• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

official blow it up thread

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this happen there will be dancing in the streets.

I could be really reaching here and it's probably just wishfulthinking, but I feel like 2014 is the year it finally happens if the Cowboys strikeout again this season. He jettisoned Wade Phillips after three and half years and put his prodigy Garrett in. After this year, it will be three and a half for him. It has to be near the end of the line for Garrett based on what the NFL has been in recent years. It's 3-4 years or you are gone. With the Rob Ryan and Kiffin mess and the other coaching changes that has produced little results, Jerry has to look in the mirror at some point. He is taking more scrutiny now than he ever has before. Fans are fed up. Jerry has to hold himself accountable at some point and just realize he needs to sign the checks and nothing else. I don't understand why Jerry can't just market the team and glamorize them without making so many of the football decisions. He would help this franchise so much more by being more like Mark Cuban. I think after another failure this year, he will finally realize that.

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Jerry Jones will shock the world and finally step down as GM because even at this point Jerry has to admit he is the biggest problem"

Can not see that Earl. From day one it's been his dream, then hobby, and finally his retirement if you will. This guy has already been the BIG winner and is playing with house money from here on out. The crime is to the old farts that has known this team long before anyone knew of jerry jones. Makes those last horrible Landry years seem not so bad at all. Funny part to me is nothing changes with jerry's NFL legacy even IF jerry wins another championship. Blind horse sometimes finds an acorn and with continued health....jerry will ride his dream....everyone in the world NOW knows jerry jones, thus it's house money for him from now on and he's having the time of his life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Jerry Jones will shock the world and finally step down as GM because even at this point Jerry has to admit he is the biggest problem"

Can not see that Earl. From day one it's been his dream, then hobby, and finally his retirement if you will. This guy has already been the BIG winner and is playing with house money from here on out. The crime is to the old farts that has known this team long before anyone knew of jerry jones. Makes those last horrible Landry years seem not so bad at all. Funny part to me is nothing changes with jerry's NFL legacy even IF jerry wins another championship. Blind horse sometimes finds an acorn and with continued health....jerry will ride his dream....everyone in the world NOW knows jerry jones, thus it's house money for him from now on and he's having the time of his life.

I know what you mean. It's just more wishful thinking than anything. :hope:

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo due for his annual late season swan dive again? 104 yards passing? Amazing.

If Jerry was a smart football man (in which he isn't), he would own up to all those horrendous contract extensions and restructures, and put this team out of it's misery now instead of when all the wheels finally do come off from all those old has-beens being regurgitated every season from yesteryear....what a sham. He can start by trading that overrated imitation QB street-baller named Tony "Oh No" Romo to move up in the draft next year for a real QB (in a pretty good QB draft class). Then draft all defense after that.

You ice-cream and lollypop dreamers can go back to sleep in your fantasy-land now.
This team is done. Even if they make the playoffs, this defense will get lit up again and it's back to square one.

Not surprised you blame Romo when the defense didnt get one stop, you are truly a self made retard.

So to all the mentally handicapped people out there, WFRYE in no way, shape, or form represents you but unfortunately for all of you he is one of you, a self made one

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see what the rest of the season holds. We aren't doing anything right now, and last night was a crap game but we still control our destiny. Win, and in.

yay!!!!!! participation ribbons for all who participated this year, get in and lose, at 8-8 or 9-7 thats the fucking goal!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yay!!!!!! participation ribbons for all who participated this year, get in and lose, at 8-8 or 9-7 thats the fucking goal!

what did you see from this team that ever made you think anything other than a single playoff win was obtainable? I'll take our chances playing either SF or Carolina at home

this team hasn't one player that knows anything about winning anything other than one playoff game and there aren't many of those still around. Expectations should be low....we haven't been a serious contender since Humpty Dumpty & Cabo

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, TRY TO GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL that holds that pea between your ears. NEVER have I said Romo WILL win a SB. I just think anyone who thinks he can see the future when it comes to who will or will not win one are idiots. Funny thing is I heard the same line about Elway and Manning for years. They and their TEAMS finally got that monkey off their backs. Maybe Romo never does, but if you really believe Romo with the way he CAN play this game is not capable of winning the SB, you are a bigger idiot than you appear to be. I think you have said a few times you are done with this team. Well don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. Just don't come back WHEN they get good again.

By the way there are a few GREAT Quarterbacks who have NEVER won a SB.
I suppose you could be right in a certain sense so let me rephrase. Romo will never win a super bowl as a Dallas Cowboy.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did you see from this team that ever made you think anything other than a single playoff win was obtainable? I'll take our chances playing either SF or Carolina at home

this team hasn't one player that knows anything about winning anything other than one playoff game and there aren't many of those still around. Expectations should be low....we haven't been a serious contender since Humpty Dumpty & Cabo

To be honest, I really thought we were seeing something just a bit different this year. After beating the Giants and going 4-0 in the division, I saw a team with some resolve, winning games that count ...to a degree.

But that is all gone when you turn a back up QB into Johnny Unitas and your passing game looks like you were playing the 85 Bears instead of the 2013 Bears.

However, I still believe that if the Boys were going to do something special this year ...it would go down just like this. Win one, lose one .....and you will wait till last second to know if your making the playoffs.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 11-2

2012 11-5

2011 7-9

2010 7-9

2009 5-11

2008 4-12

That's what your team was before they arrived. Shit, did you think Seattle would become the team they became after those four seasons? 8-8? That isn't so bad when you compare it to what Seattle was. Anything can happen. My gut feeling tells me that if the Cowboys fail this year, Jerry Jones will shock the world and finally step down as GM because even at this point Jerry has to admit he is the biggest problem.

I actually made a similar comment after the Detroit loss lol. I even convinced my self to believe it, the truth is its not likely. That said what is it going to take for Jerry to wake up and do whats right I refuse to believe he will be like Al Davis...he's smarter than that. Someone posted 10 more yrs of Jerry when I saw that my heart dropped into my belly and I gag at the thought of this. If Jerry continues this madness he's basically give the Cowboys the death penalty. After all these years you would think he would luck up into fielding a contender not so. To continued misery :suds: At least we're all in it together.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point I would be more than happy going to the playoffs and winning the wild card game. At least it shows progression and a reason to have a positive outlook on the future. Then again JJ will be beating his chance and making SB predictions next year....better be careful what I wish for.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo: Likely will never win a SB. But he is definitely good enough to not only win one, but to be one of the key reasons why it was won.

Jerry stepping down: Yeah. A little bit of wishful thinking there Earl. Jerry's tragic Flaw has always and will always be his ego and his desire to be known as a "Football Guy". Stepping down would be admitting he is not. I think the best we can hope for is the continued slow withdraw of the day to day decision making. You can already see he is allowing others to have more control over who we draft. It seems he is also allowing others to have more control or at least input in the FAs we sign. I think it is easier for him to give this up because he really doesn't know any of these players.

The last and biggest piece is that he needs to allow others involved in the decision about resigning our own guys. It's clear that he values his own players more than anyone else in the league. For long term cap success you need to let guys go before your hands are tied. Not restructure and kick the can down the road, but CUT. I'm convinced the reason he is making the decisions on our current players is because like a fan he has watched them enough to have developed a strong opinion on them and thus won't listen to the "experts". He is clueless on other team's guys or draft picks unless he sees them on ESPN, but he watches our guys enough to be dangerous...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo: Likely will never win a SB. But he is definitely good enough to not only win one, but to be one of the key reasons why it was won.

Jerry stepping down: Yeah. A little bit of wishful thinking there Earl. Jerry's tragic Flaw has always and will always be his ego and his desire to be known as a "Football Guy". Stepping down would be admitting he is not. I think the best we can hope for is the continued slow withdraw of the day to day decision making. You can already see he is allowing others to have more control over who we draft. It seems he is also allowing others to have more control or at least input in the FAs we sign. I think it is easier for him to give this up because he really doesn't know any of these players.

The last and biggest piece is that he needs to allow others involved in the decision about resigning our own guys. It's clear that he values his own players more than anyone else in the league. For long term cap success you need to let guys go before your hands are tied. Not restructure and kick the can down the road, but CUT. I'm convinced the reason he is making the decisions on our current players is because like a fan he has watched them enough to have developed a strong opinion on them and thus won't listen to the "experts". He is clueless on other team's guys or draft picks unless he sees them on ESPN, but he watches our guys enough to be dangerous...

Sometimes I don't think you belong on these boards. You make too much sense.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I also know calling someone a NAME absolutely does not require using profanity and absolutely can be done via an adjective. What you did was name calling. It's fine with me, but I just wanted to point out your hypocrisy...again...

Really? Wow, lmao. If its fine with you, why bring it up unless you like being a nit-picking old lady that loves to cause drama. Talk about hypocrisy. Haley's MO comes in more than one flavor now.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How anyone here can say with a straight face that this defense will get better with these aging overrated players heading towards the down side of their careers moving forward from here (as the worst defense in football right now), is beyond comprehension.

It's time to blow up this team and start over, but I'm pretty sure that every poster here already knows what Jerry will do. Blame the coaching staff, and never himself, draft another OLmen and DLmen, prop up Romo as the greatest QB in NFL history and give him another weapon to make another fantasy SB run with next year as Romo ages even more and slows from injuries, just to keep the charade going that he never makes mistakes when handing out all those ridiculous contract extensions. This is Dallas Cowboys will into the future until Jerry retires in afraid.

:agree::agree::agree:

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No ..the most senseless thing to do is to endlessly go nuts about the owner of a team. He is the owner, he is not going anywhere. He is 71 ... I would say you have another 10 years before he hands the reigns over to his sons.

Ignore him and come draft day ..pray he guesses right. Is there really any option?

So don't expect a trip to the Super Bowl for another 10 years then. Keep drinking the Jerry Jones kool aid.
:laugh3:

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BLUE
FUCK YOU....YOUR SHIT IS TIRESOME

look around asswipe..........I haven't a buddy one on this board. Only you and fried bark up that fucking tree

LMAO. I can see why, lmao. You have the personality of a used condom with a pin hole in it anyway.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spin doctor spin

btw....the three I mentioned are all good
whatelse you got?
you remain the easiest of all....congrats on all that

I beg to differ. You and Jarnett have the monopoly in this room on being the ultimate spin doctors.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And what made you think this team was even capable of winning the division and going to the playoffs?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BJJ...nice to see you found a new buddy. It must have been tough on you since your MMA pal left...

By the way BJJ, I know what the "B" and the first "J" stand for. Is the second "J" for doing such a good "job"???