• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers against the Oakland A's 9/2 -9/4

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the concern, but I think that the team has shown enough resiliency that it's not unfounded to expect them to shake the recent modest slump. Would love to see Profar step up while EA is out.

Yeah let's all hope so. Like I said, I hope I'm just being pessimistic.

Swear, this team has played under the darkest of clouds all season though. Injuries, more injuries, guys not coming back from injuries when expected if at all, suspension, slumps - really disappointed in Murphy and Moreland - and it just seems like the baseball Gods are not smiling at our Rangers this season.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the concern, but I think that the team has shown enough resiliency that it's not unfounded to expect them to shake the recent modest slump. Would love to see Profar step up while EA is out.
I think we can expect Kinsler and Beltre to step up and that is what the rest need to do. Profar will be fine at ss and Leo is likely to surprise.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUST A REMINDER THAT WE ARE PLAYING TODAY 3:00 CST.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can expect Kinsler and Beltre to step up and that is what the rest need to do. Profar will be fine at ss and Leo is likely to surprise.

Agreed. Seems like only yesterday that those three had big days against King Felix. I'm expecting more heroics soon.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Seems like only yesterday that those three had big days against King Felix. I'm expecting more heroics soon.

I'm hoping Gentry gets some PT in CF since Martin is so struggling right now. He's got to be a little worn down from his first MLB season. I'd like to see Gentry (CF) and Adduci (LF) get time for a few games anyway.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to bring up a sore subject, but after hearing all this about Gina Miller over the last few days, I looked her up on You Tube today. Wow, she's a knock out!! :drool: Hey, if you all are sick of her, send her over Atlanta way, let her report on the Braves and Falcons! Improvement over the losers we have...

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to bring up a sore subject, but after hearing all this about Gina Miller over the last few days, I looked her up on You Tube today. Wow, she's a knock out!! :drool: Hey, if you all are sick of her, send her over Atlanta way, let her report on the Braves and Falcons! Improvement over the losers we have...

I think we all get sick of our baseball announcers. I mean it is hard to listen to the same guys talk about essentially the same thing for 100+ games per year. They are going to get on you nerves at some point. I mean just the other day I muted the game and just watched purely for the fact that I was just sick of hearing TAG's voice. Granted Miller isn't an announcer but I really don;t pay too much attention when she is on... what were people gripping at about her?

Last edited by a moderator:

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all get sick of our baseball announcers. I mean it is hard to listen to the same guys talk about essentially the same thing for 100+ games per year. They are going to get on you nerves at some point. I mean just the other day I muted the game and just watched purely for the fact that I was just sick of hearing TAG's voice. Granted Miller isn't an announcer but I really don;t pay too much attention when she is one... what were people gripping at about her?
I'm in exactly the same place here...sick of these same people year in and year out...

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all get sick of our baseball announcers. I mean it is hard to listen to the same guys talk about essentially the same thing for 100+ games per year. They are going to get on you nerves at some point. I mean just the other day I muted the game and just watched purely for the fact that I was just sick of hearing TAG's voice. Granted Miller isn't an announcer but I really don;t pay too much attention when she is on... what were people gripping at about her?
She either asked a question to Wash or had a story about Yu Darvish not having a killer instinct after losing the 2 run lead against the Twins the other night...set us all off on a big discussion about Darvish, our crappy offense and Gina Millers qualifications as a sports journalist....

Don't comment on any of this...it will start it up all over again....and we'll forget we're playing Oakland in 2 hours...

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She either asked a question to Wash or had a story about Yu Darvish not having a killer instinct after losing the 2 run lead against the Twins the other night...set us all off on a big discussion about Darvish, our crappy offense and Gina Millers qualifications as a sports journalist....

Don't comment on any of this...it will start it up all over again....and we'll forget we're playing Oakland in 2 hours...

Sure, I won't... its really not that shockingthough... that's the typical Dallas media approach.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I won't... its really not that shockingthough... that's the typical Dallas media approach.
How's the banner looking, dude? Saw a thread on it, think I voted #5.

Rudy_Rangerfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Murphy starting today ! We should have gentry or adduci in there !
:doh:

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L. Martin, CF
J. Profar, SS
I. Kinsler, 2B
A. Beltre, 3B
A. Pierzynski, C
A. Rios, RF
M. Moreland, 1B
L. Berkman, DH
D. Murphy, LF

D. Holland, SP

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's the banner looking, dude? Saw a thread on it, think I voted #5.

Whats up Darryl? I think I am done with the banner thing for now. It looks like banner 3 won the vote but I think the guy that created the original banner is going to add Yu and Beltre into his then we will do some sort of final vote or something. Then, presuming the admin of this page approves, the banner that wins that vote will be posted. I suppose we could also include banner 5 in that vote as it was really close between banner 5 and banner 3.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is the game at 3:00? Is it because of Labor Day? :wtf2:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L. Martin, CF
J. Profar, SS
I. Kinsler, 2B
A. Beltre, 3B
A. Pierzynski, C
A. Rios, RF
M. Moreland, 1B
L. Berkman, DH
D. Murphy, LF

D. Holland, SP

Berkman huh? Well I guess we will if he has anything left

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats up Darryl? I think I am done with the banner thing for now. It looks like banner 3 won the vote but I think the guy that created the original banner is going to add Yu and Beltre into his then we will do some sort of final vote or something. Then, presuming the admin of this page approves, the banner that wins that vote will be posted. I suppose we could also include banner 5 in that vote as it was really close between banner 5 and banner 3.
I'm good, dude. Just waiting for this game to come on. Afraid this series will determine how this last month goes. Who's chasing who. Guess I'll see the new banner once it's done. Shame about Pegasus!

As far as Berkman? :hope:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Berkman? :hope:

+1 Might not be too realistic to expect it, but if he could come back and get on base and drive in runs like he did the first month of the season, he could be a real difference maker.