• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crews was my pick to win the battle royal from the beginning.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benjamin coming back, just makes me think that it is really a shame that GFW could never get off the ground. The roster Jarrett signed was pretty damn good.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Crews was my pick to win the battle royal from the beginning.
I started having nightmare visions of Kane in the title match at SS when he was dominating....

I think Crews was the right choice

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the little production changes both brands have done.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That segment had so much potential. The Rhyno debut wasn't a big enough payoff

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah Dolph!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone get Shelton's Mama on the phone and tell her to get ready

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well played Smackdown. I did not see that coming.

The way they been jobbing Ziggler out for so long, that was a surprise.

Well done, Smackdown. Well done.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got a long way to go with Dolph the way they've presented him over the years. Winning this match does nothing. He's been in this spot before and they always have him lose. I wouldn't have had him win right off bat. He's been damaged to where he needs a slower build. Like tell a longer story of his quest to get to the top and have him earn a title shot in 2 to 3 months from now. The way they've done it before, I say he's either losing at SS so none this matters or he'll win but get the Christian/Mysterio treatment, where he loses the title just as quickly as he got it

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ziggler winning was an odd choice, which wildturkey explained pretty well.

Only thing of significance that may come out of this is a heel turn. If that doesn't happen, he is just basically being fed to Ambrose at Summerslam. Who knows though, with the brand split.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Dolph gets fed to Ambrose is if it's not a competitive match and Ambrose just demolishes him, even if it's only a 1 month feud if the match is competitive and back and forth I wouldn't call that a feeding.

Now a feeding would be if they built Ziggler up over months and months and then had him be 1 and done at the PPV.

There's nothing wrong with Dean beating him at SS in a hard fought match and then both guys move on.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Stone Cold Steve Austin lost to Savio Vega the PPV before he won the King of the Ring and cut the Austin 3:16 promo. As long as a wrestler is over and capable I don't have an issue with an abrupt change in their booking.

It's not like he pinned Brock Lesnar or something unrealistic. He pinned AJ Styles who in kayfabe terms hasn't been portrayed as much stronger than Dolph. They needed to give a push to someone in their midcard and Dolph was an obvious choice. He's a multi time World Champ. He's over. His ring work is as good anyone in the brand's other than Styles.

Stuff like this is why I favored a brand split. A rookie on Raw and a veteran former Champ on SD both getting title shots

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stone Cold Steve Austin lost to Savio Vega the PPV before he won the King of the Ring and cut the Austin 3:16 promo. As long as a wrestler is over and capable I don't have an issue with an abrupt change in their booking.

It's not like he pinned Brock Lesnar or something unrealistic. He pinned AJ Styles who in kayfabe terms hasn't been portrayed as much stronger than Dolph. They needed to give a push to someone in their midcard and Dolph was an obvious choice. He's a multi time World Champ. He's over. His ring work is as good anyone in the brand's other than Styles.

Stuff like this is why I favored a brand split. A rookie on Raw and a veteran former Champ on SD both getting title shots

And he is no "Roman" with the stick in his hand.

Being a Dolph fan. I was ecstatic when he won.

Gentlemen. I want you to think about all this. IWC darling Balor wins the Raw no 1 contender and now another IWC fan Ziggler wins SDL no 1 contender. I might be reading to much into it but Omg i think this might be a apology for the shit over the past couple of months that we have been dealt.

Ih on the Shelton Benjerman coming back. :yes:. Another wrestler I like

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Bryan is gonna earn that DBag again.

"We want this to be all about the wrestlers"
"We do not want this to be about the management"

Well the wrestlers were all around the ring, their top 6 were in the ring, and it turned into a yes chant.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ziggler losing to Ambrose at Summerslam, and then returning to where he was before, is the exact definition of being fed to someone in professional wrestling. I mean this was a guy that was just getting his ass kicked by Baron Corbin for months.

I'm not saying he's going to return to where he was before after he loses to Ambrose, but its something to keep an eye on.

Also, after the Austin 3:16 promo...Austin worked with....MARC MERO...at the next PPV. After that, he didn't even make the main card at Summerslam 1996. He was stuck working with an out of shape and past his prime, Yokozuna during the pre-show.

They built him up through wins after the Austin 3:16 promo. He beat Mero, 1996 Yokozuna and 1996 Triple H in three straight PPVs, before finally getting his big break at Survivor Series with Bret. I put the year before Yoko and Triple H, because it needs to be pointed out that beating Yokozuna and Triple H in 1996 wasn't a big deal.

SCSA didn't go from being a guy who lost to Savio Vega to being an upper midcarder/main eventer overnight. After winning the KOTR, he spent the next few months working (and beating) with midcarders.

They took a legendary promo, built up his momentum through wins over the course of four-five months, before giving him the chance to work with a main eventer.

Apples and Oranges. Ziggler went from being a guy who was getting his ass kicked for months by a newcomer to getting a title shot at the #2 PPV of the year, a month later. Shit like that is exactly what is wrong with WWE's booking.