• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Other sports talk

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'd say a good pick, some contact by Delly and a little flopping by the screener. Contact like that should be a no call if they are letting them play. Problem I have is they would let them play for periods of the game, then get whistle happy for a few minutes too. The beginning of the 4th Q, the refs helped GS get right back in the game. They called everything on Cleveland.

Refs were bad last night. But they were equally bad. I don't get all the fuss about it being one sided.
I had no negative comment on the fouls and calls. As a matter of fact, as you know, I was glad they got that OOB call at the end of the game right even though there was no clear evidence to overturn that call on Klay.

Point of the instragram gif was to demonstrate how yur boy went after the knees in retaliation to the clean pick knock down. Much as he did (With a strong leg push) in the Atlanta series which resulted in that ejection, except it was for a different reason IMO in that one.

The dude is an awesome blue collar guy but I think he is dirty at times, too dirty for the NBA and it will catch up to him sooner than later unless he gets some star status from his play here in the 2015 playoffs. (He's off to a pretty good start) But this dude just gets into altercations time and again and soon one of these will bite his ass! JMHO.

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice when GS went on their run late, Mosgov was out.

That's what u have to do if u want to beat the Cavs. Mosgov is a good option on offense, but he and Tristin have owned the paint and the boards series after series.
I've thought, since early in G1, that Mosgov has been the main difference, not James nor Della in this series so far.

I'm interested in seeing how the insertion of Lee by the GSW's will factor in vs Mosgov as we move onto G4.

So far, we have seen both teams in this series up a game at home.

G4 is critical for Golden State should this series trend continue..

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought, since early in G1, that Mosgov has been the main difference, not James nor Della in this series so far.

I'm interested in seeing how the insertion of Lee by the GSW's will factor in vs Mosgov as we move onto G4.

So far, we have seen both teams in this series up a game at home.

G4 is critical for Golden State should this series trend continue..

Lee was playing possessed no doubt. That's the difference right now. Cleveland is getting after it and diving for balls, fighting through picks, and in their face defensively, etc.

GS needs that spark plug and they also need to go inside and stop the jump shooting marathon. They say shots in the paint are a higher % shot for a reason.

I'm just surprised Vita that you don't like Delly's play? He's playing hard man. He's shorter and aggressive, I don't think he's purposely going after anyone's knees. I think he's diving around and throwing his body around to get through picks because he's guarding some stud shooters in this series.

You can single out 1 or 2 MAYBE dirty plays, but why not single out some of the Ballsy/effort plays he's made too? If I'm guarding the MVP and a 6'10 250+ guy is there to set a screen and i'm a small guard, i'm using every muscle in my body to somehow fight through it. You know dam well that the 6'10 dude is there to throw the hammer on you!!??

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delly's Defense reminds me a bit of Chauncey Billups when the Pistons won it all. But it's even more intense. I wish more players played with that kind of heart and passion. Delly reminds me of a mix of The Glove - physical D and The worm - as far as diving in the stands after balls.

Like I said, Bulls were up 2-1 and Kyrie was hurting.. In came Delly... Pestered the heck out of Rose and the Cavs won 3 in a row.

GS has barely led ANY of this series. And that Defense by Cleveland isn't changing. It's going to keep coming at you.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you and all Cavalier fans.

Did that turnover at the end of the game between LBJ and Curry appear as a BB play?

Honestly I understand the call after that on the floor with the foul, which is rarely called in a scrum in BB, but prior to that, the slide in to Curry by the 'Greatest Player on the Planet' without a foul being called there, was unforgivable.

If we are turning into a mash of BB and Rugby I see it, but that was not NBA Basketball in 2015 as we know it. Period!

I'll go on to say that a lot of the play that Della has demonstrated in this series run, below the waist type of rugby ball that isn't currently identified as a F2 foul rather a common foul or non foul has been cast off by the eyes of the officials because it is not an obvious F1 or F2 violation.

I've been watching the NBA as a true fan since 1969 and even with all the hard fouls of the 80's this is a new level of foul. :nod:

It's a mesh of cultures and sports and in the NBA it's dirty.

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you fight through screens, well... You fight through screens.

It's physical type play and that's what the Finals is all about.

Nice rugby play here by yer boy Della SJ!

:L
If you really, TRUELY have a non-biased opinion about this play, you will see Green try to stop right in front of Delly and throws a left elbow close to Delly's head, while trying to plant his body for a screen. Then Delly bodychecks Green in his hip/buttocks.

I'm just not sure why you seem to keep picking on Delly and being so one-sided? This was a good no-call by the refs on both teams.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you fight through screens, well... You fight through screens.

It's physical type play and that's what the Finals is all about.

:L
If you really, TRUELY have a non-biased opinion about this play, you will see Green try to stop right in front of Delly and throws a left elbow close to Delly's head, while trying to plant his body for a screen. Then Delly bodychecks Green in his hip/buttocks.

I'm just not sure why you seem to keep picking on Delly and being so one-sided? This was a good no-call by the refs on both teams.

Green plants a hard pick and extends his arm after impact, not before. He could've been called for the shove on the pick. Dellavedova essentially tackles Green. Green's play is physical and a borderline foul. Delly's is just illegal.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Extends his arm after impact." :lol: Yes... It was stop/plant, lean with the body, and then the elbow came up after.

Geeeez. Some of you just really hate Cleveland or Lebron. Green throws a bow right at Delly's neck/head and that's ok, but Delly's hip check on Green is Illegal. That's funny

It's 2 physical plays. :L 2 good no calls.

Stop whining it's the dam finals.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And without Lebron, the Warriors run away with it. What's your point? Iggy is a big part of what the Warriors do. It's not like he came out of nowhere and played out of his mind. He's always been a good player.

The Cavs are a horrible team without him. And without Love & Irving to take some of the load off of Lebron, they're toast. The Warriors are the better and deeper team. Lack of experience only matters so much when you're as good as this team is.

More comedy

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a regular season game. It has no bearing on the current match up at all. I live out in the Bay Area, so trust me, I've seen my fair share of Warriors games, including the one against the Bulls. And it was a great game, but shit happens during an 82 game season. No reason to put much stock into it. It's like when people start freaking out about early losing streaks in baseball.

It's not like teams haven't been playing or tried to play Curry physical all year long. It doesn't work as often as people want to believe. He's a very smart player and he figures out how to adjust during the game to the defense. And who's going to get physical with Curry? Delly isn't, Irving isn't. Can they really afford to put Lebron on Curry for most of the game? I hope not. James needs to be on Thompson and I'd double Curry on any pick 'n rolls. Make Green or Barnes beat you from 3, not Curry or Thompson.

I really needed a good laugh this morning.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize the Cavs won it all.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who's going to get physical with Curry? Delly isn't, Irving isn't.

:pound:

Don't mind me.. I'm just laughin. Didn't you say it was over? Didn't you say Golden St in 5 too?

What else do you have for me?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can single out 1 or 2 MAYBE dirty plays, but why not single out some of the Ballsy/effort plays he's made too?
Although I think he has a motor that doesn't quit, I do have this problem when players are reckless. Same reason I don't care for Blake Griffin.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who's going to get physical with Curry? Delly isn't, Irving isn't.

:pound:

Don't mind me.. I'm just laughin. Didn't you say it was over? Didn't you say Golden St in 5 too?

What else do you have for me?

I also said the only way the Cavs win is if Lebron puts the Cavs on his back and plays out of his mind, which he has done. I still expect the Warriors to win it all, but it might take longer than anticipated.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also said the only way the Cavs win is if Lebron puts the Cavs on his back and plays out of his mind, which he has done. I still expect the Warriors to win it all, but it might take longer than anticipated.

Yeah Lebron and that team defense is stout. They've won 9 of their last 10 games in the playoffs.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I think he has a motor that doesn't quit, I do have this problem when players are reckless. Same reason I don't care for Blake Griffin.

I'm guessing you hated Rodman everywhere but when he was on the Lakers then? ;)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Extends his arm after impact." :lol: Yes... It was stop/plant, lean with the body, and then the elbow came up after.

Geeeez. Some of you just really hate Cleveland or Lebron. Green throws a bow right at Delly's neck/head and that's ok, but Delly's hip check on Green is Illegal. That's funny

It's 2 physical plays. :L 2 good no calls.

Stop whining it's the dam finals.

He's not "throwing a 'bow", he's following through on a push on the pick, which could've been flagged for excessive, which I noted. It's stretching the limits of a legitimate basketball play. Delly tackled someone. That's not even close to being a basketball play.

The picks and screens in this series have been ridiculous; moving, pushing, grabbing. Some of those picks/screens would've been illegal even in the NFL. The official rule is the picker or screener needs to be stationary throughout the contact, lol. Fighting "through" a screen or pick is also illegal; you have to go around.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And.... Golden st showed up tonight. Their defensive intensity is much much better and Cleveland is not matching it.

Gonna be an interesting series.