• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NMSU @AZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's game day baby! First game defending our number 1 ranking and I fully expect every teams best shot. As long as we limit the turn overs and hit the glass hard, I think we got this. BTFD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have not seen it yet, there is a great article on Grantland today about Andre Iguodala, with quotes from Coach Olson, Steve Kerr and Luke Walton. It's about his journey from unknown HS kid to NBA star. A very good read for any UofA Basketball Junkie.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know NMSU will have their best game of the season (like every other team vs. us) so we better be ready. Bear Down

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CU will rattle you. Its scary playing down there!

No one cares about CU. They're a bunch of unintelligent poser fans. They seriously said after the KU win that they should be able to compete with Arizona and Kansas for recruits now... You kidding me? CU is signing 3 star guys.

funny shit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have not seen it yet, there is a great article on Grantland today about Andre Iguodala, with quotes from Coach Olson, Steve Kerr and Luke Walton. It's about his journey from unknown HS kid to NBA star. A very good read for any UofA Basketball Junkie.

Excellent find GumbySquad. That was some good reading. The writer did an outstanding job capturing Iggy's basketball journey IMO. There's also some funny one liners. Iggy is one of my favorite cats of all time. I was a student at he UofA when played there and I remember watching him rack up triple doubles like no other. If I'm correct, he's only 1 of 2 players in PAC 10 history to record multiple triple doubles in a single season. The other being Jason Kidd. Those early 2000 UofA teams are some of my favorite teams of all time.

It's refreshing to see that that Iggy idolizes someone like Pippen, especially since most kids out there are infatuated with Jordan and want to be exactly like him. Dont get me wrong, I'm a big Jordan fan but Pippen was an amazing player who put his team first at the cost of living in Jordan's shadow. I definately see some similarities between Iggy and Pippen. Both guys are excellent passers and great athletes and heck, they even have similar body types. I'm happy that Iguadala is having success with the Warriors. He's surrounded by good talent and I hope they can make some noise this year.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson had 4 pts. Wont happen that much.

It won't, you're right. But when it does... those are almost automatic losses. And that's what should worry you. If Bach only gets 4 points, same thing. If Marshall only goes for 4, it's also a loss. If any AZ player only goes for 4 points, the rest of the team doesn't blink, and the team goes on to win.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit! Wont be on tonight guys. Have a dinner to go to. I know, I'd rather watch the game.

I'll be on when I get home for a bit to recap it.

BTFD!!!!

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?

I wanted to watch, "The Drive" no one cares about basketball..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks directv....not like I wanted to watch the game or anything. Fml

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Mexico State knows that they can't match-up, so they are running a junk defense.

You hardly ever see a triangle and two, because if the three guys not being covered have any skill they can score at will. Have to get the balls in the corners, and knock down open shots.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans of teams that are not relevant do not care about basketball. The rest of us love it.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey,

You guys don't look like the #1 team.

Regards,
WhoDat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WhoDat... we get it, you are attempting to troll a UofA basketball game thread, as per the usual. You have it tattooed across your forehead.

Subtlety is not one of your strengths.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WhoDat... we get it, you are attempting to troll a UofA basketball game thread, as per the usual. You have it tattooed across your forehead.

Subtlety is not one of your strengths.

Hahaha.. I honestly jumped on P12N to watch "The Drive" and unfortunately saw you guys playing this 7'6" monster. So I'm taking my frustration out on you. I'm leaving (unless it stays close).. I will add something though, Zues needs to be more physical on D.. Really good offensive player.. But IMO that's where you'll get beat.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick around if you are bored. No need to leave. Just know that nobody is going to take your bait and fight with you.

yeah, all of the players on the UofA have been up and down. Have a lot of room to improve and they played tight last week. Not sure how this game will wind up, but Arizona is beatable. Just have to take care of home court and make sure not to play down to the level of competition.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey GumbySquad. Give me an update on our game. I can only watch on gamecast cuz I'm stuck at work. By the looks of things, it appears that Ashley is off to a hot start and we are killing it on the glass, especially on the offensive end.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey GumbySquad. Give me an update on our game. I can only watch on gamecast cuz I'm stuck at work. By the looks of things, it appears that Ashley is off to a hot start and we are killing it on the glass, especially on the offensive end.

Check your inbox, I sent you an update.