• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame, why I HATE the Fighting Irish. Snowflakes should avoid this thread.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I so badly wanted to hate that movie but I can’t. Haha
Yeah, I loved the movie Rudy, always have, always will. I just pretend it's a fictional story, lol.

The dick of a coach who almost didn't let Rudy play went to one of my schools, UM-Duluth. He played for a former Gopher there who went on to become the winningest coach in Div 2 cfb history, at the time of his retirement.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should care about hockey because some people we never met make good money playing it? How many soccer titles has UM won? Baseball? Basketball?
Minnesota has won 2-3 men's college bb titles, THREE College Baseball Titles. UMn at the time it won it's 3rd title ranked #2 in the nation in # of NCAA Baseball titles won all-time. It's won 5 NCAA Men's Hockey titles and a few others, some via national tournaments, others via ending the season ranked #1 in the polls. UMn's won the most NCAA Women's Hockey titles, and they won 1 of the 4 pre-NCAA National Tournament titles as well, the last one, in 2000. UMn doesn't have a men's soccer team. UMn's won 3 NCAA Wrestling titles, and a Men's Golf Natl Title, too, and a Men's Track Natl Title, with a runner up finish in Women's VB and several runner up finishes in Men's Gymnastics.

Around 1964 give or take a few years, UMn ranked Top 5 in Natl Titles won in ALL 4 of the Major League representative sports. Fb, bb, bsbl & hcky.

And UMn is STILL the only University in Div 1 with multiple Natl Titles in all 4 of the major league representative sports. ;)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota has won 2-3 men's college bb titles, THREE College Baseball Titles. UMn at the time it won it's 3rd title ranked #2 in the nation in # of NCAA Baseball titles won all-time. It's won 5 NCAA Men's Hockey titles and a few others, some via national tournaments, others via ending the season ranked #1 in the polls. UMn's won the most NCAA Women's Hockey titles, and they won 1 of the 4 pre-NCAA National Tournament titles as well, the last one, in 2000. UMn doesn't have a men's soccer team. UMn's won 3 NCAA Wrestling titles, and a Men's Golf Natl Title, too, and a Men's Track Natl Title, with a runner up finish in Women's VB and several runner up finishes in Men's Gymnastics.

Around 1964 give or take a few years, UMn ranked Top 5 in Natl Titles won in ALL 4 of the Major League representative sports. Fb, bb, bsbl & hcky.

And UMn is STILL the only University in Div 1 with multiple Natl Titles in all 4 of the major league representative sports. ;)
Sounds like UM used to be pretty strong athletically. During the Lyndon Johnson administration.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, hockey. The Miracle on Ice, that was all on the Gophers.

Former Gopher hockey players are making millions of dollars a year playing in the NHL, thank you.

UMn is the #1 feeder program to the US Hockey program ALL-TIME, and the #1 feeder to the NHL ALL-TIME as well.

I’m pretty sure that Boston players had a little something to do with the miracle on ice. Jim Craig and Mike Eurizone were not just spectators.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like UM used to be pretty strong athletically. During the Lyndon Johnson administration.
Yes they were, they were leaders in the Civil Rights Movement all during that time as well. The Pres of the NAACP throughout the civil rights era was a UMn alum. Of the 4 leaders in Congress in 1964, 2 were UMn Alum. Most haven't heard of the Republican one, but the Democrat, Hubert H Humphrey was a leader in the CRM.

We maintained that strength in basketball and hockey, culminating in the 1980 Miracle on Ice in hockey, and also got to the 1977 CWS in Baseball finishing 3rd, but changes in baseball were already making it hard for northern teams to compete against southern teams. Our football struggled the most of those 4 in the 70s.

The 80s started out good, but saw scandal hurt our bb program. Our hockey continued to do well. Baseball continued to slide right along with every other northern baseball program sliding as well. And football saw a glimmer of hope when Lou Holtz came around, but he left after only 2 years and took a bunch of top recruits and players with him who all helped Notre Dame win their last title in fb, I believe?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m pretty sure that Boston players had a little something to do with the miracle on ice. Jim Craig and Mike Eurizone were not just spectators.
Well, if ranking individual contributions to the 1980 team's success, Herb Brooks' contributions were absolutely #1 and it's not even close. Without his coaching theories and philosophies, the Russians would have been unstoppable.

But among the players, Craig's contributions were easily the most important, I can easily admit that much. Guy was a beast in the net and absolutely crucial. No player contributed more to that Gold Medal. After that, Eurizone was easily Top 5.

But the state of Minnesota contributed 12 of the 20 players and most of the coaching staff, and the hot young phenom player who got cut because he was considered an outsider by the rest was also a Gopher. And 9 of those 12 were Gophers.

But yeah, the Boston area players were the 2nd biggest contributors to that team's success.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start with this. Is Notre Dame the most Catholic University in the country as it claims to be?

I don't think it is.

They accept muslims, atheists, and openly practicing homosexuals, gave Obama an honorary degree and gave Biden it's highest award?

None of that seems very Catholic to me.

There's nothing worse than a University that claims to promote Jesus' teachings accepting all of these other groups.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of it all I see is hate
I haven't said anything negative about hot chicks, or good beer, or great movies, or great music, or great art. And I definitely haven't expressed anything negative or hateful regarding the Bible. Merely quoting the Bible is not being hateful.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't said anything negative about hot chicks, or good beer, or great movies, or great music, or great art. And I definitely haven't expressed anything negative or hateful regarding the Bible. Merely quoting the Bible is not being hateful.
200w.gif

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing worse than a University that claims to promote Jesus' teachings accepting all of these other groups.
You got that right. The worst thing a so-called Christian can do to someone, is to assure them that they do not have to change their ways to be accepted by God.

People who do that, are TRYING to get those people damned for eternity. That's not "loving your neighbor", that's a very hateful thing to do.

Right now, you have someone like me yelling at the people driving towards the cliff to stop. Bystanders who don't know there is a cliff ahead look at me and think I'm in the wrong, that I'm being hateful because I'm not letting people do whatever they want without trying to warn them.

And you are claiming it would be more loving to let them drive off the cliff???

There is a reason The Messiah confronted people and said "mean" things to them, even insulting some of them, and TELLING PEOPLE WHAT TO DO, if they wanted to do right. It was how he showed love to them.

Who is more loving, the parent who lets their child run out into the street to get run over, or the parent who screams at the top of their lungs at their child getting their attention and then spanking them for not listening from the start, so that they'll remember next time???

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got that right. The worst thing a so-called Christian can do to someone, is to assure them that they do not have to change their ways to be accepted by God.

People who do that, are TRYING to get those people damned for eternity. That's not "loving your neighbor", that's a very hateful thing to do.

Right now, you have someone like me yelling at the people driving towards the cliff to stop. Bystanders who don't know there is a cliff ahead look at me and think I'm in the wrong, that I'm being hateful because I'm not letting people do whatever they want without trying to warn them.

And you are claiming it would be more loving to let them drive off the cliff???

There is a reason The Messiah confronted people and said "mean" things to them, even insulting some of them, and TELLING PEOPLE WHAT TO DO, if they wanted to do right. It was how he showed love to them.

Who is more loving, the parent who lets their child run out into the street to get run over, or the parent who screams at the top of their lungs at their child getting their attention and then spanking them for not listening from the start, so that they'll remember next time???

It's not up to any of us to decide who will be accepted by God. That's between God and the individual. Anyone claiming to know God's will is a buffoon.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not up to any of us to decide who will be accepted by God. That's between God and the individual. Anyone claiming to know God's will is a buffoon.
It's called the Bible. And the Bible is very clear regarding who will NOT be accepted.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Johns Hopkins lacrosse players are not making millions of dollars a year to play professional lacrosse, are they? LOL

no, they are probably making millions as top doctors. And they played and won national championships. do you think winning hockey equates to top doctors winning national championships. Actuall, you probably do. Must of us rank hockey up there with lacrosse. just curious, how many Minnesota hockey players are making millions per year.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a hint. God didn't write the Bible. Men did.
I can prove you wrong about that. First there is the obvious, the Bible claims God inspired all the words to be written. Second, internal evidence proves it couldn't have been written by ancient man.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stench that permeates the air and travels aggressively from the core of the university, tarnishes everything good and pure and rains upon the decent people with a foul and pungent blanket of entitlement.

The best thing however about Notre Dame is that it's 800 miles west of here and never getting any closer