• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No neck damage for Colt McCoy

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update 12/10

McCoy said it's disc and nerve related but can't further injure his neck.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keim

McCoy said he expects to start if healthy. Decision mostly about his health but he has given others opening to take reps

Zac

Gruden intends to announce his starter tomorrow after practice. Believes he will then have enough information to make a decision.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly do not understand what purpose starting Colts serves. As mentioned he does all that bad things the other 2 QBs do, specifically taking sacks and turning it over. OK so he's not as bad as Griffin on the sacks or Cousins on the turnovers but he more than makes up for that by failing to, you know, score points as j posted earlier.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly do not understand what purpose starting Colts serves. As mentioned he does all that bad things the other 2 QBs do, specifically taking sacks and turning it over. OK so he's not as bad as Griffin on the sacks or Cousins on the turnovers but he more than makes up for that by failing to, you know, score points as j posted earlier.

DGF... I know you want to see him play again. BUt honestly, lack of points production should NOT be a reason to put Griffin in as he has been the least productive of all the QBs as far as putting up points goes. The real reason to put him in is to see if he has been able to correct any of his flaws even a little over the past two weeks.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DGF... I know you want to see him play again. BUt honestly, lack of points production should NOT be a reason to put Griffin in as he has been the least productive of all the QBs as far as putting up points goes. The real reason to put him in is to see if he has been able to correct any of his flaws even a little over the past two weeks.

I believe even that will serve little to no purpose. As Steve Young & others have maintained - RG3 is not going to improve that much in season barring a miracle. If he is going to improve it is going to be via hours & hours of preparation with coaches, watching video, etc. over the offseason.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually I posted that I think they should go back to Cousins. Griffin is a lost cause, at least for this year. IMO they should hold on to him, as he has no trade value and still offers a glimmer, just a glimmer, of hope of being a good QB some day. Let's use the offseason to see if he can get his shit together, meanwhile start the only QB on the team who has consistently moved the ball and scored points. I was really critical of Cousins but it boggles my mind how Gruden has buried the guy and gone with 2 other totally unproductive QBs.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think KC could benefit the most from playing

he sure could use a win or too

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I posted that I think they should go back to Cousins. Griffin is a lost cause, at least for this year. IMO they should hold on to him, as he has no trade value and still offers a glimmer, just a glimmer, of hope of being a good QB some day. Let's use the offseason to see if he can get his shit together, meanwhile start the only QB on the team who has consistently moved the ball and scored points. I was really critical of Cousins but it boggles my mind how Gruden has buried the guy and gone with 2 other totally unproductive QBs.

Got to wonder if Cousins benching came from on high more than from the coach. OR shall I say pressure from on high to win now caused the coach to pull the trigger on a QB change sooner than he might have wanted to.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't understand the decision to start Colt (if, in fact that becomes the decision). The only rationale would be for Gruden to just stick it to Allen and Snyder. Kinda as a way to say "Fuck you guys, I'm not Jim Zorn. Its my call and if you don't like my calls, fire me".

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't understand the decision to start Colt (if, in fact that becomes the decision). The only rationale would be for Gruden to just stick it to Allen and Snyder. Kinda as a way to say "Fuck you guys, I'm not Jim Zorn. Its my call and if you don't like my calls, fire me".

look i dont think any quarterback has earned the right to start. so i can see him saying colt is my best chance to win fast

gruden has to get wins period

and gruden would be right , it is his call and the FO should back him

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A coaching trying to lose to get back at management is committing career suicide and no coach is that stupid. I buy Dad's thought that he honestly thinks Colt gives him the best chance to win. He feels so burned by Cousins' turnovers that he is picking again the tallest midget in his mind.

Me? I know all about Colt. As Dennis Green once said he is who we thought he was so what's the point of trotting him out over and over again? In a lost season seems to be it makes more sense to start a young QB who who shows promise but has things to work out.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A coaching trying to lose to get back at management is committing career suicide and no coach is that stupid. I buy Dad's thought that he honestly thinks Colt gives him the best chance to win. He feels so burned by Cousins' turnovers that he is picking again the tallest midget in his mind.

Me? I know all about Colt. As Dennis Green once said he is who we thought he was so what's the point of trotting him out over and over again? In a lost season seems to be it makes more sense to start a young QB who who shows promise but has things to work out.

So if it makes no sense to you (or me) to start Colt since we know who he is, then why does Gruden, who knows more about football than you and I combined, believe in him??? Either somebody is way off base or there are other motives occurring.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins lost games, Colt didn't win them. That's the difference in Gruden's mind.

That's all I got.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since both Griff and KC got equal reps at practice yesterday, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see either of them play come Sunday if Colt doesn't.

Apparently practice was different with all Qbs throwing to the primary targets. No real focus on How the Gnats might defend. How this is a recipe for success I do not know.

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since both Griff and KC got equal reps at practice yesterday, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see either of them play come Sunday if Colt doesn't.

Apparently practice was different with all Qbs throwing to the primary targets. No real focus on How the Gnats might defend. How this is a recipe for success I do not know.

*back yard huddle - you go left, you go right and I'll drop a bomb right down the middle - BREAK!*

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dam we just keep hurting people. Rams DC have a bounty gate going on? I love it!

Broke Romo's ribs. Knocked Carson Palmer out for year. Knocked the piss out of Emmanuel Sanders - out for game. I'm leaving out more.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dam we just keep hurting people. Rams DC have a bounty gate going on? I love it!

Broke Romo's ribs. Knocked Carson Palmer out for year. Knocked the piss out of Emmanuel Sanders - out for game. I'm leaving out more.

Nah, just a sweet D that we helped you obtain :D

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali you speak the truth.

I felt bad when Fisher had all of those picks go out for the coin toss last week. But I guess he did it for Shanny and was saying, "Snyder you are an idiot".

Thank you!! ;)

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali you speak the truth.

I felt bad when Fisher had all of those picks go out for the coin toss last week. But I guess he did it for Shanny and was saying, "Snyder you are an idiot".

Thank you!! ;)

You are probably right on Fishers motivation. He's done that type of thing before.

Don't want to say you're welcome...so I'll just say good luck. :happyshake: