• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Old School Fantasy Legends League

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF if you’re around, I’ll drop Cameron Brate.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three picks left. Fuzzy and Stomp are fine to pick without dropping and Monkey will need to drop if he wants to draft somebody else.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold picked up our Fulgham... we didn’t really want to cut him loose, since he has the skills and on-field toughness, but opportunity and work ethic are questions. Very good kinda cuff for Devonta though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold picked up our Fulgham... we didn’t really want to cut him loose, since he has the skills and on-field toughness, but opportunity and work ethic are questions. Very good kinda cuff for Devonta though.
Going to hard when the time comes to cut down, but while opportunity is questionable I think his is better then some of the rookies I picked up.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to hard when the time comes to cut down, but while opportunity is questionable I think his is better then some of the rookies I picked up.
Yup.....gonna suck to drop some of these guise. I mean, yeah, we have every Texans and Titans RB but which to keep?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never ends up being quite as hard as you fear. Between the second wave of free agency, teams cutting down to 53, preseason injuries..it'll be easier as things sort themselves out. Maybe one or two tough decisions. If it's more than that, you've likely got some good trade bait.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add a possible discussion to the summer blues of fantasy...

I propose for 2022
a) INT and PD (pass defensed) points increase, from 3 to 6, and 0.5 to 1 respectively.
b) one more IDP slot (or two)
c) both a and b

Give those DB’s a fighting chance with the LB domination of our IDP.

I figured two years in, those not as familiar with IDP have a better grasp, so maybe deepening the roster spots (not bench), is something to talk about?

I see four DB’s in the top 30 last year, 12 in the top 60. With the above changes, a guy like Xavier Howard’s season (10 picks, 20 deflections) would have added 40 points to his sub 100 score (50 tackles, I get it, but not much reward for such a good peripheral season...and pretty much waiver fodder).

Sacks are 4. INT’s are more rare, so if not 6, how about at least 4?

Nothing major here, not like I’m losing sleep over it. Thought I’d throw it out there though, see what y’all thought.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I propose for 2022
a) INT and PD (pass defensed) points increase, from 3 to 6, and 0.5 to 1 respectively.
c) both a and b

I figured two years in, those not as familiar with IDP have a better grasp, so maybe deepening the roster spots (not bench), is something to talk about?

I see four DB’s in the top 30 last year, 12 in the top 60. With the above changes, a guy like Xavier Howard’s season (10 picks, 20 deflections) would have added 40 points to his sub 100 score (50 tackles, I get it, but not much reward for such a good peripheral season...and pretty much waiver fodder).

Nothing major here, not like I’m losing sleep over it. Thought I’d throw it out there though, see what y’all thought.

One more thing...
Starting DL is boom or bust. I enjoy playing the projection game (sack artist vs bad O line).
DB is bust or mediocre. No real shot at boom. (Even vs Nate Peterman!)

:2cents:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I propose for 2022
c) both a and b

Before any real discussion of anything...I'll caution that teams have been built for 2 seasons now geared towards the current rules...so something drastic like adding a starting spot to IDP's (greatly enhancing their value overall) or doubling INT's (infinitely increasing the value of DB's, especially safeties, and thus decreasing the value of LB's as there would be significantly more starting options) would actually be somewhat drastic.

It's actually about the same as adding a 3rd down back weekly starting position. Or doubling the points per reception of a RB...both of which, I think we'd all agree, would drastically affect the way we value our current teams' makeups.

As an example,, the doubling of the INT's-Basically, we'd be rewarding team owners who neglected IDP's the past two years and were getting by with streaming random safeties or whatever, and, in effect, penalizing teams who invested in the IDP's as the better ones would be watered down.

Just making sure the big picture is in mind when thinking of tweaks. With it not being a redraft, even what appears to be a slight tweak, can have massive implications.

To piggy back a real life example- should the INT's value increase happen...I'll be extremely upset I traded Henry based in no small part to the value of Devin White, and I certainly would not have traded up and selected Parsons in the third. Just that one small tweak..a big trade and a mid round draft pick+ a trade, I would've done entirely different.

Last edited: