• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Devils sign Jagr

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Jagr has no interest in winning. He signed with Dallas last season and now signs with NJ, neither are cup contenders.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a bonus contract of $2 million base, $2 million if he plays in 45+ games for a total of $4 million. The bonus cushion is back in effect and can be carried over into next season when the cap goes up. I wouldn't be surprised to see this with the older players as this CBA goes along.

Just a reminder, incentive contracts are only eligible to guys signing their ELCs, players 35+ with over 400 games NHL experience and guys coming off LTIR where they missed over 100 days the previous season to injury. None of the Kings qualify for these types of contracts...so don't say it's an option, leave that fluff to Teh Gay.

=)~~

They needed some more offense after losing Kovalchuk, and now with Clowe and Ryder they might have made it up. Big risk though, Jagr didn't score squat in the playoffs and I believe Clowe went something like 30 games between SJ and NYR not scoring a goal, and Ryder is more inconsistent than Frolov ever was as a King.

Don't know if it's going to work but that's their choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Jagr has no interest in winning. He signed with Dallas last season and now signs with NJ, neither are cup contenders.

I totally disagree, at his age there is no problem signing on with a team proving you still "have it" and wait to get traded for a run. He seemed to have some fun, why not make some more money? If I was a pro hockey player I would play until not one team wanted to give me a contract and even then I would hold off retirement just in case.