• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Off to the Cooler Confines of Colorado.....7/20-22

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if they can catch the laaaa alberts, but it'll be fun to watch.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That young catcher they got is having a very good season offensively.
Reading about that. Houston is all in it. Kazmir is a rental. JD won't make that mistake again.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. He's ahead of Ortiz, Thompson & Chi Chi. He's the best pitching prospect in system according to K.Law.

There's a good chance Law is jumping the gun here. He would have to be going completely on his collegiate career, and I find it hard to believe that a kid that some projected to be a late inning reliever is already ahead of JT and Ortiz.

I sure hope his psychic powers are correct though.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to throw this idea out there that I believe was mentioned by Ben Rogers first. The Dodgers have interest in Gallardo. We need a RH middle of the order bat. How about trading Gallardo plus Mazara (or another) for Puig? Puig and Mattingly do not get along which is the reason I think it could be possible. The kid is a head case, but he's competitive and is a huge talent. Beltre and Fielder might be able to help him grow as a man.

This was on MLBTR a week or so ago:
There is more and more talk of Yasiel Puig losing popularity with his Dodgers teammates, a major league source tells Cafardo. Puig was once viewed an untouchable player because of his talent, but the new regime does not feel that way at this time. Cafardo wonders aloud if they would move the slugger for a pitcher and pondered him as a match in a Cole Hamels deal with the Phillies.

Someone with Twitter should bring it up to Evan Grant and see if you can get a response.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to throw this idea out there that I believe was mentioned by Ben Rogers first. The Dodgers have interest in Gallardo. We need a RH middle of the order bat. How about trading Gallardo plus Mazara (or another) for Puig? Puig and Mattingly do not get along which is the reason I think it could be possible. The kid is a head case, but he's competitive and is a huge talent. Beltre and Fielder might be able to help him grow as a man.

There is more and more talk of Yasiel Puig losing popularity with his Dodgers teammates, a major league source tells Cafardo. Puig was once viewed an untouchable player because of his talent, but the new regime does not feel that way at this time. Cafardo wonders aloud if they would move the slugger for a pitcher and pondered him as a match in a Cole Hamels deal with the Phillies.

Someone with Twitter should bring it up to Evan Grant and see if you can get a response.

Puig was brought up a day or two ago. It was met with resounding disdain.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now include Beltre (albeit his injury) and show me Urias!

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pass. Clubhouse cancer + his lazy attitude = NO.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig was brought up a day or two ago. It was met with resounding disdain.

I was a disdainer then, as I am now.

Why on earth bring a guy in, regardless of talent, who you know is a headcase, hard to manage, and a clubhouse cancer?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to open a new thread for our Angel series unless someone else wants to do it.

If you want to do it, go ahead and open it up. I'll wait until about 5 to do so.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only if they take Choo too

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question for the Rangers to answer on Gallardo is how significant a return they would get. Houston sent only two mid-level prospects to Oakland for rental pitcher Scott Kazmir on Thursday. If the Rangers can’t get a more significant return, it may make sense to hold on to Gallardo and offer him a one-year qualifying offer in salary arbitration to assure themselves of a first-round compensation pick if he rejects the offer.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question for the Rangers to answer on Gallardo is how significant a return they would get. Houston sent only two mid-level prospects to Oakland for rental pitcher Scott Kazmir on Thursday. If the Rangers can’t get a more significant return, it may make sense to hold on to Gallardo and offer him a one-year qualifying offer in salary arbitration to assure themselves of a first-round compensation pick if he rejects the offer.

Isn't Kazmir under control for this season and next?

Honestly, I think Gallardo is a terrific pitcher. But he's a FA after this season, so to expect a whole lot more than what the Stros got may not be in the realistic card deck.

Do we know where the pick is if we keep Gallardo and make the offer? I mean, where does it "potentially" fall?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Kazmir under control for this season and next?

Honestly, I think Gallardo is a terrific pitcher. But he's a FA after this season, so to expect a whole lot more than what the Stros got may not be in the realistic card deck.

Do we know where the pick is if we keep Gallardo and make the offer? I mean, where does it "potentially" fall?

Somewhere between rounds 1 and two.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere between rounds 1 and two.

Pretty good "cat-bird" pick.

But hey, all we're doing is listening and kicking tires. Someone at some point, has to belly-up-to-the-bar, and then it b/c serious, and THEN and only THEN has either/both teams GM put their nuts in the vice.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we got a sandwich pick who could hit as well as the catching prospect that the Astros gave up I would be very happy. How high did we draft Cone, Skole and Deglan?