• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013 Off Season Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of reports out there that Mike Malone is likely headed to Sacramento to become their new head coach. Makes a lot of sense as Malone is a highly sought after coach and has familiarity with new owner (former Warriors minority owner) Ranadive.

MT2 and Kawakami say that new #2 for Dubs likely will come internally. Pete Myers likely to be bumped up.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of reports out there that Mike Malone is likely headed to Sacramento to become their new head coach. Makes a lot of sense as Malone is a highly sought after coach and has familiarity with new owner (former Warriors minority owner) Ranadive.

MT2 and Kawakami say that new #2 for Dubs likely will come internally. Pete Myers likely to be bumped up.

Maybe the Dubs will pick up Del ***** to help with the Xs and Os since Chris Paul fired him yesterday.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Dubs will pick up Del ***** to help with the Xs and Os since Chris Paul fired him yesterday.

100% sure the Warriors will not pick up Del *****. How do I know this? Bob Myers has proven to me he's not an idiot.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% sure the Warriors will not pick up Del *****. How do I know this? Bob Myers has proven to me he's not an idiot.

The joke went right over your head. Why am I not surprised.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge Dwight Howard fan. He is bad for team chemistry. Maybe if Lee and Bogut both come back heallthy we will have a good enough inside presence to be able to compete with the big boys like San Antonio and OKC.

Too bad Lee doesn't defend.

As far as Bogut is concerned, will he ever be healthy? I want to see him play 70 games next year, and if he does (my magic number), the Warriors could be a top 4 seed in the West barring injuries or regressions from their 3 players from the '12 draft class.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as Bogut is concerned, will he ever be healthy? I want to see him play 70 games next year, and if he does (my magic number), the Warriors could be a top 4 seed in the West barring injuries or regressions from their 3 players from the '12 draft class.

You have to admit the thought of getting DH12 is, at least, intriguing, though. The way I see it, eventually, the Warriors will, most likely, have to trade Klay to make a push for a championship-caliber team, anyway. If they can cut some dead weight and get a future Hall of Famer in the process, Thompson's career in Oakland will have been a success.

Of course, it would be difficult to watch him develop into an All-Star with a division rival, but this team already has an abundance of Klay's best qualities in other players. I think he will improve at slashing and finishing at the rim, even though his quickness is lacking. However, I do not have faith in him becoming a good perimeter defender. As he gets more seasons under his belt, he may get more calls (or non-calls), but his feet are just too slow to keep up with most guards his own age (and the competition will get younger every year). Plus, good shooting guards are a dime-a-dozen. Most teams have two that could be considered capable starters (barring injuries). Combine that with a never better than 80% (and that might be on the high side) Andrew Bogut, and I think the risk would be worth it.

That said, I still don't think Kupchak trades Howard for Klay, Bogut, RJ and a first-rounder. I'm closer to thinking I would be okay with it, though.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The joke went right over your head. Why am I not surprised.

You're right your joke went totally over my head. I think the sarcasm was lost since you realistically suggesting Del ***** as a coach was not outside the realm of possibility.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right your joke went totally over my head. I think the sarcasm was lost since you realistically suggesting Del ***** as a coach was not outside the realm of possibility.

Ha ha! Fair enough.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, that's the main weakness of the Warriors, their gbest players are fragile as glass.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Malone officially gone to the Kings, per reports. 4 Year deal worth 9M (4th year is a team option though). This was pretty much assumed once Ranadive purchased the team, but Malone has been a hot commodity for a few years now. I'm more concerned at how this affects our X's and O's this upcoming season.

Don't know if the Warriors are in the Market for another big name assistant, but looks like they'll be looking to promote internally. Pete Myers probably has the inside track to being promoted.

Also Travis Schlenk, the Warriors current assistant GM, is rumored to be among people the Kings might be interested for their GM opening.

Although we may be losing people to other jobs, it speaks to the management we have in place that other teams are interested in pursuing our staff. In the past, coaching and GM positions for the Warriors was a dead end. Nice to see things change for once.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Malone officially gone to the Kings, per reports. 4 Year deal worth 9M (4th year is a team option though). This was pretty much assumed once Ranadive purchased the team, but Malone has been a hot commodity for a few years now. I'm more concerned at how this affects our X's and O's this upcoming season.

Don't know if the Warriors are in the Market for another big name assistant, but looks like they'll be looking to promote internally. Pete Myers probably has the inside track to being promoted.

Also Travis Schlenk, the Warriors current assistant GM, is rumored to be among people the Kings might be interested for their GM opening.

Although we may be losing people to other jobs, it speaks to the management we have in place that other teams are interested in pursuing our staff. In the past, coaching and GM positions for the Warriors was a dead end. Nice to see things change for once.

A lot of THIS.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now looks like Schlenk is going to be sticking around. Kings hired D'Alessandro from the Nuggets and are rumored to be looking into Chris Mullin as an assistant or consultant.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now looks like Schlenk is going to be sticking around. Kings hired D'Alessandro from the Nuggets and are rumored to be looking into Chris Mullin as an assistant or consultant.

Do you think the prodigal son is making good decisions in the Mile High City? His decisions seem a bit strange, but I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt in the Karl situation. Letting the GM walk was the weirdest one to me. He was the biggest winner in that Howard trade from day 1. It isn't too often that an opposing front office gets the best of the Lakers.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the prodigal son is making good decisions in the Mile High City? His decisions seem a bit strange, but I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt in the Karl situation. Letting the GM walk was the weirdest one to me. He was the biggest winner in that Howard trade from day 1. It isn't too often that an opposing front office gets the best of the Lakers.

Tough to say. Denver is going to have a lot of turnover this upcoming season. They lost their GM and their Assistant GM, Head coach, and now Iggy is opting out. They had one of the deepest teams last year, so filling Iggy's role with a player like Chandler who is assumed going to be healthy shouldn't be a big problem. The problem is with the future of the franchise. Javale McGee is still on the books for big money. Gallo is coming off a season ending injury so it'll be interesting to see how he regains his form. Faried is locked up for another year before being eligible for a contract extension, which I estimate will be north of 12M a year.

The Nuggets have drafted well in the past and made some savy moves, but now that their whole front office is shifting, there's no telling which way they're gonna go. Ujiri was responsible for trading Melo and getting back Gallo, Chandler, Felton, and Mozgof. He also gave a cap friendly extension to Lawson and drafted Faried and Fournier. He was also able to get Andre Miller and pull off the move for Iggy.

This could be a team that could sink quickly if they're not able to keep drafting well and pulling moves when necessary. But that could be said for a lot of teams as well.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Woj has reported that the Warriors have shopped David Lee to get a gauge of his market value. They inquired to Toronto about Bargnani and also to the Blazers about Aldridge. I don't think moving Lee is imminent, but if the right deal comes along I think the Warriors will pull the trigger. Kawakami has said in past that Lacob is in love with Lee, but I think now we see that Lacob is about winning. If the move is right for the franchise, he'll do what is necessary.

Also Jerry West is going to be a part of the crew that meets with Howard. West is going to have a huge voice in this.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors also said to be meeting with Iguodala as well. I'm sure he's a secondary thought at this point after Howard, but I wonder what they could offer to temp him to come to GS. Furthermore I wonder what it would take from a trade perspective to make the Nuggets want to deal him to us in a sign and trade.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelicans made an offer of 4 years 48M to Tyreke Evans. If it wasn't already before, Curry's deal is looking like a complete steal.

Other Warriors news is that Darren Collison is on the list of backup PG's that could be reached out to if Jack departs.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors hoping to get something done early with Jack before all the teams call in driving up his asking price. Rumblings are the Warriors will offer somewhere in the 7M annual range for Jack. 3 years 21M would be acceptable for me.

Also the Kings, Nuggets, Mavs and Pistons all have inquired. Pistons have been said to want Calderon back, which probably puts a cap on what they will spend for Jack. Also Mavs have their hands tied until the Howard saga unfolds.