• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers against the Oakland A's 9/2 -9/4

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really have nothing else to say after today's game. Just hope everyone has a safe and happy Labor Day!!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate you Oakland. I hope you all get dysentery and shit your brains out the whole series.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I can say is that has to be one of the worst performances of the season and doesn't give me much of warm feeling about the Oakland series

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I can say is that has to be one of the worst performances of the season and doesn't give me much of warm feeling about the Oakland series
Definitely the worst considering what's at stake and who they were playing...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This team seems to have a switch they just flip off and on. Hopefully it's on for this series.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Glad for Jim Adduci. Good for him. One for 2 with a BB in his first MLB game.

He's batting .500. Which is exactly .500/.221 = 2.26 times higher BA than Murphy.

What makes my head explode is that all it took was 1 Sep to come around for TEX to make a 40man roster spot available for Adduci ... and within 14 hours of midnight he's starting in LF beause he's a LH bat and excellent OFer.

That's all it took to displace Murphy ... 1 Sep coming around. I'm not saying Adduci is the sought after solution at all but if all it took was either DFAing Joe Benson or releasing Justin Miller to make room for Adduci on the 40man ... then he could have been up at TEX half the summer like when E.Beltre was up ... or McGuiness was up ... since Adduci plays OF and 1b.

Murphy could have gone on the mystery DL 2 weeks ago ... and then both Adduci and Murphy are post season eligible. The way it is now ... no matter how really really good Adduci is in the next 4 weeks unless someone gets the injury disease ... he will not be playing post season. But he was good enough to play within 14 hours of being called up. Just not good enough 15 hours before.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.... That twin series was a waste of time if I do say so myself..... Call me crazy, but we just have to accept the realization that this race will go down to the final week of the season and the A's will see to it that we're never comfortable and constantly miserable with them earning victories pulled out from the jaws of defeat in the later innings. Based off that fact, focusing on the reality of the situation, the A's are coming right at us and they are throwing their best pitchers ( even ugly disgusting cheating fatso who shouldn't be in the MLB anymore).

I'd gladly take 1/3 and just leave. Of course, I want better tho. The A's have the upper hand schedule and momentum wise. We need the bottom feeders to do to Oakland what they did to us. Play them hard like it's a playoff series. Our fate largely lies in the hands of Anaheim ( 6 games) and Minnesota (7 games). If these teams roll over like fido and " play dead" we will most likely be playing Tampa Bay HOPEFULLY in Tampa Bay for the wildcard. We've never lost a playoff game in that building and lord knows, we suck at home. We just gotta take it a day at a time and try to hang tough. The A's have the easier road now....if we get a wildcard and have to play every contender on the road, i'd like our chances better. I'd still like to avoid the " play in game" tho.

We had our chances to build a lead and didn't get it done. The bottom feeders played tough, while the contenders didn't have their best against the A's. Hopefully, we're in this for the long haul and it comes down to the last few games of the season.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.... That twin series was a waste of time if I do say so myself..... Call me crazy, but we just have to accept the realization that this race will go down to the final week of the season and the A's will see to it that we're never comfortable and constantly miserable with them earning victories pulled out from the jaws of defeat in the later innings. Based off that fact, focusing on the reality of the situation, the A's are coming right at us and they are throwing their best pitchers ( even ugly disgusting cheating fatso who shouldn't be in the MLB anymore).

I'd gladly take 1/3 and just leave. Of course, I want better tho. The A's have the upper hand schedule and momentum wise. We need the bottom feeders to do to Oakland what they did to us. Play them hard like it's a playoff series. Our fate largely lies in the hands of Anaheim ( 6 games) and Minnesota (7 games). If these teams roll over like fido and " play dead" we will most likely be playing Tampa Bay HOPEFULLY in Tampa Bay for the wildcard. We've never lost a playoff game in that building and lord knows, we suck at home. We just gotta take it a day at a time and try to hang tough. The A's have the easier road now....if we get a wildcard and have to play every contender on the road, i'd like our chances better. I'd still like to avoid the " play in game" tho.

We had our chances to build a lead and didn't get it done. The bottom feeders played tough, while the contenders didn't have their best against the A's. Hopefully, we're in this for the long haul and it comes down to the last few games of the season.

Fortunately our last two series are Houston and LAA.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You make a good point.... I'm confident against those 2 teams at home... Maybe Oakland too. Hopefully we can get lucky and catch Pitt at a good time lol

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make a good point.... I'm confident against those 2 teams at home... Maybe Oakland too. Hopefully we can get lucky and catch Pitt at a good time lol

Pitt struggles on the road.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have played the A's well all season and could put themselves in a great spot if they swept this series, I don't expect it though. Even 2 of 3 would be great! Go Rangers!!!

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Angels are playing better than us right now. I mean we barely won 1 game from Minnesota at home. We stink at home right now.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we're going to have to go without EA, and maybe for a while. And Martin needs time off badly too. Then, and I know no one wants to hear this, but Murphy's going back to LF today.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we're going to have to go without EA, and maybe for a while. And Martin needs time off badly too. Then, and I know no one wants to hear this, but Murphy's going back to LF today.

:L

The worst is EA...I'm glad we have Profar to fill in, but EA he is not...it's the age, not the potential.

and what more can be said about Murphy.
Baker playing yesterday against a RHP, and no Gentry.
I've been one of Wash's supporters in most cases, but I can no longer support him and these line-ups.

It's September and Murphy is still playing. I can't imagine many other good Managers doing this, when they do have other options
Wash needs to go after the season. Nothing personal against him, I REALLY like the guy. If that does happen, the question is who JD can find....that will be up to JD to figure out.

Someone will hire Wash, he'll be fine.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Angels are playing better than us right now. I mean we barely won 1 game from Minnesota at home. We stink at home right now.
That's a valid point and leads me to this...

The team is so unpredictable, IMO it's anyone's guess at this point. We could squeak out a close Division win or end up 6 or more games behind.

I have no idea what to think.
But I love this team.

Go Rangers!