• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame, why I HATE the Fighting Irish. Snowflakes should avoid this thread.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you wouldn't care, because your school couldn't even come close to matching that, and you prefer to be a neanderthal that cares only about simple minded shit like cfb.

It's not just me. Plenty of more accomplished schools than UMinn couldn't care less about your postings.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you wouldn't care, because your school couldn't even come close to matching that, and you prefer to be a neanderthal that cares only about simple minded shit like cfb.
Found the correct simple minded board.

These fucks are retarded.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just me. Plenty of more accomplished schools than UMinn couldn't care less about your postings.
More accomplished schools? Like who? Name me the non-Ivy League, non Stanford, MIT, UC-Berkeley, Univ of Michigan school that is more accomplished!!!

There might be one? Maybe Wisconsin?

Go on, name them??? If you can.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More accomplished schools? Like who? Name me the non-Ivy League, non Stanford, MIT, UC-Berkeley, Univ of Michigan school that is more accomplished!!!

There might be one? Maybe Wisconsin?

Go on, name them??? If you can.

Couldn't care less.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't care less.
Then why did you make the baseless claim then, if you didn't care? lol

You made it just because, like a child sticking their tongue out at someone.

My guess is that you DO care, but just that you can't back up your claim with ANY evidence, because you don't know any better, lol.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why did you make the baseless claim then, if you didn't care? lol

You made it just because, like a child sticking their tongue out at someone.

My guess is that you DO care, but just that you can't back up your claim with ANY evidence, because you don't know any better, lol.

Why devote any effort to something that no one cares about?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this is dumb but okay.

1. Being a Catholic school does not and has never meant only Catholics can attend.
2. They are a college like any other Boston College is a Catholic schools does everyone hate them.
3. My dad always watched ND football so I became a fan that is how I got started.
4. The school does a lot of good world wide.

I do have issues with Catholicism, I do feel they lie, ******, steal and have some fucked up values none of which have anything to do with ND. The only disparaging thing I have to say about ND is that they are in Indiana! Who the hell would want to live in Indiana?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No luck needed dude. ALL four of the Global Rankings found on ND's wikipedia page show that ND's not ranked very high at all.

170 in the THE ratings, 222 in the QS ratings, 238 in the USNWR ratings and between 301-400 in the ARWU ratings.

And I can go to

UMass and the Univ of Florida maybe? lol

The study those 2 schools put together have 9 different measurements and UMn outperforms ND in 6 of the 9. The only 3 ND rates higher than UMn in have nothing to do with performance, but have to do with what ND takes in. So they are actually a testament against ND, as ND seems to take in much more money and smarter students yet then turns around and doesn't perform, lol.

which explains why Minnesota has an acceptance rate of about 60%. Face it, Minny is the safety school for most high school seniors in the Midwest.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this is dumb but okay.

1. Being a Catholic school does not and has never meant only Catholics can attend.
2. They are a college like any other Boston College is a Catholic schools does everyone hate them.
3. My dad always watched ND football so I became a fan that is how I got started.
4. The school does a lot of good world wide.

I do have issues with Catholicism, I do feel they lie, ******, steal and have some fucked up values none of which have anything to do with ND. The only disparaging thing I have to say about ND is that they are in Indiana! Who the hell would want to live in Indiana?

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which explains why Minnesota has an acceptance rate of about 60%. Face it, Minny is the safety school for most high school seniors in the Midwest.
I'm not going to get join Fred's Lance lunacy, but u of MN isn't a safety school.

You need above average grades and testing. In terms of academics we're upper half of b1g.

But being your arguing with a lunatic I won't get too worked up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't like that, you aren't impressed with a UMner being the "real" Maverick, the real Top Gun, acclaimed as one of the best pilots in American history?

How about The Right Stuff? One of the original Apollo Astronauts, Deke Slayton?

How about the FIRST woman into space? She's in the International Space Hall of Fame, along with Deke and Robert Gilruth, the guy in charge of the Apollo program(Director of The Johnson Space Center), AND...

the fastest man on earth, John Stapp, who if a seatbelt has ever saved your life you can thank him for.

Or Leonard Edelen, another UMner, first man to break the 2 hour 15 minute marathon mark, so another kind of fastest man on earth. Only 8 Americans ever held this honor

Or how about the Fastest Computer on Earth? UMner Seymour Cray built the fastest computers on earth FOR DECADES!!!

Or how about the FIRST Internet, being called Gopher because it was created by UMners?

Space exploration and computers not your thing?

How about the FIRST musician ever to get awarded a Nobel Prize in literature? Bob Dylan?

Another UMner Nobel Winner saving billions of lives by sparking the Green Revolution?

How about only one other American public university being associated with more Nobel Prize winners than UMn?

All that Nobel sh1t not your thing?

How about Education? The FIRST American University built up from scratch in the 20th Century, USF, now one of the top research universities in the nation, built by a UMn alum?

Civil Rights? 1/3rd of the Big Six of the Civil Rights Movement were UMn alum! This does not include 2 of the 4 Congressional leaders who signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act being UMn alum as well.

Should I bring up Organ transplantation firsts and milestones? Or how a UMner inventing the Mass Spectrometer has impacted the medical fields as well as other sh1t like space exploration even? Or is that boring for you?

How about Science Fiction literature? Should I mention how UMners like Poul Anderson and Gordon R Dickson dominate sci fi literature? Not to mention a UMner's inventing the Particle Accelerator giving those writers one of their favorite devices for storylines.

Maybe the inventor of Dungeons and Dragons interests you, or is that too geeky?

And I hope you realize that I could do this ALL DAY LONG, lol.

what-i-cant-here-you.gif

gracias.gif

I didn't read any of your comment.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I figured out who you're talking about. CY and CA are their initials right? If so fred will say the first Notre Damer with 3,000+ MLB hits is invalid because of when he played.
Why would when he played make him invalid?

My questions are two.

#1 - Can ND claim him? Seems he didn't attend ND, the college, but some boarding school ND sponsors for high school aged kids. He then went to Univ of Iowa until they kicked him out.

#2 - Would ND want to claim him? lol Arguably the most racist pos in baseball history?

Does this mean ND was racist back then, or did he become a racist on his own right?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would when he played make him invalid?

My questions are two.

#1 - Can ND claim him? Seems he didn't attend ND, the college, but some boarding school ND sponsors for high school aged kids. He then went to Univ of Iowa until they kicked him out.

--------#2 - Would ND want to claim him? lol Arguably the most racist pos in baseball history?

Does this mean ND was racist back then, or did he become a racist on his own right?

Do you even know who I'm talking about? Who do you think CY & CA are?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of what I posted explains why UMn has an acceptance rate of about 60%. Taking in more than double the # of new students each year as Notre Dame takes in means if the same # of people try to get into UMn as try to get into ND, obviously UMn has more room and will take in more new students. Also UMn has the superior ability to teach up and train up students with lower SATs coming in. The evidence of this is seen in how UMn out ranks ND in all of the measurements that measure what each school produces/sends out into the world.

And no, lol, UMn is hardly a safety school for "most high school seniors in the Midwest". Your actually making such a dumb statement does not reflect well on you dude.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even know who I'm talking about? Who do you think CY & CA are?
Irish7478 said it was Carl Yastrzemski, a very good player for sure, and Cap Anson.

Cap Anson pushed hard for segregation in baseball. Why would a ND fan want to claim him even when it's possible they can't?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of what I posted explains why UMn has an acceptance rate of about 60%. Taking in more than double the # of new students each year as Notre Dame takes in means if the same # of people try to get into UMn as try to get into ND, obviously UMn has more room and will take in more new students. Also UMn has the superior ability to teach up and train up students with lower SATs coming in. The evidence of this is seen in how UMn out ranks ND in all of the measurements that measure what each school produces/sends out into the world.

And no, lol, UMn is hardly a safety school for "most high school seniors in the Midwest". Your actually making such a dumb statement does not reflect well on you dude.

minny has an acceptance rate of 60% because they aren’t very selective. It’s as simple as that. They have a large enrollment partially because it is so easy to get into. Notre Dame has an acceptance rate of less than 20%. About one third of minny’s. So actually, it seems like minny is definitely the safety school.