• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Lions Board Draft Thread

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Rob is the voice of reason on here now???? Every single one of us were irate with the running game for the last 10 years. We draft arguably the best center and fullback in the draft and a tackle that was rated as high as the number for tackle. We get Hyder back this year and drafted Hand. If Ziggy plays up to his potential I think the defense will be fine, they should be on the field a lot less this year with an actual running game. I think Patricia was okay with being able to get the most out of what he had on the defensive side of the ball. My guess is he wanted to make sure the offense could help the defense more than it ever has.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't know he had a transplant. Hope he does well.

For what it's worth, April is recognized as Donate Life month. It's a time when the donation community hope to raise awareness about the need for individuals to consider registering as a potential donor. Having previously worked in the industry, it's a cause that I find worthy of supporting.

I'm not here to convince anyone to make a decision one way or the other. What I do want to pass along, though, is to let your family know if you want to be a donor or not. Now is a great time to have that discussion so they know what you would like to have happen when that time comes - and for you to know their wishes, just in case.

And if you have q's about this topic, send me a message. If I can't answer it, I'll put you in touch with people who perhaps can.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Rob is the voice of reason on here now???? Every single one of us were irate with the running game for the last 10 years. We draft arguably the best center and fullback in the draft and a tackle that was rated as high as the number for tackle. We get Hyder back this year and drafted Hand. If Ziggy plays up to his potential I think the defense will be fine, they should be on the field a lot less this year with an actual running game. I think Patricia was okay with being able to get the most out of what he had on the defensive side of the ball. My guess is he wanted to make sure the offense could help the defense more than it ever has.

I was all for fixing the run game. Lions just took the wrong players. Better interior line prospects in the first. Absolute wrong running back, and gave up an extra 4th for the priveledge. With no 4th anymore they trade a future third for a 4th round player.

I liked the FB pick and Corbin

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Defensive front was the biggest need. Again.

2. Hand isn't a very good player.

3. Hyder is coming off a ruptured achilles. I have no expectation for him.

4. We also lost Ngata.

5. Fullback is a waste, just like it was when Mayhew picked one in 2015.

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will disagree a bit. I would have rather had Hurst over Hand but I think they did a good job on the run game. The more I watch the C and T the more I like them and the FB was lead blocker for the nation's leading rusher each of the last two years, different tailbacks. The biggest reach I saw was the Safety, I'm ok with the other picks, even the move ups, by all accounts the players we took after moving up would have been gone when we picked. If the board was set and that's who they wanted then they did what they had to to form the team their way. We'll see what else happens in FA and camp.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will disagree a bit. I would have rather had Hurst over Hand but I think they did a good job on the run game. The more I watch the C and T the more I like them and the FB was lead blocker for the nation's leading rusher each of the last two years, different tailbacks. The biggest reach I saw was the Safety, I'm ok with the other picks, even the move ups, by all accounts the players we took after moving up would have been gone when we picked. If the board was set and that's who they wanted then they did what they had to to form the team their way. We'll see what else happens in FA and camp.

Agreed. The SS was a luxury pick IMO when we have gaping holes at LB. Not sure we needed to draft a FB.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Quinn, who gets paid to do this, knows a little more about this than someone who reads Bleacher Report. We're fixin' to win the fucking Super Bowl, man. Show a little respect to the people who actually get paid to do this stuff.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Quinn, who gets paid to do this, knows a little more about this than someone who reads Bleacher Report. We're fixin' to win the fucking Super Bowl, man. Show a little respect to the people who actually get paid to do this stuff.
Why? We are Lions fans. The people who have "gotten paid to do this" for the last 25 years have NOT done a better job than we would have or could have. So no, Quinn gets no benefit of the doubt here.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with our draft. Liking Ragnow more and more. Offense has no excuses now with the additions. Wasn't too happy with Johnson but understood why they moved up (didn't want that LSU headcase either). Didn't like the Walker pick at all but hopefully he can add something. Hand is a value pick and can hopefully play to up to his potential. Really liked Crosby as a depth guy.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with our draft. Liking Ragnow more and more. Offense has no excuses now with the additions. Wasn't too happy with Johnson but understood why they moved up (didn't want that LSU headcase either). Didn't like the Walker pick at all but hopefully he can add something. Hand is a value pick and can hopefully play to up to his potential. Really liked Crosby as a depth guy.

Hand was not a value pick. We used a 3rd round pick on him

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lulz

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After our last 2 GMs I really don't understand how any Lion's fan can think this way. Aside from a few successful NFL GMs the average NFL fan working in a gas station can get just as many hits in the draft.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next time you're at work look around at the other employees some are good at their job, some not so much. A proven guy like BB deserves the respect you're talking about, a guy that does fist bumps after every idiotic pick not so much.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After our last 2 GMs I really don't understand how any Lion's fan can think this way. Aside from a few successful NFL GMs the average NFL fan working in a gas station can get just as many hits in the draft.
Fog is just gloating because he called the Johnson pick months and months ago.

I'll gladly write a letter of recommendation when the Quin Era ends.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry i guess i'm still on a rampage this draft wouldn't have been so bad if Quinn had stayed disciplined and not dumped the 2 picks.

I mean on the bright side

Ragnow was a need and plenty of scouts/pundits had him as the top center

Johnson went a little high, but most had him 2/3rd and he did take almost all of his snaps out of the SG/Pistol/WC very important for any RB playing with Stafford and he doesn't go down easily.

Walker nothing redeemable about this pick he was a pretty big reach and it probably means Glovers days are numbered who i like

Hand Quinn says we're in transition to a 2 gap system so we definitely needed a 5tech

Crosby solid pick should provide depth

Bawden um sorry wasted pick