• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Vancouver People

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no worries Q its as safe as anywhere... You could even wear your Hawks jersey and be ok :D (maybe some name calling about Kane but you know lol)

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's just a bunch of worthless assholes who want their shit neighborhoods to remain shit neighborhoods for some stupid reason.
Doesn't affect where you would be at all.

no worries Q its as safe as anywhere... You could even wear your Hawks jersey and be ok :D (maybe some name calling about Kane but you know lol)

I don't think you have much to worry about Q, but you probably don't won't to wear your Bolland jersey around town.

Thanks, I figured but better safe than sorry. Also I would never ever ever ever ever ever ever wear a Dave Bolland jersey. I would rather catch the flu. I do have 2 Kane jerserys though haha

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, I figured but better safe than sorry. Also I would never ever ever ever ever ever ever wear a Dave Bolland jersey. I would rather catch the flu. I do have 2 Kane jerserys though haha

lol if you have time let us know and Im sure a few of us in VAncouver could meet for a pint and take you to a dark alley and... wait what..... yes a pint :suds: seriously a pint...

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol if you have time let us know and Im sure a few of us in VAncouver could meet for a pint and take you to a dark alley and... wait what..... yes a pint :suds: seriously a pint...

Haha Yea i'll let you know. :suds: the dark alley sounded cool though.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1 on English Bay. I love that area; lots going on in the summer.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In late July, I need to remember to seek similar advice for Toronto and Southwestern Ontario.

I already know not to wear a Chris Neil jersey.

College visit trip through upstate NY (Cornell and Rochester), across the falls to Toronto U then down towards London to catch the ferry back to Ohio.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In late July, I need to remember to seek similar advice for Toronto and Southwestern Ontario.

College visit trip through upstate NY (Cornell and Rochester), across the falls to Toronto U then down towards London to catch the ferry back to Ohio.

I'd check to see what Rob Ford was up to - the party seems to follow him around

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you have kids (or maybe even if you don't) you might want to check out Canada's Wonderland amusement park. The Toronto Zoo in Scarborough is fantastic; as is the Royal Ontario museum. The Distillery District and nearby St Lawrence Market are also worth a look.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
cool pic. zip-lining on Grouse.

BKphdlnCAAAATbB.png

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think I beat you as I didn't try to spell acetylene :D

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was just a welder's daughter, but she had acetylene cans?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
late but my 2 cents on q's question ... i would avoid the downtown eastside if i were a tourist

No, it's just a bunch of worthless assholes who want their shit neighborhoods to remain shit neighborhoods for some stupid reason.
Doesn't affect where you would be at all.

and on this ... while i cant 100% disagree that the dtes is a shit neighbourhood and ... ok ... you can say Commercial Drive is a shit neighbourhood if you want ... but the fact is that there are people in these neighbourhoods who are longtime residents and want to see change come to their communities ... meanwhile you have these douchebag anarchists/idealists who come from other communities (trust me I was born and raised there) and have decided they need to come in and fight the power for the supposed "less fortunate" and "give them a voice"

the silent majority of long time citizens (not in the dtes) that just want their house values (YES unbelievably there are actual people who actually OWN homes in these areas - lol) to go up and want them to gentrify the shit out of the communities

/i felt kinda offside responding to this thread on sunday from the 15th floor of a condo overlooking lake okanagan lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
continuing on with vancouver ---

what about a stroll around the Gastown and the Steam Clock, though maybe not for everyone

or going up the Vancouver lookout tower at the Harbour Centre building

or a trip to Granville Island

If you head out to Victoria, there is afternoon tea at the Empress Hotel or a trip out to Butchart Gardens

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you visit? did you enjoy? did you hate?