• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: O's head to Pittsburgh- GM 1- Gonzalez vs Liriano

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now theyll go back to 2 runs tomorrow.:L

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No i was a freshman during Garys first year but i had no NCAA tournaments thats for sure. I remember walking through Cole when the sanctions came down and seeing all the news media. Seeing ACC hoops was fun nonetheless. And i do remember Proctor on hts and Miller on BALtv.

My bad. Actually, I meant to say you were there during the years MD suffered sanctions because of the idiotic Bob Wade. I was in the service, stationed in South Korea, from 1989-1990 and missed out on a lot of news and only got caught up when I got back to the states in late 1990.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. Actually, I meant to say you were there during the years MD suffered sanctions because of the idiotic Bob Wade. I was in the service, stationed in South Korea, from 1989-1990 and missed out on a lot of news and only got caught up when I got back to the states in late 1990.

Oh no I wasn't trying to correct you at all, and the Wade/Bias mess led to the sanctions when I was there right after. No doubt it was idiotic and Wade should've stuck to HS coaching. Williams did a great job rebuilding things. I also remember every night on the news was the Rayful Edmund thing which was kind of surreal..Marion Barry too.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no I wasn't trying to correct you at all, and the Wade/Bias mess led to the sanctions when I was there right after. No doubt it was idiotic and Wade should've stuck to HS coaching. Williams did a great job rebuilding things. I also remember every night on the news was the Rayful Edmund thing which was kind of surreal..Marion Barry too.

Fortunately for me, I missed a lot of MD sports news, from 1987-90. I shipped out 3 weeks after I graduated high school in '87. After Basic Training and AIT, I ended up stationed at Fort Hood, TX and lost interest in the shambles that MD sports had become after Bias died. It was a bad period. You endured some bad years, man, lol!

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember that too. :L

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be glad you missed it.lol Fun school nonetheless, and got to see a few games at Memorial Stadium before it closed.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thanks for your service!:clap:

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVa's a really nice school, they wouldve laughed my application out the window.:whistle:

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thanks for your service!:clap:

Thank you. I appreciate that. Nice to see you have some connection to Terp nation. I didn't go there, but I'm a lifelong fan by osmosis:suds:.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! I remember that year. Last series of the season vs the Blue Jays was the deciding factor. Wasn't there a pitcher on that O's squad who was living in a trailer park before that season who had a magical ride? He didn't play :L:L:L (if any) beyond that season.. but I remember a lot was made of his success.

And I think WBAL was the station I listened to as well. Rings a bell.

Ben McDonald?:laugh3: I couldn't even name any others really. Mlicki, Dave Johnson(Steve's dad), Harnisch, Gregg Olson

dave1978

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben McDonald?:laugh3: I couldn't even name any others really. Mlicki, Dave Johnson(Steve's dad), Harnisch, Gregg Olson

Yeah, I believe it was Larry Sheets who struck out to end the decisive game. What a pisser....