• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Now the Hated A's...7/25-27

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, but people were using the argument of "its just microfracture surgery, not tommy john. He'll come back just fine." Like 3 people were against me the other day.

I sorta think thats a ridiculous assumption to make, but whatever. I guess we'll see.
They (meaning the talking heads) were too optimistic because the cartilage damage was behind the patella rather than on a weight bearing bone...but it still takes time for that scar tissue to heal correctly.

No, I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, I'm a recipient of micro fracture surgery over a year ago, and my knee still has problems...my damage was on the femur and my knee is 20+ years older than Derek's, so my case is quite a bit different. But it's much more involved surgery than advertised, and rehab time is lengthy...

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one agreed. Said Harry and Lewis could not be counted on due to the injury and time off. Got opposition.

That was my argument as well. I was trying to say that we shouldve went and traded for a pitcher this offseason because you cant just say "x is coming back so we'll be fine." Well, if x took a year off from pitching, how can someone predict he'll come back fine? Pitching is an art that is necessary to be replicated in order to be perfected. If something keeps you from replicating it, like injury, then you cant assume it will be just fine.

There are so many little moving parts in pitching mechanics. That's why scouts marvel at "simple, easy mechanics." All it takes is one difference for an entire pitcher's results to change. If a pitcher is sitting on his ass for a year, you can't assume that every little thing he was doing will be the same. You just cant.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals are working on a deal with AJ Pierzynski. That's the last team I would've thought would want AJ.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They (meaning the talking heads) were too optimistic because the cartilage damage was behind the patella rather than on a weight bearing bone...but it still takes time for that scar tissue to heal correctly.

No, I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, I'm a recipient of micro fracture surgery over a year ago, and my knee still has problems...my damage was on the femur and my knee is 20+ years older than Derek's, so met case is quite a bit different. But it's much more involved surgery than advertised, and rehab time is lengthy...

Not only that, but one of the most promising basketball draft picks in Greg Oden's entire career was ruined by the surgery.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my argument as well. I was trying to say that we shouldve went and traded for a pitcher this offseason because you cant just say "x is coming back so we'll be fine." Well, if x took a year off from pitching, how can someone predict he'll come back fine? Pitching is an art that is necessary to be replicated in order to be perfected. If something keeps you from replicating it, like injury, then you cant assume it will be just fine.

There are so many little moving parts in pitching mechanics. That's why scouts marvel at "simple, easy mechanics." All it takes is one difference for an entire pitcher's results to change. If a pitcher is sitting on his ass for a year, you can't assume that every little thing he was doing will be the same. You just cant.
Can't dispute that. Feel the same.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JP you moron

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do guys who are not base stealers on our team like JPA and Gimenez get picked off. That is inexcusable.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin and I pushed for like the exact same things last offseason and in seemed like everyone else was totally against us haha. Not saying that everything we wanted wouldve been the right call, but still. Sometimes its hard to argue for an opinion you think is right when 20 other credible people think its wrong, but we stuck to them and did our best to make our case

You're correct too. For the record I also wanted to trade Profar + for Stanton way before that. I didn't care when everyone was worried about his hamstrings. 2 years later he is who I thought he was. I said at the time I could see this kid being in the 600 HR club one day. Especially if he gets out of Yosemite in Miami. I still think it's a strong possibility.

I believe we both wanted Gallardo too. Not positive though.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I'm seeing out of Williams so far..... Would be nice to beat these assholes and make their playoff push a little more difficult.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, I'm a recipient of micro fracture surgery over a year ago, and my knee still has problems...my damage was on the femur and my knee is 20+ years older than Derek's, so my case is quite a bit different. But it's much more involved surgery than advertised, and rehab time is lengthy...
You got a problem with Holiday Inns? :pound: