• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop part III

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of my mother's friends sent her a text telling her to look for them on TV at the Pirates Orioles game this weekend. They told her what they would be wearing. Me being me, I wanted to make fun, but their plan is to see two games in Pittsburgh then travel a bit more west to better see the eclipse. Mid eye roll I realized they are probably in their 80s and thought that was pretty cool. I kind of want to do that now....minus the matching outfits
If you want, I can loan you a set of the clothing I intend to wear tomorrow (Chaps and a viking helmet). I have extras. I am wearing the formal ones, but the others are close enough.

I have earned myself a spot in the doghouse. SIL is listing all the songs on her eclipse playlist and the mommy brigade is all in the comments with their suggestions. I put a link to "Overkill" by Men at Work. Most didn't get it. But the SIL did and she got pissed. And to make the situation worse, Mrs 43's sister laugh reacted to it.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want, I can loan you a set of the clothing I intend to wear tomorrow (Chaps and a viking helmet). I have extras. I am wearing the formal ones, but the others are close enough.

I have earned myself a spot in the doghouse. SIL is listing all the songs on her eclipse playlist and the mommy brigade is all in the comments with their suggestions. I put a link to "Overkill" by Men at Work. Most didn't get it. But the SIL did and she got pissed. And to make the situation worse, Mrs 43's sister laugh reacted to it.
Yeah i feel like I'm missing something.

Local schools issuing statements saying they are not closing and issued travel cautions. Arkansas declaring a state of emergency.....

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i feel like I'm missing something.

Local schools issuing statements saying they are not closing and issued travel cautions. Arkansas declaring a state of emergency.....
We had a partial eclipse in 2017 and it was pretty fascinating, so I am pretty geeked about seeing a full eclipse. But I have always loved astronomy. I am hoping it's clear enough to see the comet that is out there too.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

You should suggest they all wear matching cloud outfits, as they won't be able to see shit.

/cloud a appear and fade away,
come back another day (solo)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the coolest things I have ever seen with my own eyes.

Was kind of weird, with the way all the colors went wonky and then while it was total darkness, the birds went nuts and a bunch of bats came out. The park we were at has a dog park so a lot of people that were there alongside us had their pups and not one of the dogs seemed to notice or be stressed out by it.

Inlaws had cloud cover.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was pretty cool here. A bit cloudy but I could see it at times. We had an 87% coverage here, I was surprise how light it was during the peak.

I wonder what the earth looked like to the people on the moon......

Loco2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People in Texas... amazing!!
People in Arkansas... woah!!
People in Ohio... so cool!!

Poor Buffalo...

bus-blocks-georgia-dome-explosion.gif

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watched the eclipse without special glasses. no effects. not sure what everyone is so worried about

1712615300648.png

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best shot I got before Biden shut off my phone's touchscreen:

It got to about 95% and my phone screen stopped working. It wouldn't accept any touch input at all, which I required to restart it. I had my sky map up so I could figure out which direction to search for the comet and that app crashed and locked my phone up.

Attachments

• almost.jpg
    almost.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The couple in the photos are not together anymore because the man, Andre Rebelo, killed his mother in their home. She now has a new relationship.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At a doc appointment for my knee in January, I had them put me on the schedule for surgery. I specifically asked for as soon as possible after April 8th. I knew we would be traveling somewhere for the eclipse and didn't want to add the burden of me hobbling around on crutches or risk being stuck in a car for hours with a leg that didn't bend. So they looked up the dates, settled on tomorrow, April 10. At that point there was no one else on the schedule. They start at 7 am.

Today, they called me and let me know I have to arrive at 1:45 for surgery at 2:45. How on earth did I get that far down the list? It's really gonna suck because I can't eat or drink anything after midnight tonight. I am going to be very cranky and potentially pass out before they start cutting.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At a doc appointment for my knee in January, I had them put me on the schedule for surgery. I specifically asked for as soon as possible after April 8th. I knew we would be traveling somewhere for the eclipse and didn't want to add the burden of me hobbling around on crutches or risk being stuck in a car for hours with a leg that didn't bend. So they looked up the dates, settled on tomorrow, April 10. At that point there was no one else on the schedule. They start at 7 am.

Today, they called me and let me know I have to arrive at 1:45 for surgery at 2:45. How on earth did I get that far down the list? It's really gonna suck because I can't eat or drink anything after midnight tonight. I am going to be very cranky and potentially pass out before they start cutting.

Good luck my friend and hope the surgery turns out well.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck 43

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good luck 43. all the best.