• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Now the Hated A's...7/25-27

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Rios + LJ + Sardinas. Probably still not enough.

That might get it done. I had already typed my joke about Cueto before I read your post about his 10 million dollar option, so mu post wasn't directed at yours. You are right though I would love to have any of the pitchers mentioned in that article

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked and he said that they called us and we told them that it would take stephenson. Then they told us that stephenson was untouchable. That's all I got haha

Stephenson is an AMAZING arm. I've watched videos on him before. Fastball 95-97 touching 99. Hard, sharp curveball that is + +. An average change up right now but projects to be above average in a couple years. Scouts say he's a no question ace or a 1b pitcher.

That was who I mentioned earlier but stated I knew that would not happen. I would take Ben Lively and another prospect. Sounds like we are selling high which is good.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When i say that the kid is good, I mean GOOD. As in, like someone that you could compare him to is like Ventura. Maybe even Harvey with a lesser change up.

It would take Rios + to get him.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, nick howard is also a kid I like that they have. He was their 1st or 2nd round pick this year. Still 2 years away, but great arm and seems like a great kid. Watched him pitch against my terps in the super regionals...bastard

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked and he said that they called us and we told them that it would take stephenson. Then they told us that stephenson was untouchable. That's all I got haha

Stephenson is an AMAZING arm. I've watched videos on him before. Fastball 95-97 touching 99. Hard, sharp curveball that is + +. An average change up right now but projects to be above average in a couple years. Scouts say he's a no question ace or a 1b pitcher.
Just don't think JD will get what he wants for Rios. I'd say he stays.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't think JD will get what he wants for Rios. I'd say he stays.

We match up very well with cincinatti. They have 3 power arms after checking with a quick google search, and to be honest I'd be fine with any of them. If it isnt stephenson, then maybe we get one of the other two guys and an outfielder. If its Stephenson, then he immediately becomes my favorite prospect we've had in the last 10 years

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We match up very well with cincinatti. They have 3 power arms after checking with a quick google search, and to be honest I'd be fine with any of them. If it isnt stephenson, then maybe we get one of the other two guys and an outfielder. If its Stephenson, then he immediately becomes my favorite prospect we've had in the last 10 years
Deadline is end of day Thursday? Cincy will probably think they are out of it by then. Hope not.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know anything about him, but his numbers aren't impressive in the minors.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anything Rio specific, but : The Reds have struggled recently, and it’s unclear what they’ll do at the trade deadline, MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon writes. If they end up buying, they’d like a hitter who can play more than one position. Injuries have hurt the Reds this season, and a number of bulky salaries in 2015 could impede their ability to upgrade. If they do decide to sell (although there does not appear to be much evidence that’s likely), they could make available a number of desirable pieces, including Johnny Cueto, Homer Bailey, Mat Latos and Mike Leake.

I'd like to have Latos.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yu needs to pitch Wed so we might send Jeter on his way with a final loss at Arlington Ball Parl.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yu needs to pitch Wed so we might send Jeter on his way with a final loss at Arlington Ball Parl.

we'll end up giving jeter a golden glove made of rattlesnake skin or something to emphasize a stereotype of DFW that is just absolutely not true

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll end up giving jeter a golden glove made of rattlesnake skin or something to emphasize a stereotype of DFW that is just absolutely not true

You've got to go 200 miles south or west of dfw to find a rattler. :L

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
latos is, and has always been my least favorite mlb player for the past 4 or 5 years however long. Such a dick.

Why? He's tatted up and might be too much of a bro out there, but he admits when he sucks.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? He's tatted up and might be too much of a bro out there, but he admits when he sucks.

He constantly yells at hitters/umpires when he pitches, talks shit before games about teams, and there are several videos on youtube of him just being a total dick to fans, including kids.

He's a competitor, sure. But he is the pitcher embodiment of aj pierzynski. I'd be willing to bet if you look at a list of the 10 most hated players in baseball he's on there or is close.

I'm of the opinion that when you play a sport, you shut up and play. You dont do all the other dramatic bs that david ortiz, AJP, Latos, and others do. Play the game that youre unreasonably getting paid millions for.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on latos, I'm a fan

Rios gets you a Mike Leake not a Latos though...and probably not even that

We'll see. Like I said, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world of we kept him.