TEX 2014 rotation will include Darvish, Holland, Perez and a healthy Harrison in no particular order. Options to fill the #5 will include a number of younger talents with more upside than Ogando but its still possible TEX looks at him to compete for a spot knowing they can roll him into the bullpen quickly if needed.

AAA was pretty well drained in 2013 ... but Tepesch, Lindblom and Rodebaugh remain with perhaps Tepesch the only one who is a legitimate contender especially considering he won the job last spring. Luke Jackson and Nick Martinez just got to AA so are probably 2 years away. But there are fresh folks there.

TEX will undoubtedly bring in some veterans to compete for that spot ... but whether it is Ross going back to AAA to spend a year revamping himself as an SP or Ogando redux ver 3.0 or Tepesch ... I see them all better options than signing Garza for $9mil+ to fill a #5 spot.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check his PitchFx this year. He worked on his change in the off season and it's shown. It's been his best pitch all year long.

problem is, he's fragile. as long as he was coming out of the pen he was dynamic but since they've tried to stretch him out as a starter he has had consistent issues with durability. if he doesn't get traded in the off-season he will be back in the pen next season, possibly as the long reliever

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem is, he's fragile. as long as he was coming out of the pen he was dynamic but since they've tried to stretch him out as a starter he has had consistent issues with durability. if he doesn't get traded in the off-season he will be back in the pen next season, possibly as the long reliever
If he's that injury prone, what sort of value would he have in a trade? I don't see the Rangers giving away a major league arm. The last time I remember them doing that was Chad Ray in 2010 for Bengie Molina. I wouldn't consider sending Grimm in a trade a major league arm.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's that injury prone, what sort of value would he have in a trade? I don't see the Rangers giving away a major league arm. The last time I remember them doing that was Chad Ray in 2010 for Bengie Molina. I wouldn't consider sending Grimm in a trade a major league arm.

as a reliever he still has value but as a starter if you can't get 25+ starters a season then he hurts the team.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a reliever he still has value but as a starter if you can't get 25+ starters a season then he hurts the team.
Texas will always need a spot starter. I think he can be what Tim Wakefield was for Boston. A better version of that though.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're OT here ... more relevant to the Season Thread ... but preemptively TEX 2014 rotation will include Darvish, Holland, Perez and a healthy Harrison in no particular order. Options to fill the #5 will include a number of younger talents with more upside than Ogando but its still possible TEX looks at him to compete for a spot knowing they can roll him into the bullpen quickly if needed.

AAA was pretty well drained in 2013 ... but Tepesch, Lindblom and Rodebaugh remain with perhaps Tepesch the only one who is a legitimate contender especially considering he won the job last spring. Luke Jackson and Nick Martinez just got to AA so are probably 2 years away. But there are fresh folks there.

TEX will undoubtedly bring in some veterans to compete for that spot ... but whether it is Ross going back to AAA to spend a year revamping himself as an SP or Ogando redux ver 3.0 or Tepesch ... I see them all better options than signing Garza for $9mil+ to fill a #5 spot.

if you can't expect to get at least 25+ starts out of any one of them then it hurts the team because then you have to play musical starting rotation. look at this year with the exception of Darvish & Holland no one we expected to open the season with has given us any consistency and we were forced to open the season with Tepesch and Grimm. they pitched well for a while and then it caught up with them

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair enough. I guess what drives me nuts with him is he has such electric stuff but so inconsistent. A better version of Wakefield would be alright!