• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

our draft pros and cons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wanted to make this thread to get everyones opinion on each of our draft picks. each player. every player has pros and cons. so place them both. this could make an interesting discussion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick one Kelvin Benjamin:

Pros: cant teach his elite size and catching radius. with his size he can stretch the field verticaly and be a legitimate threat in the red zone and short yardage situations. great blocker down field and can prolly be used to crack down on DE and LB to free up a lineman or TE for bigger gains. tremendouse upside to be a legitimate WR in the NFL.

Cons: very Raw as route runner, tight hips and size limit he ability to turn and explode out of his cuts. I personally believe if he dropped 10 pounds he could improve his explosion and become twice as dangerous. needs to improve concentration, makes drops that with his size and skill set he should make routinely. high ceiling player who has sizable bust potential. was risky but reward for what he can become out weighed the risks. IMO at worst should be a red zone threat and short yardage demon.

2nd pick: Kony Ealy

Pros: easily a value pick, should have been gone long before we picked in the second. gets upfield well and is disruptive pass rusher. has a lot of room to grow. can develop easily into solid starter or at worst 3rd DE that you don't miss a beat when in the game.

Cons: needs to improve hand placement and be better against the run. really gets out of position at times in the run game. flashed ability to get better in that area. really looked like he just needed technique work and should get better in that area over time. needs to develop secondary move for when his primary rush is cut of.

3rd pick: Trey Turner G

Pros: loved this guy. Built nlike a damn refrigerator. solid run blocker who can really eliminate his guy. long arms make it difficult to get into his body and is a solid pass protector. athletic and pulls extremely well and gets to second level like nobody else. not much not to like about him actually, except I wish he was a tackle lol. but he is strictly a guard.

Cons: can be a bit top heavy, needs to get into better shape. NFL workouts will help him tremendously in this area. only 20 so has lot of upside but could have used another year in college. struggles at time with top 3 technique DT's. he should improve in this area when he gets into better shape and some technique work.

4th: Tre Boston S

Pros: looks like solid ST player, pretty good against the run and solid tackler. decent in coverage when he comes forward. will deliver a shot to jar ball loose.

Cons: not elite really in any area, could develop into starter but looks more like a backup to me. doesn't cover well down field as he is much better coming forward.

5th pick: Benewiker CB

Pros: Comes forward well and has sloid hands to make the pick. displays good range and leaping ability. I personaly didn't care much for this pick thought there where better CB's on board.

Cons: Speed is major liability here. can get beaten deep, evidence by his struggles in college with elite deep threats. tracks ball well but may struggle to jump routes in NFL despite solid quickness. purly a nickel corner and ST player. don't see him being a starter at all.

6th pick: Gaffney RB

Pros: runs mean, solid between tackles and doesn't stop churning his feet. good in pass pro too and displays good hands in passing game. Solid in just about every aspect, just not elite in any of them. Easily a really good number 3 back possibly number 2.

Cons: not elite power nor speed. wont break many long runs and is not threat to break runs out side. has good lean and runs hard but definutly wont knock anyone down. needs work on routes as he didn't run many at Stanford but mostly blocked

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start with Benjamin.

Pros - HE IS BIG!!! As they say, you can't teach size. I think he plays faster than his 40 times indicate and he should be a great downfield blocker for the run game and other WR's. He may not get great separation but there are not many 6'5" C/S's that can out jump him. He has shown he can be a clutch receiver and plays smart.

Cons - not the most polished WR. Route Running is fair but needs work (thank God we have Proehl to teach him that). Hands are also suspect, too many dropped balls, especially on routine pass plays.

Overall, I really like this pick. We needed a WR and I think we got the kind of WR we really needed. With Cam's habit of overthrowing his receivers, Benjamin's size will come in handy. As long as he his smart enough to listen and work (unlike Jarrett) he will have a very bright future.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start with Benjamin.

Pros - HE IS BIG!!! As they say, you can't teach size. I think he plays faster than his 40 times indicate and he should be a great downfield blocker for the run game and other WR's. He may not get great separation but there are not many 6'5" C/S's that can out jump him. He has shown he can be a clutch receiver and plays smart.

Cons - not the most polished WR. Route Running is fair but needs work (thank God we have Proehl to teach him that). Hands are also suspect, too many dropped balls, especially on routine pass plays.

Overall, I really like this pick. We needed a WR and I think we got the kind of WR we really needed. With Cam's habit of overthrowing his receivers, Benjamin's size will come in handy. As long as he his smart enough to listen and work (unlike Jarrett) he will have a very bright future.

I habe a question. how many jump balls has Cam throw? lol im just asking cause I cant for the life of me remember any.