• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh, Oh.......Problem's Brewing

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we have to worry about the Patriots giving him a huge contract at his age... They might give him more than they should for his age but it won't be a ridiculous amount

What the hell does age have to do with anything??? The minute that you start to talk about age, you've painted yourself into a corner. If Kraft or Belichick even mentioned age after playing in the Super Bowl at 37, 39 and 40, I'd say, "Cut me, right now or I'll sue your ass for age discrimination."

I guarantee that the Bills would pony up a 3 year $120M contract today.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell does age have to do with anything??? The minute that you start to talk about age, you've painted yourself into a corner. If Kraft or Belichick even mentioned age after playing in the Super Bowl at 37, 39 and 40, I'd say, "Cut me, right now or I'll sue your ass for age discrimination."

Are we sure the Bills would actually do that though?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all they just invested in getting Allen and needing to lop at least $25MM off their cap to fit such a contract onto their books, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if the Bills do good for them.

All the historical data indicates a decline is imminent.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It worries me as it does you, not in the sense that TB12 needs to learn the ropes but the others do. Look the end is near anyway so maybe TB12 just wants a few extra day's with family at this point in his career he deserves that. Hoyer can take the guys through the routes and reps.
Agree mostly but with TB we know the offense is all about timing and confidence. I just hope all the new guys can get on board quickly otherwise Gronk and JE11 will get abused.
If TB declines this year we'll all be second guessing if it was do to his lack of time with the new guys.

Sure we're getting close to the end BUT the way TB looked at the end of the year it didn't look like it was because of his skills degrading. However lack of prep could be as he's always been first in last out and always working extra with the new guys.

Hope I\m wrong and TB gives us one more championship. If he hangs up his cleats the next day after that I'll wish him the best. No regrets regardless if he looks like he could go another year or two.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this news? OTA's are voluntary workouts. Brady will be at minicamp next month.
Because TB throughout his career has always worked with new guys or his favorite receivers before even OTAs. He's always been in first and last out. He doesn't need the workouts but he needs the reps with the new guys. Unlike Seattle's offense the NE offense is predicated on precise routes and timing. as well as TB12 having confidence on a player will be where he's supposed to be. That comes with reps.

Ian Rappaport reported this morning Brady may not be at Mini Camp?

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree mostly but with TB we know the offense is all about timing and confidence. I just hope all the new guys can get on board quickly otherwise Gronk and JE11 will get abused.
If TB declines this year we'll all be second guessing if it was do to his lack of time with the new guys.

Sure we're getting close to the end BUT the way TB looked at the end of the year it didn't look like it was because of his skills degrading. However lack of prep could be as he's always been first in last out and always working extra with the new guys.

Hope I\m wrong and TB gives us one more championship. If he hangs up his cleats the next day after that I'll wish him the best. No regrets regardless if he looks like he could go another year or two.

As a general football fan, I think this very could be Brady's last season. I think he's starting to show signs of mental exhaustion with the game of football. Why else would he not want to show up to voluntary workouts?

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because TB throughout his career has always worked with new guys or his favorite receivers before even OTAs. He's always been in first and last out. He doesn't need the workouts but he needs the reps with the new guys. Unlike Seattle's offense the NE offense is predicated on precise routes and timing. as well as TB12 having confidence on a player will be where he's supposed to be. That comes with reps.

Ian Rappaport reported this morning Brady may not be at Mini Camp?

Right. He may or may not be at mandatory mini-camp.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a general football fan, I think this very could be Brady's last season. I think he's starting to show signs of mental exhaustion with the game of football. Why else would he not want to show up to voluntary workouts?
You could be right. But he's said he wants to play till 45. More recently he said Giselle was onboard with him playing at least this season and one more.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh hell TB could hang them up today and I would be fine with that. He owe's this team and this fanbase nothing. And by the same token he has become a very wealthy man with the help of this organization. I am fine with his leaving when he wants, just not fine with him getting a Jimmy G type deal.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right. But he's said he wants to play till 45. More recently he said Giselle was onboard with him playing at least this season and one more.

I doubt he lasts that long but ok.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of my concern is with injuries, as I said he has been blessed to date and that worries me. And the body does not recover at the same rate it did ten years ago.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he lasts that long but ok.
Why?

In all honesty a part of me agree but he hasn't shown any real signs of decline yet. He has very much been the example of a QB playing well into his 40s with success.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this news? OTA's are voluntary workouts. Brady will be at minicamp next month.

How is it not news? Brady has been at every OTA as far back as I can remember. He set the tone for the rest of the team of the type of commitment it takes to year in and year out compete in this league. They also have a lot of new pieces in the receiver room so every rep is going to matter. Now this doesn't mean their season will derail by any means, but for Brady to miss it shows there is obviously some discontentment between him and the organization.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of my concern is with injuries, as I said he has been blessed to date and that worries me. And the body does not recover at the same rate it did ten years ago.

Do you think his body will turn on him?

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it not news? Brady has been at every OTA as far back as I can remember. He set the tone for the rest of the team of the type of commitment it takes to year in and year out compete in this league. They also have a lot of new pieces in the receiver room so every rep is going to matter. Now this doesn't mean their season will derail by any means, but for Brady to miss it shows there is obviously some discontentment between him and the organization.

I was saying it's nothing to worry about with Brady.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

In all honesty a part of me agree but he hasn't shown any real signs of decline yet. He has very much been the example of a QB playing well into his 40s with success.

You know it's gonna happen though.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he also has three young children and is cognizant of the fact that his chance to spend time with them is as fleeting as his football career?

I know he has kids. I was talking about it from a football aspect.