• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Other sports talk

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say...if GS closes it out the next game and Lebron puts up another 40 point game or another triple double, how can you not give him the Finals MVP award? It's amazing what we are watching him do. He's the second greatest player I've seen, and I'm open to him surpassing MJ as the best once his career is over.

I think he has to push it to 7 games to get true consideration. Jerry West won finals MVP for the losing team in a 7 game series. Losing in 6 and still getting MVP seems wrong.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was yes and I still think it's funny. After you said Delly or Kyrie had no chance defending Curry, definitely.

Curry is good man. I never doubted that. But I knew Delly was a pretty good defender and I knew he could guard him. I think he's done a good job this series on Curry. You can't stop a great player for 6-7 games in the playoffs, but Delly sure as hell held him in check for a few games. You win some, you lose some.. That's sports.

The shots Curry is making are pretty redonk. I don't know if he can continue to make them, but he's definitely making some circus shots.

I think the difference in the series is that Golden St decided to play defense and Cleveland just isn't as deep. GS just keeps throwing guys at you.

Delladova has held Curry in check for one game. That's it. Curry's proven that Irving couldn't guard him (and we all know Kyrie doesn't give the kind of effort you need to be a good defender), and Delladova hasn't been able to keep him in check aside from Game 2.

Curry's been making those kind of shots throughout his career. I've seen him make those at Davidson and he's been able to continue to do that in the NBA. That's why he's the best shooter in the game.

Golden State has played good defense all series long. It took Kerr until after game 3 to make adjustments on the offensive end to get his team going.

I'm really hoping this goes to 7 and the Cavs win. It's the only thing that might make the Lebron haters shut up for once.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delladova has held Curry in check for one game. That's it. Curry's proven that Irving couldn't guard him (and we all know Kyrie doesn't give the kind of effort you need to be a good defender), and Delladova hasn't been able to keep him in check aside from Game 2.

Curry's been making those kind of shots throughout his career. I've seen him make those at Davidson and he's been able to continue to do that in the NBA. That's why he's the best shooter in the game.

Golden State has played good defense all series long. It took Kerr until after game 3 to make adjustments on the offensive end to get his team going.

I'm really hoping this goes to 7 and the Cavs win. It's the only thing that might make the Lebron haters shut up for once.

Golden St played good/ok D the first few games, but have played really good D with more intensity since being down 2-1. That intensity is the main reason why they are winning - and why Cleveland is having a harder time scoring. And Delly did a helluva job on Curry during the 2 games the Cavs won and did a pretty good job on him in game 1. Curry is tough to guard.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he should be finals MVP. No one on the Warriors deserves it. Curry has been inconsistent, Iggy is a 6th man and Thompson hasn't had a good series.
You see, I disagree.

It's not as if LBJ has been nothing but consistent; he had an awful G4 & Curry had an awful G2. As a matter of fact, Forwards generally have higher shooting percentage than Guards, as I'm sure you know, yet Curry, so far in this Finals, has the higher FG% .447 to James .399; higher Effective FG% .553 to James .433 & higher True Shooting FG% .591 to James .484.

You know what they call this RF88?

Volume Shooting!

LBJ has more than 100 attempts in this series than the next Cav player yet there he is 5th in Field Goal percentage, just on his own team! And there's only 9 Cav players with more than 3 minutes in the series. PLUS HE'S A FREAKING FORWARD!!

So hay, if the Cavs do fall in 6 or 7, let's make up an award for the losers like they do for the Pre-Teens in sports.

We can call it the MVS Award. Most Volume Shooter Award! :lol:

We can also hand him a nice plastic trophy while were at it.. :dhd:

No one in basketball history has come close to doing what Lebron has done in this series. It's amazing, and unlike a lot of the Lebron haters, I'm going to sit back, enjoy it and appreciate him for what he is: the greatest player on the planet.
You know, this never bothers me when fans believe & say this. It's the constant stroking LBJ gets from the media that makes me sick. :sick:

Lebron lost Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving during this playoff run. He's single handedly put this bad team on his back and have put up a great fight against the best team in the NBA this year. No one would have criticized Jordan if he had lost a title without Pippen. We shouldn't do the same for Lebron with this finals series or his first finals series against the Spurs when he also had no one worth a damn on that team.
I know, I know, it's not as if we all haven't heard this over and over, again and again from the media. And now the parroting ad nauseam begins with all the LBJ supporters. :L

A players legacy is not remembered by what happened to him regarding injuries & such. When we look at Magic Johnson's Finals legacy we pretty much count his 5 Championships to MJ's 6 right?

Magic is remembered as having a 5-4 record in the Finals, no real account or asterisk on that 1989 Finals losing he and Scott both for pretty much the entire Finals. (A very important back court for those Showtime Lakers)

It is what is it is man, anything more are just excuses!

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the man has taken a lot of shots. It's almost like he doesn't know whether to go Iso now or what??

But what got the Cavs this far was good ball movement and great intensity on defense. Granted his teammates WERE knocking down more shots and now it seems like they go cold for stretches - credit GS defense.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO idea what I wasn't liking or what truths I cannot accept..
:lol:

You rated this post as 'dislike'.

It's going to be tough sledging for the Cav's now the Warriors' have regained the home court advantage.

It's a winner takes all in the best of 3 with two at Golden State.

So I have no idea either but it was a pretty factual post of truths with very little opinion inserted. :nod:

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

You rated this post as 'dislike'.

So I have no idea either but it was pretty factual post of truths with very little opinion inserted. :nod:

:scratch: I have man hands.. That was a mistake I believe.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just went back and there was no like or dislike for that post of yours.. But I "liked it" for you. :10:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just went back and there was no like or dislike for that post of yours.. But I "liked it" for you. :10:
Yeah, after I bitched about it, I deleted it by mistake when I was on my phone at the Dodgers game in San Diego. :L

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks win the cup, so it looks like a Warriors win tonight...
If the parallel stays true shops, not only do the Warriors' win tonight, they win convincingly!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the Humility....

LeBron: 'I feel confident because I'm the best player in the world, it's that simple'
061415_lbjpost.jpg

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the Humility....

LeBron: 'I feel confident because I'm the best player in the world, it's that simple'
061415_lbjpost.jpg

Almost like covering himself just in case they lose... Everyone knows he's the best player in the world. And that's what counts. :L Him needing attention is the part I just hate about Lebron. I wish he'd mature already and stop the bs. I'll give him that they grabbed him right after a loss and sometimes you say things in the moment you might regret, but still..

This why kids need to go to college for a year or 2 before heading to the NBA. Spoiled brat, gimme attention whores.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you regard the advice of Abdul Jabbar, kids should go to college and finish the degree because they come out more mature and because of that, they don't violate and corrupt the integrity of the game. Of course, Kobe may disagree, but Jabbar does have a point and it certainly applies to LeBron.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has Lebron corrupted the integrity of the NBA?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what he was saying is, kids coming out with at least some college experience have more respect because they "put in their time" and essentially earned it.

Jordan was carrying upper classmen gym bags to and from buses for games his freshman year, while being coached by Dean Smith. He was there a few years and learned more in those years than some of these current players will ever learn in a career.

It's better for the game. But it's about money. Lebron the year after his senior year of HS was already labeled the King and was paid millions.

Imo you are too young to handle that kind of money without earning a dam thing/putting in your time.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what he was saying is, kids coming out with at least some college experience have more respect because they "put in their time" and essentially earned it.

Jordan was carrying upper classmen gym bags to and from buses for games his freshman year, while being coached by Dean Smith. He was there a few years and learned more in those years than some of these current players will ever learn in a career.

It's better for the game. But it's about money. Lebron the year after his senior year of HS was already labeled the King and was paid millions.

Imo you are too young to handle that kind of money without earning a dam thing/putting in your time.

I don't see how that has anything to do with corrupting or violating the integrity of the game. You either have respect for the game or you don't. With the rules allowing kids to leave after one year of school, it's not like that's having an impact on the "integrity" of the game. I think a high school kid coming out and having to carry around a professional basketball players bags would have a bigger impact. Learn from the best, not from someone who's just older than you in college.

Lebron hasn't demonstrated anything on the court or off the court that suggests he doesn't have respect for the game. He had an opportunity to come out of high school, be the number 1 pick, provide financial stability for his family and play the game that he loves professionally. How do you turn that down at any age? He clearly made the right decision. He proved that he belonged his rookie year, and since he's been in the league, he's put in his time perfecting his game and developing new aspects to his offensive attack (a post game and he's a very improved 3 point shooter).