• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing I will add is that while I acknowledge that the Flames handled the Dillon Dube mental health leave of absence poorly, some of the reactions I am seeing (mainly on social media) are way over the top. I get it, people are out for their pound of flesh and want to see justice served, but the focus should be on the players implicated and most importantly on the victim.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing I will add is that while I acknowledge that the Flames handled the Dillon Dube mental health leave of absence poorly, some of the reactions I am seeing (mainly on social media) are way over the top. I get it, people are out for their pound of flesh and want to see justice served, but the focus should be on the players implicated and most importantly on the victim.
All things considered pulling that particular gaffe is extremely mild compared to the Flyers who apparently tried for a year to make Carter Hart someone else's problem.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention we still have a justice system predicated upon the concept that you are innocent until proven guilty. I suspect that these guys were fuckwads and are being rightfully charged, but none of us know just what happened that night.

They'll get their day(s) in court and then we'll likely know more but right now people don't know anything. I just hope the process can play out fairly with as little residual trauma to the victim as possible.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the status quo was any player rumored to be involved in anything untoward should be expelled permanently from the league, their team (s) heavily penalized, their entire front office staffs - offspring - pets labeled pieces of shit, and the rest of the teams in the league and their fanbases should be praised and fellated by the press? Did something change?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I thought the status quo was any player rumored to be involved in anything untoward should be expelled permanently from the league, their team (s) heavily penalized, their entire front office staffs - offspring - pets labeled pieces of shit, and the rest of the teams in the league and their fanbases should be praised and fellated by the press? Did something change?
You forgot salary cap penalty to the Canucks.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like the Flyers knew, though. Sens too.

All things considered pulling that particular gaffe is extremely mild compared to the Flyers who apparently tried for a year to make Carter Hart someone else's problem.
While no one in the league may know what happened the night of the assault, I find it hard to believe that behind the scenes ... teams, players, agents and personnel around the entire league havent known since this story broke way back when what players were more closely involved. Flyers used their 3rd and 4th round pick on goalies in the June draft :noidea: They may have been trying to move Hart but the teams looking at him had to know this was coming.

/ my bad ... it was the flyers 2nd and 3rd round picks used on goalies

Last edited:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot salary cap penalty to the Canucks.

Draft picks too, I was thinking

I was just informed by the NHL that I am now a Edmonton Oilers fan due to the penalty imposed on the Canucks.

I would rather they take my balls..

(they can find them in my wifes purse)

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1706751727906.png
I hate this league.

cant warch LAK-NSH on TNT. This is the message.

Am I in Nashville? No. Am I in Los Angeles? No

I am on Maui.

But can’t watch the game

Pathetic.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 353047
I hate this league.

I am on Maui.

But can’t watch the game

Pathetic.

The only ice you should be concerned with is at the bottom of your glass :D

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 353047
I hate this league.

I am on Maui.

But can’t watch the game

Pathetic.
Speaking of how is it on the Island? Haven’t heard much progress recently with Lahaina?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty crazy that a couple of years ago the Flames had Gaudreau, Tkachuk and Lindholm and I was thinking this is looking good. Now all three guys are on different teams.

giphy.gif

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty crazy that a couple of years ago the Flames had Gaudreau, Tkachuk and Lindholm and I was thinking this is looking good. Now all three guys are on different teams.

giphy.gif

#someoneelsesguys

/
Flames cant work the image editor … or they should have gone with #notourguy … that jersey is a beauty though lol

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of how is it on the Island? Haven’t heard much progress recently with Lahaina?

Short answer, no.

The area that burned is blocked off and they are just beginning the process of debris removal. When you look past the barriers, it’s exactly the same as the pics after the fire. The rest of the island is fine, but Lahaina will take at least a decade to come back. The logistics are difficult of course and there is still a lot of disagreement on next steps.

Lots that could be said on the societal fron but this is a hockey forum so I will leave it at that