• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Opinions you have about your favorite team that would get you roasted by the fan base

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about amazing, but he wasn't a bad coach at all.

Here's another one:

Sashi was right all along and his plan is playing out beautifully.
I wouldn't necessarily say he was "right". That said, what he did set us up beautifully to replace him with an aggressive, experienced GM with years of successful talent evaluating and drafting. So in a way, he was a necessary evil.

Sexual Chocolate

That Boy Good
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Cutler can throw the ball hard

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to see results on the field

I wouldn't necessarily say he was "right". That said, what he did set us up beautifully to replace him with an aggressive, experienced GM with years of successful talent evaluating and drafting. So in a way, he was a necessary evil.

They tanked in the same way the Celtics and 76ers tanked in basketball and the Astros and Cubs tanked in baseball. The Browns prior to Sashi and Depodesta were stuck in the NFL nether regions: bad team with no real championship hopes and an expensive roster.

The only way to turn that around is to completely purge & acquire as many draft picks as you possibly can. In order for it to work right, the team also has to absolutely tank for a few years in order to not only have many picks but many high value picks.

At the end of the day, the plan is working exactly as intended: team is now loaded with young, cheap, high quality talent. The best part of the plan is that you can miss on a number of high picks bue because you have so many, some are sure to turn out. When you've acquired enough young talent, you can supplement with more expensive free agents. Year 3 might be a big turnaround year, or it might take till year 4.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's telling the Browns kept much of Sashi's staff, but replaced Sashi himself.

Sashi understands the macro-level with exquisite detail, but Dorsey can make the sausage so to speak and let the more hardcore analytics guys help inform his judgement some. I am not really convinced Sashi could draw up a Cover 2 Defense.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's telling the Browns kept much of Sashi's staff, but replaced Sashi himself.

Sashi understands the macro-level with exquisite detail, but Dorsey can make the sausage so to speak and let the more hardcore analytics guys help inform his judgement some. I am not really convinced Sashi could draw up a Cover 2 Defense.

I'm not convinced Sashi would have made the free agent acquisitions Dorsey was able to make. I think Dorsey and Depodesta will work well together.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one hurts to write...Would be better for the team going forward if Witten didn't play so many snaps. Just not that good any more receiving or blocking...:sad2:

well...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat me to it... Guess I'll reiterate...

Mike Tomlin is an overrated coach.

but he's
th

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culpepper should have been traded when Moss got shipped to Oakland in 2005. Culpepper didn't have nearly enough of a track record of success sans Moss up to that point, which showed in 2005 prior to his knee injury. Trading Moss while keeping Culpepper made no sense, as they were trading half of the equation of their success on offense with full knowledge that Culpepper relied heavily on Moss taking the top off the defenses.

So say they traded Moss to Oakland for the exact same deal getting them 7th overall. They could have traded Daunte coming off his 2004 career year to either Miami for #2 or Cleveland for #3 in the draft plus extra picks, including probably the 2006 1st rounders from either. Then they could have taken Aaron Rodgers with said pick and loaded up on young talent with the extra picks. Instead, we took Troy "Alligator Arms" Willamson and got a 2nd rounder for Culpepper from Miami in 2006.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- I would've traded Mariota for a pick to land Darnold this year.

- Rex Ryan would've been the best fit for DC (although getting the Baltimore guy, who has given NE fits, is a solid choice)

- Taking Davis at 5 last year was a reach, talent wise.