• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your forum mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I don't think you know whom you're conversing with, let me introduce you - this is Darrel Green Fan one of the biggest SJWs on these threads, you sneeze the wrong way and he gets triggered. The best is when he admonishes you on your actions....that ish is PURE gold! :thumb:

I wonder who said this about you? Doesn’t seem like you are an ambassador on the forum either !
I wonder how many people did you run off ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of get amused by some people and how receptive they are to different POV ‘s .

There is a segment that allows the POV and debates on facts with some emotion

. There are others who wish to silence the opposing view rather then win in the arena of ideas.and think using nothing but emotion

you can always tell that when it happens because of how they say things . “ I am glad you didn’t delete my post “ as if the implication is my first default is to silence one’s opinion .

the next thing that gives it away is one side will argue their position to the end of time ( I.E. fall on their sword ) but can’t or won’t understand that the other person can and will do the same if the feel strongly about a matter .

another way is the insulting technique. Just insult your opponent rather then address facts

the next thing is “ your position as moderator precludes you from engaging in debates“. As if my only role is to call balls and strikes and baby sit . Again another back door attempt to silence opinion .

the last thing is the old “ your POV , style and nature cause people to move on “ again this is a back door way of saying you can’t express , debate or argue your POV because great posters are so offended that you will stand up for your view point that they can’t stand it . So you must change your ways but not the other poster just you because I see things differently.

people who leave the board “because of me solely “ are grown adults . If they don’t want to debate , fine , but insisting everyone holds their POV or I am leaving like a petulant child is on them . It’s bullying. Plain and simple . If they don’t understand that this is a message board frequented by people of all walks of life with different experiences are simply being naive and are naive to think someone will lie down on their ass because you can’t change another’s mind and you think they should because of your own personal arrogance .
free exchange of ideas is what this board is about . If you come here and don’t understand that then that’s your problem not the boards problem

this isn’t an echo chamber here and anyone using the above tactics is showing that their argument is a losing one . The argument not the position taken .
so in the future if you want to use these bullying tactics in the i can deal with it

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief. I step away for most of the night and this goes off. *sigh*

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what happens when you’re one of the most active boards on the hoop. Amirite @skinsdad62 ? :)

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well DGF I am not in the recruiting posters business . I am not going to the DMV to hawk posters , that is just foolish debate .

who cares who left and why ? Other then you ? Hell even you can’t stay off the board . Again your debates on this subject are lame . You have been Butt hurt since I wouldn’t bow down to an easily seen set up on politics .

if they left because of me then so be it , new posters take their place, always happens . How many times I post here is of no consequence because I would be talking to myself which I am not . Over 3/4 ‘s of all team boards are dead with months , some cases even years of no traffic even good teams.

so saying you think the board would die in a economy of words is exactly the truth . Is that verbatim what you say ? No but it certainly is implied .

The only reason I posted here is because you called me out by name. You started this one. Yes I do stop by to take a look from time to time as I remain active on other boards here, especially a thread with this title, and will post here whenever I feel like it. I've been very clear about that.

"If they left because of me so be it, new posters take their place" only shows your ignorance. No Dad there are very few new posters to replace those you have chased away. If there were you would have provided some names to shut me up. But you didn't because you can't. If you don't care that members are leaving because of you and not being replaced, yeah that's a problem that you are unable to admit.

You constantly harp on how this is the busiest team board on SH. I mean constantly. Yet you can't understand that you alone are responsible for much of the content. Being the busiest team board here is no badge of honor when, as you said yourself, most team boards have no activity at all. Yet you trot it out every time we have this debate as if it's meaningful. It's not. Nobody cares about that but you as you like to say.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I don't think you know whom you're conversing with, let me introduce you - this is Darrel Green Fan one of the biggest SJWs on these threads, you sneeze the wrong way and he gets triggered. The best is when he admonishes you on your actions....that ish is PURE gold! :thumb:

I wonder who said this about you? Doesn’t seem like you are an ambassador on the forum either !
I wonder how many people did you run off ?

I had to look up SJW to be honest with you. I ain't no social justice and I'm not getting into politics with you. While I did mix it up with other posters here, like most everyone else, the only poster I have a problem with is you. And I'm hardly alone.

How many told you that I was the reason people left the board? Because I've got a list of people who said they left because of you specifically.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can’t believe some of the childish responses on here. If you don’t like what someone posts, move on to the next thread. Even if you’re called out by name, as I have been on occasion, I just ignore them. There is no “manhood” defense on an Internet forum. Hell, no one even knows who the fuck you are, so what are you defending? I make a point, and if someone disagrees, I’ll respond only to clarify. I find ignoring childish responses not only satisfying, but usually effective. Some of you might try it.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can’t believe some of the childish responses on here. If you don’t like what someone posts, move on to the next thread. Even if you’re called out by name, as I have been on occasion, I just ignore them. There is no “manhood” defense on an Internet forum. Hell, no one even knows who the fuck you are, so what are you defending? I make a point, and if someone disagrees, I’ll respond only to clarify. I find ignoring childish responses not only satisfying, but usually effective. Some of you might try it.
You bring up a great point and I should have let it go in all honesty. I had no clue my post on the Cowboys board would cause this type of thread.
I haven't been called that term since High School...LOL...and I was taken back. It's highly insulting but I should have let it go. I also don't like bullies and never have. That triggered me as well. I should have let it go like you said.

Apparently, I am not the one who doesn't appreciate intimidation as the thread clearly didn't go the way it was originally intended.

Moral of the story...I should have ignored it. I am going back on break. Those who want to reach me...feel free to do so.

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bring up a great point and I should have let it go in all honesty. I had no clue my post on the Cowboys board would cause this type of thread.
I haven't been called that term since High School...LOL...and I was taken back. It's highly insulting but I should have let it go. I also don't like bullies and never have. That triggered me as well. I should have let it go like you said.

Apparently, I am not the one who doesn't appreciate intimidation as the thread clearly didn't go the way it was originally intended.

Moral of the story...I should have ignored it. I am going back on break. Those who want to reach me...feel free to do so.

I think he was talking about me too. Sorry if a poster uses my name and flat out lies I'm going to respond and I really don't care what he things about that. But I also agree this shit is getting too much, which is exactly why I don't post here often anymore.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was talking about me too. Sorry if a poster uses my name and flat out lies I'm going to respond and I really don't care what he things about that. But I also agree this shit is getting too much, which is exactly why I don't post here often anymore.
Well, you are more emotionally mature than me...lol

I am still puzzled how this all went down...lol

I think the fact that I posted on the cowboys forum was irritating to the OP and it went from there. What I said in the post was true and it specifically targeted Dean. I enjoy the cowboys forum and consider PDay a good friend on these boards. I was venting to him and have that right to do so.
I don't care if that offends anyone. It's absurd to follow another poster and literally copy and paste a full post trying to be the People's Champ. Then cap it off with a sophomoric insult.

Nobody here was offended nor did they care. They only one who supported it was Dean himself. Everyone else saw the poor attempt at bullying and moved on.

I should have let it go. The personal attacks and insults are over the top so that is one reason I am back on break. I don't support Rivera either so that is another reason. Glad to see that humor took over the thread thanks to my buddy chiller. Chiller and PDay are some of the most naturally gifted humorous posters in the Hoop. Proud to call them friends.

Funny how when a thread turns to humor, it unites everyone. I would rather laugh than do anything else. Humor trumps wannabe sports analysts who try to pretend they know what they are talking about...but don't. I am guilty as well..lol

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to look up SJW to be honest with you. I ain't no social justice and I'm not getting into politics with you. While I did mix it up with other posters here, like most everyone else, the only poster I have a problem with is you. And I'm hardly alone.

How many told you that I was the reason people left the board? Because I've got a list of people who said they left because of you specifically.

Preach, brotha! Preach!!!

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you are more emotionally mature than me...lol

I am still puzzled how this all went down...lol

I think the fact that I posted on the cowboys forum was irritating to the OP and it went from there. What I said in the post was true and it specifically targeted Dean. I enjoy the cowboys forum and consider PDay a good friend on these boards. I was venting to him and have that right to do so.
I don't care if that offends anyone. It's absurd to follow another poster and literally copy and paste a full post trying to be the People's Champ. Then cap it off with a sophomoric insult.

Nobody here was offended nor did they care. They only one who supported it was Dean himself. Everyone else saw the poor attempt at bullying and moved on.

I should have let it go. The personal attacks and insults are over the top so that is one reason I am back on break. I don't support Rivera either so that is another reason. Glad to see that humor took over the thread thanks to my buddy chiller. Chiller and PDay are some of the most naturally gifted humorous posters in the Hoop. Proud to call them friends.

Funny how when a thread turns to humor, it unites everyone. I would rather laugh than do anything else. Humor trumps wannabe sports analysts who try to pretend they know what they are talking about...but don't. I am guilty as well..lol

Humor is also disarming to closeminded bullies, although there are definitely none of those on this thread. Definitely not.

But if there were…….

Like I said: a bad look for the OP. I’d hope they’d learn their lesson but I’m not counting on it.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humor is also disarming to closeminded bullies, although there are definitely none of those on this thread. Definitely not.

But if there were…….

Like I said: a bad look for the OP. I’d hope they’d learn their lesson but I’m not counting on it.
Words of Wisdom: by Chiller

A new york best seller! Order today!!!!

On sale for $19.95. Operators are standing by.

I thought for a second I would get an apology but I am not holding my breath. This whole thread is a joke and goes against the point of these boards: posters have right to post where they want without fear of reprisal or intimidation. Nobody should have to look over their shoulder because their posts are being policed.

Who cares what I or anyone else says? If I go to the New York Mets board and claim aliens have landed...who cares? Attempting to rally the people based off what someone else says on another board irresponsible. I paid the board a massive compliment but was still attacked for no reason. Hopefully, some good comes of this and it doesn't happen to anyone else. Fingers crossed...I have heard nothing else at this point.

Hopefully, we forget about it altogether.
Feel free to delete skinsdad. Not sure if you need my permission or Sportster but I vote to delete and let's call it water under the bridge. I vote we move forward. I believe i have a say so because I was purposely targeted and called a vulgar name. Your call my friend.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am jealous that you have enough active posters to have disagreements like this. Hell, you guys have had several posters leave and yours is still one of the most active/busy forums on the hoop. Shit, the Niner forum has about 3 total posters...Smh

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to see how Dallas fans felt about yesterdays game, look at your forum mate: duke1861

I am not going back until Rivera is gone and the know it all and PollyAnnas calm down.

"Deans influence has done a number on several posters who bought in to his non sense. It was laughable to read at times. Dean hypes up the team in the offseason and refuses to listen to reason. He gains converts sadly enough. He told me Wylie was the answer at RT because he had a great super bowl. Wylie regular season stats said otherwise. Dean rubber stamps every free agent, coach, and draft pick. It's embarrassing at this point. It's been like that for years.

I said from day 1 that the OLine was crap but was told to shut up because it was addressed and that Sam howell was a possible franchise qb with Bienemy. The board is bipolar in that when the team wins, they are going to win 12 games and when they lose, they are the worst in the NFL. You saw it yesterday.

After gripping about the bills game, the subject changed to mocking the cowboys. Again, nothing changes ever. Another topic I disagree with the posters on. Most of the folks there are good people who are wise. The few bad apples make it tough."

Much of what he insinuates is not true .... not to mention calling you names.

I always knew this guy was a pussy.
i think snyder hired eb in the thinking he would replace rr in the short term if he foundered as coach.i don,t see harris replacing him till after the seasoni,m sorry to say.rr is a joke as coach.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bI am jealous that you have enough active posters to have disagreements like this. Hell, you guys have had several posters leave and yours is still one of the most active/busy forums on the hoop. Shit, the Niner forum has about 3 total posters...Smh

Yeah the team boards here are a joke. I went to the Eagles board to say hi to a few old friends and it's deserted. This board is more active and Dad is the reason for that, so I give him props for keeping it going. But bragging about it here when there is little competition while ignoring the obvious issues with this board is just not a valid argument IMO. But as I have said I also have to give Dad props for not banning me as God knows most mods would have by now

I also agree this thread was a total fail, posters have every right to post what and where they chose provided they don't violate the laws of the board.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think snyder hired eb in the thinking he would replace rr in the short term if he foundered as coach.i don,t see harris replacing him till after the seasoni,m sorry to say.rr is a joke as coach.
I can't figure RR's rationale for many things. A part of me thinks he knew the sale was going to happen and he was trying to save his job. He went through a change in owners in Carolina.

I think his two greatest faults in Washington has been tearing the line down and never finding a QB.

I said when they let Cousins walk that it would be hard to replace him. Looking back four years Tua or Herbert would have been a better pick then Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.