• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh, Oh.......Problem's Brewing

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More information came out Sunday as Boston Herald's Karen Guerigian shed a lot more light on what pissed off Gronk. According to her, Belichick called out Gronkowski on his TB12 trainiing as being inadequate to do his job. And he did it in front of the entire team. This happened early in the 2017 season and Gronk was getting pushed around on a regular basis by Patriot offensive linemen in practice. He pretty much told gronk that he needed to lift weights and not stretch elastics.

Fast forward to 2018 offseason and Gronk is wondering if Belichick really gives a shit about the health of players as long as they can play football his way? That's a pretty telling question, not only for Belichick, but for every other NFL head coach.

Gronk was pretty pissed off when the medical staff misdiagnosed the extent of his elbow injury a few years ago when it turned out to be much more serious that diagnosed. Gronk missed a lot of time and had to wear a bulky protective brace for more than a year. He had a serious knee injury that wiped out a season and the playoffs. And of course he's had three back surgeries in the past couple of years. Through it all, Gronk has worked with patriot Training Staff and the injuries have lingered and rehab has been slow and painful. In 2017 Belichick gave Gronk an Incentive laden contract that would pay him $11.5M if he met all of the levels of playing and production and all of it would kick in if he was named All-Pro. Gronk started working out with Brady and Guerreo and felt much better and claimed he hadn't had as much flexibility or speed in years.

The TB12 Method goes against the grain of the 100 year old National Football league's methods of training and nutrition. With Brady playing in the NFL at 40 years old, winning the MVP, throwing for 505 yards in the Super Bowl, it appears that the TB12 method has some merit and is starting to attract a large number of professional athletes who would like to prolong their careers.

The media has determined that they will never get straight answers from Belichick and are directing questions at Robert Kraft and the other owners. How much do they really, honestly care about the short term and long term health of the NFL players. First it was concussions and the fact that the NFL hid info for years and years. Now we're entering into an age of young,smart, educated players, some of whom have given up professional football after one year because of the threat to their health.

Where is this going?

Nowhere mostly media drama.

But as it relates to overall training, yeah I think Gronk needs more weight training then he does plyometrics or what ever the heck it's called. My question is, is there no way the two can work together?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Gronk said he was considering retirement, that got the media in a tizzy. It's their job to ask questions and try to get info. The problem today is that many of them are lazy and would rather starting talking about the "what ifs" rather than doing the hard work and research.

I heard a couple of guys on the tube actually ask a few reasonable questions. The one I often wonder about is, "What if Gronk actually asked to be traded?" Would or did BB say, 'No"? Or did Kraft get quietly involved and that's where all of the media, "Meeting" rumors came from?

We all come in here and discuss everything we hear or see. Thenwe complain about the media, never realizing that they are the providers of about 99% of what we discuss everyday. As much as we may not like them, they make our days in SportsHoopla interesting.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Gronk said he was considering retirement, that got the media in a tizzy. It's their job to ask questions and try to get info. The problem today is that many of them are lazy and would rather starting talking about the "what ifs" rather than doing the hard work and research.

I heard a couple of guys on the tube actually ask a few reasonable questions. The one I often wonder about is, "What if Gronk actually asked to be traded?" Would or did BB say, 'No"? Or did Kraft get quietly involved and that's where all of the media, "Meeting" rumors came from?

We all come in here and discuss everything we hear or see. Thenwe complain about the media, never realizing that they are the providers of about 99% of what we discuss everyday. As much as we may not like them, they make our days in SportsHoopla interesting.
Reminds me of a lawyer joke...

99% of the media makes the rest of them look bad.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little more information is starting to come out about Brady. TB said a couple of weeks ago that he wasn't feeling like he's appreciated by the Patriots. That was before Matt Ryan signed his 5 year $30M a year deal with $70M guaranteed. He knew JG was going to get a bump in salary and expected it to be more thyan the franchise salary of $24M. Everyone was surprised that it was $27.5M per year.

Now here comes Tom Brady who's given the Patriots home town discounts since 2005. AND since then, he's taken the Pats to seven straight AFC Championships and five Super Bowls and been MVP in two. Now the "bad" part. Of the 32 Starting Quarterbacks in the NFL Brady is paid less than 15 and makes more than 16. Considering that half have not been to the playoffs, more thyan half haven't been to the Super Bowl, think maybe that Robert Kraft could have said that it was time to pay his star at least somewhere near the top of the QB scale?

Brady will be 42 when the 2019 season ends and one person is pushing him very hard not to sign any extension with the Patriots. That person wants him to see what his value will be, on the open open market, especially if the Patriots can get back to another Super Bowl. Who might t6hat person be? None other than Brady's bestest friend and wife, Giselle Bunchan Brady.

Patriots aren't saying anything about Brady's contract or Gronk's contract, but as Tom Curran said last night......."Everyone can see the smoke, what about the fire?"

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness they should cut him a check for $100 mill and say "you've earned it", but that's not the reality of the salary cap. It's a difficult proposition because if he wants $30 mill and they don't want to pay it the team looks bad (maybe accurate is the correct word). But based on the way they manage the dough they won't do that...

They need to do something because the team friendly deals aren't fair to Brady. Even at 41, there is no substitute.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness they should cut him a check for $100 mill and say "you've earned it", but that's not the reality of the salary cap. It's a difficult proposition because if he wants $30 mill and they don't want to pay it the team looks bad (maybe accurate is the correct word). But based on the way they manage the dough they won't do that...

They need to do something because the team friendly deals aren't fair to Brady. Even at 41, there is no substitute.

Brady definitely has a lot of leverage in the situation. Without him they are nowhere near a Super Bowl contender. At the same time if Brady wanted he could threaten retirement because well he and his wife have more money than the next 10 generations of Brady's could spend.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has more money than he knows what to do with. He has his TB12 and all that other shit. His wife makes a ton of money, actually more than him. He takes these deals to win and puts the team ahead of him. He doesn't have 10 yrs left anymore. Pretty sure the friendly deals will continue to take place if he wants to win a SB over the next few years. Look at some of these teams after they go out pay a ton for a QB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has more money than he knows what to do with. He has his TB12 and all that other shit. His wife makes a ton of money, actually more than him. He takes these deals to win and puts the team ahead of him. He doesn't have 10 yrs left anymore. Pretty sure the friendly deals will continue to take place if he wants to win a SB over the next few years. Look at some of these teams after they go out pay a ton for a QB.

At this point though he could be viewing it as he has helped this team out plenty and if there is a true rift with Belichick then might be feeling like the team needs to show they are committed to him and no easier way to do that than money.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point though he could be viewing it as he has helped this team out plenty and if there is a true rift with Belichick then might be feeling like the team needs to show they are committed to him and no easier way to do that than money.

It's not about BB and Brady...it's all about Kraft and Brady. Kraft loves him and will make it right. BB has no say on Tommy anymore.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is no longer about Brady and BB or Brady and Kraft or Brady and the Patriots. This is about Giselle and Kraft. This is a self made billionaire who could write a check for the Carolina Panthers and not even feel it. She has an empire that straddles a number of different areas. She is the primary owner of Uggs Footwear which grossed over $1B in 2016, she is the sole owner of Giselle, Inc. which is cosmetics and women's and men's fashions which grossed over $3B in 2016. She is a partial owner of several other international businesses, primarily in South America. She still does very specific modeling jobs at $1M per shoot. Not bad for 4 hours work. She is a ruthless business woman who knows exactly how to get what she wants and who she has to kill to get it.

Her asking Tom to go out on the market after 2019 is a shot across the bow of the USS Kraft. The absolute last thing that Kraft wants is for Brady and his brand to finish his career in anything but a Patriot uniform. Can you imagine the damage it would cause if Brady decided to sign with another team for 3 years and took them to the Super Bowl twice and won another MVP?

Can you imagine if Brady went somewhere else and finished the season at 12-4 or 13-3 and the Patriots finished 6-10 or 7-9?

If the Cap hits $200M and Kraft gives Brady a top QB contract, Belichick will seethe with anger. $30M a year right now is almost 17% of the total cap. I can't see QBs taking less than Ryan if they make the playoffs.

If Kraft really wants Tom to finish out his career in New England, I think he has to step up and offer Brady a
new 5 year contract at $150M with a $25M signing bonus. That would be $35M a year with $100M guaranteed......................Just my opinion. Kraft bought the Patriots in 1994 for $365M. When Brady was drafted, the team was worth about $600M. In the past 18 years the value of the Patriots has grown to near $3B. At least $1.5B of that is the value of the QB to this franchise.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just one more facet of what makes him the greatest quahtahback in history.
He knows $125 million in his pocket and $50 million for the rest of the team doesn't leave much of a team.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or shipping Jimmy G off for 2nd rounder.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait I thought the theory on Gisele and Tom's football career was that she wants him to retire, not that she wants him to demand more money? BTW, Gisele doesn't own UGG and she isn't a billionaire.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but I'm not buying the whole "Tom feels disrespected" thing. It's a media creation and nothing more.

Can you imagine if the Matty P "r*pe" thing came out last year instead of this year? Now that he's a Lion it'll fizzle out quickly.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. You can't type r@pe? Seriously?

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but I'm not buying the whole "Tom feels disrespected" thing. It's a media creation and nothing more.

Can you imagine if the Matty P "r*pe" thing came out last year instead of this year? Now that he's a Lion it'll fizzle out quickly.

As much as I don't want it to be true I think there is something to this Brady feeling disrespected or unappreciated by BB. Something just seems off.

And you're right if Matt Patricia was still with the Patriots that story would be getting much more play.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait I thought the theory on Gisele and Tom's football career was that she wants him to retire, not that she wants him to demand more money? BTW, Gisele doesn't own UGG and she isn't a billionaire.

UGG is actually owned by Deckers Outdoor Corporation. At this present moment Dave Powers is the man in charge of Deckers.

Also last I knew Tom Brady is worth around $180 million and Gisele is worth $360 million. So combined obviously $540 million. Still a nice chunk of change and they are both still bringing in a ton of money but still long ways away from being a billionaire power couple.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is no longer about Brady and BB or Brady and Kraft or Brady and the Patriots. This is about Giselle and Kraft. This is a self made billionaire who could write a check for the Carolina Panthers and not even feel it. She has an empire that straddles a number of different areas. She is the primary owner of Uggs Footwear which grossed over $1B in 2016, she is the sole owner of Giselle, Inc. which is cosmetics and women's and men's fashions which grossed over $3B in 2016. She is a partial owner of several other international businesses, primarily in South America. She still does very specific modeling jobs at $1M per shoot. Not bad for 4 hours work. She is a ruthless business woman who knows exactly how to get what she wants and who she has to kill to get it.

Her asking Tom to go out on the market after 2019 is a shot across the bow of the USS Kraft. The absolute last thing that Kraft wants is for Brady and his brand to finish his career in anything but a Patriot uniform. Can you imagine the damage it would cause if Brady decided to sign with another team for 3 years and took them to the Super Bowl twice and won another MVP?

Can you imagine if Brady went somewhere else and finished the season at 12-4 or 13-3 and the Patriots finished 6-10 or 7-9?

If the Cap hits $200M and Kraft gives Brady a top QB contract, Belichick will seethe with anger. $30M a year right now is almost 17% of the total cap. I can't see QBs taking less than Ryan if they make the playoffs.

If Kraft really wants Tom to finish out his career in New England, I think he has to step up and offer Brady a
new 5 year contract at $150M with a $25M signing bonus. That would be $35M a year with $100M guaranteed......................Just my opinion. Kraft bought the Patriots in 1994 for $365M. When Brady was drafted, the team was worth about $600M. In the past 18 years the value of the Patriots has grown to near $3B. At least $1.5B of that is the value of the QB to this franchise.
You forgot to say "In my opinion Giselle is a billionaire" :)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She may not have a billion in her pocket but she does own the cosmetics and fashions that are hauling in truck loads of cash.

Oh yeah, only her American bank records are available. Her Swiss, Cayman and Brazilian are totally unknown.

My bank records show my worth at roughly $330,000. No one has any idea what my 401Ks and investments are valued at. My guess is that no one other than Giselle and Tom know what they have tucked away.

That's my opinion.......8^)

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She may not have a billion in her pocket but she does own the cosmetics and fashions that are hauling in truck loads of cash.

Oh yeah, only her American bank records are available. Her Swiss, Cayman and Brazilian are totally unknown.

My bank records show my worth at roughly $330,000. No one has any idea what my 401Ks and investments are valued at. My guess is that no one other than Giselle and Tom know what they have tucked away.

That's my opinion.......8^)

My bank records show I have very little money but I have the Mona Lisa and the Dead Sea Scrolls under my bed.....