• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Draft is done, now who sticks?

Which Draft picks stick with the team?

• Kevin White

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Eddie Goldman

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Hroniss Grasu

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Jeremy Langford

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Adrian Amos

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Tayo Fabuluje

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we all know that some draft picks pan out and others are gone within a year while other contribute minimally for a few years and then get cut. Now that we know who we picked, which players will stick? You can pick multiple players in the poll. Also, do you think any of the players will be pro bowlers? All-Pro?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the first three picks chances to stick with the team, but not the last three.

Jeremy Langford could be a keeper, but I just don't have faith in any Running Backs. The scouting reports I have read aren't that great either. They make him look like more of a 3rd down runningback, which I think is what the Bears drafted him as. Even if he is successful in the role, he could be gone soon unless he can take over for forte. (I apologize if I refer to him as keith Langford at times)

Amos could also be a keeper, but much like RB, Free Safety is a humungous crap shoot. We don't know if he can develop into a player that can read plays and get where he needs to be to make plays on the ball or if he will struggle to read defenses and look confused on the field more often than not. The odds are against him, which is why I didn't vote for him to stick, but he could also turn into a pro bowler.

Fabuluje looks like a physical beast that could turn into a great Right Tackle. He has potential, but the pick just reminds me of Jamarcus Webb too much to bet on this kid sticking. I like his upside, but I doubt he achieves it.

As for the guys that stick, I think White sticks and becomes a pro bowler a few seasons down the road. Not only does he have the talent, he will be across the field from Jeffery. Defenses will have to pick their poison in that scenario.

What I have read about Eddie Goldman makes me think Fangio is going to love this kid. I think he could be our NT for years to come. If not, he will be the back up.

Hroniss Grasu already has familiarity with long and was seen as a top c in this draft. I think he could blend into this line as the starter for a while. I doubt he's the second coming of Olin Kreutz, but he could be good in his own right.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our safeties were so bad, no clue of that late Safety might stick... Some had him ranked as the #2 safety in this draft. >shrugs< I do like the first 3 though.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after White...........I have no idea who these guys are.

So I just voted for the top 3 picks.
As for White,I believe he was the best wr in this years class.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after White...........I have no idea who these guys are.

So I just voted for the top 3 picks.
As for White,I believe he was the best wr in this years class.
I don't follow college football, but we're you high on white before the draft?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I like what I'm hearing out of that Fatty they picked in round 6. He said in the post draft interview with the media he's down to 330lbs. Not the 375lbs he was during some of last season. If he can stay around 330, he might make this team. :2cents:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I like what I'm hearing out of that Fatty they picked in round 6. He said in the post draft interview with the media he's down to 330lbs. Not the 375lbs he was during some of last season. If he can stay around 330, he might make this team. :2cents:
I haven't really heard much about this olinemen, except that he has had issues due to his weight and sitting out some time to help his family make ends meet. I hope the guy thrives in the NFL, I just don't see it. He seems like a massive project to me, much like Webb was. I'm not upset with the pick, but I'm also not expecting much more than out backup right tackle. However, if him and Grasu pan out, I think we are a left tackle away from a dominant oline (I seriously doubt kyle long moves out there now that they got Grasu this year).

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't really heard much about this olinemen, except that he has had issues due to his weight and sitting out some time to help his family make ends meet. I hope the guy thrives in the NFL, I just don't see it. He seems like a massive project to me, much like Webb was. I'm not upset with the pick, but I'm also not expecting much more than out backup right tackle. However, if him and Grasu pan out, I think we are a left tackle away from a dominant oline (I seriously doubt kyle long moves out there now that they got Grasu this year).

I see what your saying, no one is doubting he is a low floor but high ceiling kind of guy... The guy you pick in the 6th or 7th round. Like the pick. Think the kid deserves a shot.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow college football, but we're you high on white before the draft?

I`m another one that does not watch college football at all too.So my opinions are not the "gospel" so to speak.lol

I was high on Leonard Williams and White......Williams just for the fact "the experts" said he was the best player in the draft and we needed ton of defense.
White was the best wr in this years class in my opinion,after what I had read and heard from the experts.plus after trading BM,we gotten nobody in return for him.It left us another void to fill.So I was ecstatic when Williams and White were there at no.6.NYJ take Williams and I was praying then for White`s name to be called.

I also said I would be happy with Amari Cooper too......But like I said,was really hoping for White.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does the new C have to do with Long moving over.
Well kyle Long was a guard in college that built chemistry with Grasu at center. If you don't already know, guard is right next to center. If you put someone in between the two, that chemistry of playing next to each other is lost. Long might move to LT, but it won't be this year. I doubt he ever moves there.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I think it's possible Long moves to RT. Only possible, not guaranteed. As to the chemistry point, there a couple of ways to look at this. Yes, you would "lose" the chemistry they built in college to some degree, but that's hardly the only reason to draft Grasu, and if the value of playing guys at positions of strength outweighs the chemistry they built in college, you play them there. It isn't an absolute must or dealbreaker.

This being said, I wouldn't be surprised to not only see the Bears move Long to RT but also to have Grasu play 2015 at RG while learning from Montgomery how to play center. Guard is easier to learn for rookies than is center. Then you could move Grasu over whenever Montgomery is done.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's possible Long moves to RT. Only possible, not guaranteed. As to the chemistry point, there a couple of ways to look at this. Yes, you would "lose" the chemistry they built in college to some degree, but that's hardly the only reason to draft Grasu, and if the value of playing guys at positions of strength outweighs the chemistry they built in college, you play them there. It isn't an absolute must or dealbreaker.

This being said, I wouldn't be surprised to not only see the Bears move Long to RT but also to have Grasu play 2015 at RG while learning from Montgomery how to play center. Guard is easier to learn for rookies than is center. Then you could move Grasu over whenever Montgomery is done.
Excellent point.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching a good chunk of film on Langford, and I really like the guy. Has the size, speed, catching/blocking ability. Really think he could be a solid replacement for Forte. I also said the same about Carey. But Langford seems to fit the NFL mold a bit more.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well kyle Long was a guard in college that built chemistry with Grasu at center. If you don't already know, guard is right next to center. If you put someone in between the two, that chemistry of playing next to each other is lost. Long might move to LT, but it won't be this year. I doubt he ever moves there.
Guard is next to center? Well now I get why long can't move.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you know guard is next to center? He can't be moved. Try to keep up Cali.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching a good chunk of film on Langford, and I really like the guy. Has the size, speed, catching/blocking ability. Really think he could be a solid replacement for Forte. I also said the same about Carey. But Langford seems to fit the NFL mold a bit more.
They must have seen something they liked to go RB when our ILB group is so bare.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guard is next to center? Well now I get why long can't move.
Yeah, I was actually taking a shot at you when I said it... It was meant to be a playful insult to your intelligence. I understand if you didn't realize that. :D

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They must have seen something they liked to go RB when our ILB group is so bare.

I agree. Kind of thought the same after the two offensive picks in the 3rd and 4th.