• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL OFF SEASON THREAD ( 2017 )

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley, other coaches will return in 2017

Beasley on battling cancer 1:39
Rangers third base coach Tony Beasley discusses battling cancer and what it means to be around the team during their postseason run
By T.R. Sullivan / MLB.com | @Sullivan_Ranger | 7:22 PM ET
ARLINGTON -- The Rangers are not planning any changes in their coaching staff this winter, manager Jeff Banister said Tuesday.

The Rangers do expect Tony Beasley to resume his third base coaching duties next season. He was on limited duty this season while recovering from rectal cancer.

"We feel he is healthy and will be back in place," Banister said.

Spike Owen served as the interim third base coach during Beasley's absence and has been offered a job in the Minor League system. He was supposed to manage Class A Hickory this season.

The Rangers overhauled their coaching staff the past two winters so Banister sees no reason to make more changes.

"I'm fortunate to have the group of guys around me that I have," Banister said.

Glad to hear Beasley will be back, Spike was not a good 3rd base coach. Guess this means Brocail is back too? Uggh

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes that pain is oh so real Zero feel sorry for Giants and no sympathy for loveable Cubs......Sorry America

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And BTW these recent Rangers teams despite poor pitching performances are/were light years better than 90s playoff teams they first brought us real relevance as fans. We could not hit a Yankees FB minus Pudge and the estranged Senor Octubre. ... Sorry if wrong thread and late response re pitching now and the 90s......
.......still a loss is a loss is a loss.....hear our prayer.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS JD is admitting we are NOT developing MILB pitching as we would like....go MENDEZ....wishes sent ....what happened Luke Jackson??? Can what has been done be undone??

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what he is saying, but I wouldn't put Ian in the same category as Gallardo.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think second half Desmond is the true Desmond. I think he needs to move on.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested to hear how well Joey plays this winter at first. He's been mentioned a lot there.
Don't want him at 1B, until he shows he can't major league pitching. He was absolutely pathetic with his .040 BA this year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then Banny, you need to stop overtrusting guys like Hoying and Diekman. Those decisions didn't cost us a trip to the WS this year because we played so poorly. However, if this team does play better in a future postseason then your personnel decisions could cost us a WS. It has been done before.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One question that has to be answered before making offseason starting pitching plans is was the late season woes of our two best pitchers a blip or a concern for next season. Given this team's management's optimism that it showed in Prince and others I would have to think that they are almost certain that it was a blip and that they are going to have a stellar one-two punch next year.

Another question is how do they view Martin Perez. JD seemed to intimate that he has confidence that Perez will show marked improvement next year.

Given those things I believe the organization's mindset is that they need a #3(most likely) or #4 starter added to the team. They may also decide they want another candidate or two to sign to minor league deals to push Holland. However, given JD being prone to make big splashes they could always decide to go for broke and pursue Chris Sale. I would put it at a 60% chance that they go that first route, but the second route is still a definite possibility.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want him at 1B, until he shows he can't major league pitching. He was absolutely pathetic with his .040 BA this year.

he has shown that he can not accept teaching from any hitting coach in the Ranger system, it is time to pass him on to some other team

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't agree
Look at Ian Desmond's career numbers. You might change your mind.

Good guy. Good work ethic. Average hitter at best. Below average CF. Move Gomez to CF. Let some other team overpay Desmond. Save that money for starting pitching, the most glaring weakness on this team.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good guy. Good work ethic. Average hitter at best. Below average CF. Move Gomez to CF. Let some other team overpay Desmond. Save that money for starting pitching, the most glaring weakness on this team.

if JD goes that way i will support it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well we could always go back to DeShields in center