• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Northern Illinois at Iowa

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on BTN.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited to watch Rudock!

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weisman coughed it up. That's what happen when you run 9x in 11 plays or whatever it is.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirksey is the man!!! Iowa's LB corps is amazing. Rest of the defense is terrible.

Rudock is amazing with a bad line and no receivers with hands. I think Iowa is using their RBs backwards. They run Bullock when they should run Weisman.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well they don't look that bad, but are way conservative right now to get Jake some feel for the game; however they really needed to punch it in this last time vs a field goal, esp when they gave up the field goal earlier

Iowa looks to be the better team for now, but the o line needs to dominate the rest of the way to make this a win

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep now that's the drive I was hoping to see last time, if Iowa can play like this, it will be a blow out, time to assert your size and weight and play ball, Go Hawks!

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been excited to see Rudock play since he verbally committed to Iowa and yelled at Miami (FL). I think he has amazing accuracy and good awareness. He can work on his power a bit.

Once the receivers started catching the ball, Iowa started looking a lot better.

I also wish the DL would put more pressure on Lynch. The LBs are doing amazing blitzing.

The defense has contained Lynch pretty good.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree, but I have to feel the DL for both teams has the hardest job on the field today due to the heat, those are big bodies that have burn and churn every play...but I would like a sack or some TFL's at least, I think only Alvis has one at this point

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halftime stats

Iowa - 16 first downs, 302 total yards (188 passing, 114 rushing)
Northern Illinois - 10 first downs, 200 total yards (140 passing, 60 rushing)

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa has surprised me

Iowa is showing offense. I thought with a new QB and mostly a new defense Iowa would struggle this year.

Defense is so - so, because it looks like Northern Illinois really does not have a passing game. Iowa is playing the run hard.

It looks like an Iowa win to me. Egg on my face.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the announcers say it was 163 degrees on the field at the start? Wow.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew this game was lost on the fake punt...why in the hell would you pass and not run Weisman down there to kick the field goal at the end is beyond me. Sure you can say it was Jake's fault and I guess it was, throw was bad, but that is also a super shitty call by Davis if you ask me...you don't put a kid in his first start in that situation. After the fake punt, not suprised at this outcome at all, expected it.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew this game was lost on the fake punt...why in the hell would you pass and not run Weisman down there to kick the field goal at the end is beyond me. Sure you can say it was Jake's fault and I guess it was, throw was bad, but that is also a super shitty call by Davis if you ask me...you don't put a kid in his first start in that situation. After the fake punt, not suprised at this outcome at all, expected it.

Not to mention 2 possessions earlier-we run the ball like 6 straight times, all for gains and have momentum and their Defense tired...then we throw 30 yards down field on 3rd and 1to end the drive..

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It stings, but I saw plenty of positives from our young QB and KMM played way better than he ever did last year.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also hard to imagine how we will do going forward with no pass rush as well. Should have listened to Hoops and just been a downer this year, then when they win I will be happily surprised. That is my new outlook, lucky to win 3 games this season, so if they win more, yay! But if we get 3, I think that will be about right.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pissed we lost...should have won...we will be an 8 win team...I saw a lot of good things today...Rudock is a keeper

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HRURF,

Did we see the same game today? No way on earth Iowa wins 8 games THIS year!!!

Yes, Rudock is going to be good. I was pleased with what I saw from his first game. But that is about it for the whole team. I better add that Iowa's running game looked pretty solid - thanks to a good offensive line!

Iowa's defense gave up 30 points to a MAC team (that is pretty good in my opinion...but not great.) No pass rush to speak of. And let's not forget, Iowa's defense can't get to a QB that is in some form of the shotgun. Hitchens looks reallllll good!!! But the secondary couldn't cover anything deep. Take away Kirksey's forced fumble and TD return and this game looks a lot different.

I saw far too many coaching errors today. Weisman should have had 175 yards rushing and Bullock another 150...but no...passes were called instead of running plays - especially when Weisman was getting 6-8 yards per carry in the second half. Would have liked to have seen Meyer get the call at 4th and 8 instead of going for it. 3rd and 1 and Iowa throws incomplete long. To help Rudock out...should have had 3-4 running plays to every 1 pass play. Letting Iowa's size on offensive line do its damage would have made life easier for Rudock today.

Iowa should not have lost this game today!!! No other way to say it. Seven losses in a row now...that's sickening!!!

Iowa blows out Missouri St next weekend which is now a meaningless game. And UNI beats ISU by 8. Yikes...what an opening weekend in the State of Iowa for football.

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was just a bad throw in the end. sucks because Jake played so well all game too. :\ The run game did fairly well, but a part of that is because the field was getting spread w/ the passes out in the flat enough to keep them honest. The one 3rd and 1 I really liked the deep ball (it was so close) the next two should have been runs to move the chains though. I'd say those were the only play calls that I questioned in the game.

The team is definitely a lot better than last year.. At the end of the day the -2 turnover margin killed us.. The Hawks defense just isn't good enough to overcome that w/ the young d-line and secondary with a couple question marks. The secondary hopefully gets their shit fixed being film junkies this week. I do think they'll win the next 5 games though.