• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT-Surprising Firing

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad move, he is gonna coach real soon.

Nashville played my hawks hard, but when the GM goes out and signs the guys that played best AGAINST the Preds, like Victor Stahlberg from the hawks, there isnt much you can do as the coach.

Play like you are playing against us?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trotz did a great job with what he had, the Predators have always been a low budget team but he got the most out of all his players. Ruff was in a similar boat and is doing just fine in Dallas.

He is an anomaly, coaches usually don't have more than a 3-5 year shelf life, for him to last 14-15 years is phenomenal. I think he will land on his feet and will be sought after. I'd love to see what this guy can do with a balanced roster instead of having 3rd liners being 1st and 2nd liners.

Curious to see how Weber feels after getting his monster deal, if he still wants to remain a Predator or not.

DOD0083

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's send NSH Richards and Voynov for Weber and call it a day. Make it happen DL.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's send NSH Richards and Voynov for Weber and call it a day. Make it happen DL.

I'd move Voynov but I don't know about Richards. Sure, he's stunk offensively basically since he got here but he scores big goals, provides a certain aura/presence and does everything right on the defensive side of the puck. Moving him for Weber creates a 2C problem again, which the Kings had trouble filling until he came along.

Voynov just finished the first year on his 6 year/$25 million deal, which I think is a steal for the team ($4.2 million cap hit). He will be 29 when this deal expires and a UFA.

Weber just finished year two on the 14 year/$110 million deal he signed in summer 2012 ($7.86 million cap hit), but he is 28 now. When Voynov's deal expires, Weber will be 34 and still have 6 year left on the deal. Not worth it in my opinion unless the CBA rules change where the Kings can buy him out or what not.

If the Kings could get Nashville to retain some salary over the life of the deal, I'd be all over a Voynov-Weber deal with add-ins from LA. Dude is a complete defender and intimidating.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richards is a 62 million 4th line center. I know it's for the Kings and we can sometimes roll all 4 lines, but still.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt very seriously that you'll see Richards centering the 4th line during the playoffs. He was centering Carter and King during the Ducks game Saturday night. I would think he'll be back in that familiar role with Carter and whoever as his wings against the Sharks. Yes he's had an off year offensively but he did end up 4th on the team in points. His -6 +/- rating is a little scary on a team that only had 4 minus players. I don't know. I wouldn't want to trade him and Voynov for Weber. Weber would be a nice addition for whichever veteran defenseman leaves over the summer though. I just think he might cost a little too much in assets.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weber would be a nice addition for whichever veteran defenseman leaves over the summer though. I just think he might cost a little too much in assets.

Ox

I'd love to see Weber in LA, but as you said it'll cost too much. Can you imagine that cannon on the Kings' blue line though? Would be very Rob Blake, I can't recall a defender with a shot like that after Blake left (J-Blow was a real close second....not haha) and a shot in itself is a massive weapon.

Greene will most likely be gone, and I''m thinking Mitchell will be too, which will free up around $6.5 million (I think, not sure exactly) but I expect McNabb to replace Mitchell since he is a LH shot, and losing Greene means a RH SAH defender will be necessary.

Girardi would have fit the profile perfectly - age, ability, and I think the Kings would have paid him what he received from NY - but that is gone, and looking at the UFA market there isn't much in the RH SAH type.

Weber would be awesome but definitely too expensive. If Nashville goes into rebuild mode I could see a deal involving Voynov + high draft pick or prospect(s) for Weber since the Kings would be assuming a huge contract, but that's the catch - he is signed for forever and will be pretty much useless after 35.