• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NMSU @AZ

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job coach. Excellent quick timeout call

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope Rondae stays another year

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope Rondae stays another year

99% chance he comes back. This year's draft will be loaded unlike any other. He is a smart guy and has a good support system. Players don't enter the draft unless they are guaranteed a first round spot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99% chance he comes back. This year's draft will be loaded unlike any other. He is a smart guy and has a good support system. Players don't enter the draft unless they are guaranteed a first round spot.

Unless your name is Grant Jerrett.....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

... Grant Jerrett did not have a good support system. He got bad advice.

Jerrett is also a 6'10" guy who can consistently shoot the 3, which is one of the most valued player-types in the NBA.

Rondae is a very good player and will be a very good pro, but no NBA team is going to take a flyer on a 6'7" guy with developing skills. If he was a knock-down three point shooter, had an advanced mid-range then it would be a different story, but as good as Rondae is, right now there are 100s of guys who are 6'7" with his level of skill. Give it another year or two of development and he could be a high-first rounder, but not now and most definitely not in this draft, it's too loaded.

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think gumby is right about Ronda's though. Last years draft wasn't as loaded. This year is insane with talent. Rondae is great but I can see him BARELY make the second round if he goes. It would be smarter for him to stay. Man I'm excited to see this guy's improvement next year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondae has always been a great defensive player in HS, but you can tell now that the college game is slowing down for him. He is moving his feet so well right now, is in the right position. He has the potential to be one of the all-time-great defenders from the UofA.

Iguodala style.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Gordon's FT shooting is... 1/2 of them he has perfect form, and the ball does not hit the rim. He shoots a perfect FT.

... but the other 1/2 are ugly as hell. It's weird, definitly not a matter of mechanics, it's all in his head. A guy like Shaq was terrible because he had terrible mechanics (his hands are too big). Gordon just needs to settle down and clear his head.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I was just trying to be a smart ass regarding Jerrett. I was shocked when I heard he was declaring. Sure he's 6'10 and can shoot the 3 but he clearly wasn't ready for the nba. I agree GS, he got some bad advice from what I've heard. Looks like he tried taking advantage of a weak 2013 draft knowing that the 2014 draft is loaded.

I'm with you guys on RJ. He's at minimum a 2 year player if not 3 IMO. He needs to develop a jump shot to his game.

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell it's all mental with Aaron. He is a humble kid but puts so much pressure on himself to perform a certain way it seems. If he isn't successful, he loses confidence which leads to more pressure and the cycle continues. he should take a tai chi class or get a massage, sometimes a break is a great way to help you regain your focus. I don't know. Just my opinion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell it's all mental with Aaron. He is a humble kid but puts so much pressure on himself to perform a certain way it seems. If he isn't successful, he loses confidence which leads to more pressure and the cycle continues. he should take a tai chi class or get a massage, sometimes a break is a great way to help you regain your focus. I don't know. Just my opinion.

... I just think that when you miss the rim, on two consecutive Free-Throw attempts, it has to be mental. Not sure how many people on these forums played basketball on a team, but I can tell you that my experience was that FT shooting in a pressure situation is... hard to describe.

I've made 100+ FTs in a row, when shooting in a gym by myself... but when it's in a game and your team needs to have the points, your knees start to wobble and the rim looks like it's moving.

Gordon has a nice form (a little too far out in front, but he will fix that). Problem has to be in his head.

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell Brandon REALLY wants to score on the newphawe kid. He needs to let the game come to him. Can't force it or it will lead to a bad shot selection like it did.

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... I just think that when you miss the rim, on two consecutive Free-Throw attempts, it has to be mental. Not sure how many people on these forums played basketball on a team, but I can tell you that my experience was that FT shooting in a pressure situation is... hard to describe.

I've made 100+ FTs in a row, when shooting in a gym by myself... but when it's in a game and your team needs to have the points, your knees start to wobble and the rim looks like it's moving.

Gordon has a nice form (a little too far out in front, but he will fix that). Problem has to be in his head.

Yeah I haven't played basketball any higher than at the High school level. I love the game, but I wasn't ever a standout player. I understand the whole mental thing you are describing though. A big part of the game is mental. I agree that Aaron definitely looks great mechanically though. I have no doubt he will only continue to get better. Too bad he won't be here next year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
York has blocked two 3-pointers tonight. Very impressive for a 6'1" guy. I mean, we all know he has hops, but he is closing out 100% stronger than he was last year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaleb: 5-5 from the floor and 4-4 from the ft line. Talk about efficiency!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a great game, glad to see them pull away and really make the point that they belong in the top spot. No hangover. Gotta take it to Ann Arbor!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a great game, glad to see them pull away and really make the point that they belong in the top spot. No hangover. Gotta take it to Ann Arbor!!

Touché my friend. Let's get the Ann Arbor thread going! Stoked!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well congrats Andre Williams for winning the Doak Walker Award; not even gonna hate on him personally. Just a bit upset that Ka'Deem couldn't even get a shout out at the start of the awards, especially since they mentioned the other 2 running backs. Anyways, I'm over it. I hope Ka'Deem uses this as motivation and absolutely goes ham against BC and shows the nation who the real best rb is. BTFD