• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio State fans -- what to do about Schiano/PSU

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradly IS still coaching and his ass should be fired as well. I stopped paying attention to most of this Penn State stuff a while ago because it was most of the same -- but I didn't quite realize how MANY people knew about it. It's just gross and wrong that they're allowed to coach in football still.
So where's your thread about Bradley? He was the Schiano's superior and Schiano came to him and told him what he might have seen (supposedly). Why didn't you start the thread about Bradley, the 10-year coaching vet as opposed to starting it about Schiano, the fresh out of college GA who supposedly tried to report what he saw? Why are you blaming this all on Schiano and not Bradley, where the blame should absolutely go if any of this is true?

Oh yeah, you're a sad OSU troll. That's right.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's sad to convict people with absolutely no evidence. Please note: Deposition testimony is not evidence.
I'm not convicting him of anything, I'm not suggesting we throw him in jail. I'm suggesting that there's enough evidence for him (along with almost any other Penn State coach during that era) to be removed from football. The evidence needed to fire you is FAR less than what's needed to throw you in prison. We have a guy who's gone on record, in court, with a very specific story about Schiano knowing about the abuse, with no reason to lie. That's enough for me to say he shouldn't' be coaching in football.

For instance, Gibbons was kicked off our football team for being accused of r*pe. The school changed it's entire sexual abuse policy to now basically state that they just need a reasonable belief that what the accuser is saying is true and they can kick you out, even if the court system doesn't have enough evidence to prosecute you. I'm saying the same standard should be used here.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing. Urban did a thorough interview with Schiano about all of these things prior to getting hired as the DC at The Ohio State. Schiano rarely ever crossed paths with McQuery so to even bring Schiano into this, makes it questionable about his deposition. I understand that Meyer and Schiano are very close friends, but imo I think Meyer doesn't risk hiring Schiano if there any concerns of his past come up? Nothing is going to come out of this. It's squashed. Move on and put this horrifying event in the past.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where's your thread about Bradley? He was the Schiano's superior and Schiano came to him and told him what he might have seen (supposedly). Why didn't you start the thread about Bradley, the 10-year coaching vet as opposed to starting it about Schiano, the fresh out of college GA who supposedly tried to report what he saw? Why are you blaming this all on Schiano and not Bradley, where the blame should absolutely go if any of this is true?

Oh yeah, you're a sad OSU troll. That's right.
Do you really want me to create a thread about every staff member that should be fired? Or can I simply state in this one that he should be? Yes, I hate Ohio State and will most certainly be more inclined to post about topics that relate to Ohio State but IMO this particular subject should go beyond football.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing. Urban did a thorough interview with Schiano about all of these things prior to getting hired as the DC at The Ohio State. Schiano rarely ever crossed paths with McQuery so to even bring Schiano into this, makes it questionable about his deposition. I understand that Meyer and Schiano are very close friends, but imo I think Meyer doesn't risk hiring Schiano if there any concerns of his past come up? Nothing is going to come out of this. It's squashed. Move on and put this horrifying event in the past.
I just don't know how Meyer would be able to determine anything. Even if he asked him, if Schiano held the same line he's been holding -- that he didn't know anything -- Urban didn't have any additional information that would have helped him make a more informed decision about the truth of the matter. He didn't have access to sealed court records, now unsealed.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradly IS still coaching and his ass should be fired as well. I stopped paying attention to most of this Penn State stuff a while ago because it was most of the same -- but I didn't quite realize how MANY people knew about it. It's just gross and wrong that they're allowed to coach in football still.

Conclusion: all the same stuff, whatevs. Wait, an Ohio State coach may have knew?!?!? Outraged!!!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conclusion: all the same stuff, whatevs. Wait, an Ohio State coach may have knew?!?!? Outraged!!!
No, I was equally as outraged by Paterno. This new just came out about your coach, hence the timing of the post. It's not like this information has existed forever, it just came 1-2 years after a lot of the rest.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know how Meyer would be able to determine anything. Even if he asked him, if Schiano held the same line he's been holding -- that he didn't know anything -- Urban didn't have any additional information that would have helped him make a more informed decision about the truth of the matter. He didn't have access to sealed court records, now unsealed.
Fair enough @MAIZEandBLUE09. The whole thing stinks to even be brought back into the spotlight. However, nothing will come out of this regardless. Only the ones involved will only know the truth of what really happened. Meyer is putting full trust in his friend. You would do the same. There isn't any evidence of Schiano having any knowledge of this besides "he said, he said." Just drop it!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really want me to create a thread about every staff member that should be fired? Or can I simply state in this one that he should be? Yes, I hate Ohio State and will most certainly be more inclined to post about topics that relate to Ohio State but IMO this particular subject should go beyond football.
When your own fellow michigan fan comes on here and gives a realistic perspective about the situation and you still feign outrage, you look like nothing more than a troll.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I was equally as outraged by Paterno. This new just came out about your coach, hence the timing of the post. It's not like this information has existed forever, it just came 1-2 years after a lot of the rest.
It came out 5 years after the rest, yet you never consider that as being extremely odd, especially when this information would have been crucial to McQueary's original testimony.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It came out 5 years after the rest, yet you never consider that as being extremely odd, especially when this information would have been crucial to McQueary's original testimony.
That's one person's opinion. It doesn't matter what his fandom is, because you clearly bypassed the first Michigan fan who posted in the thread who agreed with me. Or the other fans from many other fan bases who came in and agreed with me who you also argued with. Again, this isn't a football thing -- this is a human thing. You shouldn't want guys connected to hiding child molestation employed by a team you're a fan of. I wouldn't want my football team hiring any formed Penn State coach at this point and don't think they belong in football at all.

And BTW -- maybe go check out the comment sections of those articles posted to 11 Warriors. It would seem that my opinion aligns pretty well with those comments, which is why I didn't think there's be a huge controversy when I posted this.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was unsealed by the courts. Not odd at all.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convicting him of anything, I'm not suggesting we throw him in jail. I'm suggesting that there's enough evidence for him (along with almost any other Penn State coach during that era) to be removed from football. The evidence needed to fire you is FAR less than what's needed to throw you in prison. We have a guy who's gone on record, in court, with a very specific story about Schiano knowing about the abuse, with no reason to lie. That's enough for me to say he shouldn't' be coaching in football.

For instance, Gibbons was kicked off our football team for being accused of r*pe. The school changed it's entire sexual abuse policy to now basically state that they just need a reasonable belief that what the accuser is saying is true and they can kick you out, even if the court system doesn't have enough evidence to prosecute you. I'm saying the same standard should be used here.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL - - - Gibbons raped a girl in his FRESHMAN year and was kicked off the team with 1 game to go in his SENIOR year. Not only that but Taylor Lewan threatened to r*pe the girl if she didn't shut up and the only thing that happened to him was the police told him he "shouldn't be doing that".

Again, where is your outrage about the other PSU coaches? IF McQueary is telling the truth, Bradley knew about this and has lied under oath. Not a peep from you.

This is about Ohio State and nothing more. You aren't even sly about it. No one with even half a brain is fooled.

As for no reason to lie, ample reason for McQueary to lie has already been provided.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one person's opinion. It doesn't matter what his fandom is, because you clearly bypassed the first Michigan fan who posted in the thread who agreed with me. Or the other fans from many other fan bases who came in and agreed with me who you also argued with. Again, this isn't a football thing -- this is a human thing. You shouldn't want guys connected to hiding child molestation employed by a team you're a fan of. I wouldn't want my football team hiring any formed Penn State coach at this point and don't think they belong in football at all.

And BTW -- maybe go check out the comment sections of those articles posted to 11 Warriors. It would seem that my opinion aligns pretty well with those comments, which is why I didn't think there's be a huge controversy when I posted this.
Schiano didn't cover anything up. Covering it up would be seeing it happen (definitively) and saying absolutely nothing, or approaching Sandusky about it and agreeing not to say anything. From McQueary's testimony, Schiano said he "saw something happening" and took it right to Bradley. That is not a coverup. I know you're so desperate to twist it that way, but it's simply not. For all you know, he may have taken it to the local police and they overlooked it because it's frickin Happy Valley and they don't rock the boat with an enormous university like that a la Tallahassee PD.

Bottom line is, you know absolutely nothing for sure yet you've come on here and literally blamed the rapes on Schiano. Now THAT is what's really sick.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL - - - Gibbons raped a girl in his FRESHMAN year and was kicked off the team with 1 game to go in his SENIOR year. Not only that but Taylor Lewan threatened to r*pe the girl if she didn't shut up and the only thing that happened to him was the police told him he "shouldn't be doing that".

Again, where is your outrage about the other PSU coaches? IF McQueary is telling the truth, Bradley knew about this and has lied under oath. Not a peep from you.

This is about Ohio State and nothing more. You aren't even sly about it. No one with even half a brain is fooled.

As for no reason to lie, ample reason for McQueary to lie has already been provided.
Yeah, and that was wrong. The University literally changed the entire policy to kick gibbons out. And that standard is being put in place at many Universities around the country -- I think even OSU recently changed their policy.

McQueary isn't currently the assistant head football coach anywhere and Bradley should be fired from....where's he?...UCLA? They're all scumbags. This is not about Ohio State.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schiano didn't cover anything up. Covering it up would be seeing it happen (definitively) and saying absolutely nothing, or approaching Sandusky about it and agreeing not to say anything. From McQueary's testimony, Schiano said he "saw something happening" and took it right to Bradley. That is not a coverup. I know you're so desperate to twist it that way, but it's simply not. For all you know, he may have taken it to the local police and they overlooked it because it's frickin Happy Valley and they don't rock the boat with an enormous university like that a la Tallahassee PD.

Bottom line is, you know absolutely nothing for sure yet you've come on here and literally blamed the rapes on Schiano. Now THAT is what's really sick.
Yes, he did. If you don't report seeing a molestation to the police then you are covering up a crime. Reporting it to a coworker and then going on about your life is ridiculous. I'm not sure how anyone thinks that reporting a federal crime to your superior is even remotely the correct or ethical thing to do?

I know one thing, there's a guy who gave a sworn statement about Schniano seeing abuse, gave a very detailed story about what he saw and how he reported it to his superior and had no reason to lie.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he did. If you don't report seeing a molestation to the police then you are covering up a crime. Reporting it to a coworker and then going on about your life is ridiculous. I'm not sure how anyone thinks that reporting a federal crime to your superior is even remotely the correct or ethical thing to do?

I know one thing, there's a guy who gave a sworn statement about Schniano seeing abuse, gave a very detailed story about what he saw and how he reported it to his superior and had no reason to lie.
McQueary didn't give a very detailed story about Schiano. In fact, his supposed conversation with Bradley was very vague. You also have no evidence that it's true whatsoever. What I know is that we're somehow only hearing about this 5 years after the story broke. Why didn't we hear about this then? Why can't you answer that question? Seems like it would be a pretty big piece of the puzzle, no? You "know" absolutely nothing. You "think" what you want to think because Schiano is at Ohio State. If he wasn't, everyone knows this thread would not exist.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McQueary didn't give a very detailed story about Schiano. In fact, his supposed conversation with Bradley was very vague. You also have no evidence that it's true whatsoever. What I know is that we're somehow only hearing about this 5 years after the story broke. Why didn't we hear about this then? Why can't you answer that question? Seems like it would be a pretty big piece of the puzzle, no? You "know" absolutely nothing. You "think" what you want to think because Schiano is at Ohio State. If he wasn't, everyone knows this thread would not exist.
Because it was sealed in a court document that no one was allowed to see and no one talked about this outside the court.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it was sealed in a court document that no one was allowed to see and no one talked about this outside the court.
But why?? How did we hear about all this other stuff from McQueary, yet this one detail which would be a pretty big deal somehow never came out? Again, how would we not know about this?

Again, this is all about what you choose to believe. You hear a vague secondhand story from a guy that has been vehemently denied by both other men involved, and you decide to label the OSU guy a scumbag and literally blame him for the rapes (which is the most disgusting part of this thread). You have an agenda, and that's undeniable. Everyone on here can see that, clear as day. Again, if Schiano wasn't at Ohio State, this thread would not exist, and you know it.