• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Non Mariners Baseball News

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOW and I thought the Seager-Weaver thing was good.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better video

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"average" Dallas Keuchel about to win his 20th game, and in strong contention for the Cy Young award.

How you doing, Lloyd?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"average" Dallas Keuchel about to win his 20th game, and in strong contention for the Cy Young award.

How you doing, Lloyd?

I wish we could have 'average' players like that. We just get stuck with average average players.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this was the guy in the finals for M's job. time will tell.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Astros won, and now Geoff Baker is drunk tweeting.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And replay official calls Utley safe because he says SS never touched bag though neither did runner.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of this slide?

I am actually ok with it. Might get some heat for that but I get and understand that and wont argue with anyone that has difference of opinion. In my opinion his intent wasn't to break the guys leg it was to win the game.

Just curious what others think of this kind of play?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of this slide?

I am actually ok with it. Might get some heat for that but I get and understand that and wont argue with anyone that has difference of opinion. In my opinion his intent wasn't to break the guys leg it was to win the game.

Just curious what others think of this kind of play?

I think it was as cheap of a hit as I have seen in 37 years of watching baseball. He had no intent of even trying to be safe. And for the record, you can't ask the question regarding the slide since in reality it was a tackle. Not arguing that you aren't entitled to your view on it, but he actually broke the rule and should have been called for it since the rule states you have to start your 'slide' before the bag and be able to reach the bag which neither happened. What is next, taking out the 1B on a close play all in the name of trying to win a game? Just saying.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And for the record, every former player whose comments I have seen posted/re-posted via twitter including Howard Johnson say it was cheap and he is notorious for being cheap.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Upton just tweeted that if it was a Superstar shortstop we would have the Tulo rule tomorrow and it's true.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was as cheap of a hit as I have seen in 37 years of watching baseball. He had no intent of even trying to be safe. And for the record, you can't ask the question regarding the slide since in reality it was a tackle. Not arguing that you aren't entitled to your view on it, but he actually broke the rule and should have been called for it since the rule states you have to start your 'slide' before the bag and be able to reach the bag which neither happened. What is next, taking out the 1B on a close play all in the name of trying to win a game? Just saying.
First off, fair enough, its not a slide. Question should be what do you think of the play not slide? Believe me I know the rule and I fully understand/respect your take on the play and completely agree it is not a legal slide. I just don't have a problem with him taking the guy out in an effort to prevent the throw to first, that's really it.
Maybe the umps start cracking down on this sort of tackle, which they should in order to prevent injury but as far as trying to win the game I am good with it.

P.S. I am truly not trying to argue I enjoy conversations about baseball/sports and getting different perspectives about it. I fully know I will likely be in the minority on this one though.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, fair enough, its not a slide. Question should be what do you think of the play not slide? Believe me I know the rule and I fully understand/respect your take on the play and completely agree it is not a legal slide. I just don't have a problem with him taking the guy out in an effort to prevent the throw to first, that's really it.
Maybe the umps start cracking down on this sort of tackle, which they should in order to prevent injury but as far as trying to win the game I am good with it.

P.S. I am truly not trying to argue I enjoy conversations about baseball/sports and getting different perspectives about it. I fully know I will likely be in the minority on this one though.

I do respect your opinion and have no problem with you having it, but my point is where does it stop if it all is considered 'trying to save an out' if you will. I mean if Kershaw is on the mound should you bunt down the 1B line then just blow him up when he goes to field it? Your chance of winning goes up tremendously and worst case is you lose a player. Would we think the same if that was Marte on the other end of it? Just asking and I am not arguing it with malice either. Good conversation like we always have and with much respect.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do respect your opinion and have no problem with you having it, but my point is where does it stop if it all is considered 'trying to save an out' if you will. I mean if Kershaw is on the mound should you bunt down the 1B line then just blow him up when he goes to field it? Your chance of winning goes up tremendously and worst case is you lose a player. Would we think the same if that was Marte on the other end of it? Just asking and I am not arguing it with malice either. Good conversation like we always have and with much respect.

I would say it stops when you take the massive benefit of doing it out of the game. Which if the umpires actually enforced the written rules it would/should stop. It should be interference and an automatic double play IMO. They need to stop rewarding the play if you want it to stop.

In the example with the pitcher/bunt I think is a different kind of discussion because that would be a play with the sole intent to cause injury. In a double play situation the intent is to disrupt a double play sometimes that results in an injury.

If this happened to Marte and he broke his leg I would be more upset that he is injured and we lost the game on a dirty play. But to me its hard to blame the guy who did the slide/tackle, in my opinion breaking up double plays is the norm in the game. If the guy doesn't get hurt I am not sure many people would have noticed or cared.