• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Vancouver People

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I tried to start an orgy in the parking lot of the Arbutus Safeway.
No one else joined in. :pout:

Also, I'm going to need some help with bail.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to start an orgy in the parking lot of the Arbutus Safeway.
No one else joined in. :pout:

Also, I'm going to need some help with bail.

Geez, we're only at the beginning of round 2 as well.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BMO was run this weekend and I didnt take part this year. My friend did and he ran the half in 1:35... holy shit.

winner for the half was 1:08 which is mind blowing but the Full marathon was 2:22... 42.2 KM in 2 hours and 22 mins. that is incredible.

Ill be there for next year. but not at those times lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s happened politically in BC over the last year or so is crazy.

- popular left(ish) wing premier resigns to take a position with a coal company.

- New guy does nothing of note.

- Official opposition does worst rebrand in history and slides in the polls.

- Right wing party emerges and is now leading in some polls 5 months before an election after polling in the single digits last year.

- Businesspeople eager to get rid of NDP but afraid of right wingers trying to install a moderate so they’re trying to create a new party overnight led by a guy who used to work for the NDP. Right wing leader has no reason to resign and go along with this (nor do any people who’ve already won a riding nomination). The idea of a former NDPer leading a united right is kinda warped to begin with but here we are.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why we are so strict about locking the door and double and triple checking.

A drug addict showed up at my friend's door at 1 am this morning. He said he had dropped his basketball in the backyard and asked to be let in. She immediately called the cops. He then asked what grade she was in and if she was alone. Fortunately, the cops showed up quickly.

This is an extreme example, as she is in Vancouver, and we do not have this issue in our area. However, there is always something that could happen if we don't lock the doors

1000026024.jpg

1000026023.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why we are so strict about locking the door and double and triple checking.

A drug addict showed up at my friend's door at 1 am this morning. He said he had dropped his basketball in the backyard and asked to be let in. She immediately called the cops. He then asked what grade she was in and if she was alone. Fortunately, the cops showed up quickly.

This is an extreme example, as she is in Vancouver, and we do not have this issue in our area. However, there is always something that could happen if we don't lock the doors

View attachment 362281

View attachment 362282
They need to go back to just arresting them all. Come up with the treatment solution while they’re incarcerated. When the advocacy groups cry ignore them.

This continues down this path it’s only going to get worse.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to go back to just arresting them all. Come up with the treatment solution while they’re incarcerated. When the advocacy groups cry ignore them.

This continues down this path it’s only going to get worse.
I 100% agree and reopen a Riverview style facility.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're building a brand new hospital here in the Cowichan Valley (much needed) and I think it would be a great idea to convert the old hospital into either low income housing or a treatment style facility.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% agree and reopen a Riverview style facility.
They need like five of them at this point. There’s a lot of retroactive aid needed for people who should’ve spent parts of the last three decades in mental hospitals rather than on the streets. Fixing this will take decades.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're building a brand new hospital here in the Cowichan Valley (much needed) and I think it would be a great idea to convert the old hospital into either low income housing or a treatment style facility.
Low income housing at this point just fills up with migrants. Pushes more people back onto the streets.

There’s also nothing worse than building public housing at great expense just to watch its residents almost immediately turn them into shitholes.

We’ve created such a self inflicted disaster aided by all levels of government. It really didn’t have to be this way.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need like five of them at this point. There’s a lot of retroactive aid needed for people who should’ve spent parts of the last three decades in mental hospitals rather than on the streets. Fixing this will take decades.

I know alot of outside people would scoff at this saying its not the solution but speaking from experience with a brother who has incredible mental health issues and is a crack addict living in the downtown eastside I believe after ALL the treatments we put him in, all the "professional" facilities that he got kicked out of in BC and in Alberta where I drove him myself I can tell you that the only way I think we could have saved him was to lock him up in that type of facility where you dont get to leave voluntarily and dont get kicked out.

I just spoke with the girl from last night and she told me she lives in Richmond (I thought Vancouver) which is also alarming considering how far away she lives from transit. this guy was looking to get into someone's home and it was going to go VERY bad.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know alot of outside people would scoff at this saying its not the solution but speaking from experience with a brother who has incredible mental health issues and is a crack addict living in the downtown eastside I believe after ALL the treatments we put him in, all the "professional" facilities that he got kicked out of in BC and in Alberta where I drove him myself I can tell you that the only way I think we could have saved him was to lock him up in that type of facility where you dont get to leave voluntarily and dont get kicked out.

I just spoke with the girl from last night and she told me she lives in Richmond (I thought Vancouver) which is also alarming considering how far away she lives from transit. this guy was looking to get into someone's home and it was going to go VERY bad.
Sucks to hear about your family. Got someone close too who, likewise, I just don't think there's any soft touch saving possible with.

The newer addictions are pretty much untreatable, make people dependent on them desperate and are almost guaranteed death sentences. It seems absurd to be talking about a new war on drugs era when the last one had a lot of issues but legislation equating large-scale fentanyl distribution with murder and sentencing to go along with that would probably do a lot to start limiting its spread. Then an actually effective national policing strategy to deal with gangs. As long as this shit is available it'll keep killing its users.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He popped in about 3 weeks ago or so to say hi, he had been on a family vacation and is also doing some home renos. I think he's just really busy these days.
Thats good. Whew! Last I saw him he was posting about robbing a chain of convenience stores "lacking in security". He was justifying it by saying they were kind of robbing him first by charging him C$22 for a pack of Camels. Pretty solid logic.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3