• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NMSU @AZ

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to remember the big target on our backs. Beating AZ is a ticket-puncher for anyone with 20 wins in March. I do think that AZ will need this game before heading to Ann Arbor for the weekend.

Need to play focused, defensive, team basketball. We have to remember last year being ranked #3, that every game was a dog-fight to hold off teams who want the win. We have to want it more than they do, and then go out and get it.

Hopefully, we can put this game away by the midpoint of the second half, so we can give our starters a rest for Michigan, and get the bench in to have some more minutes.

Something makes me think that we are going to get everyone's best game though, and that we won't see an easy game until Southern.

Every team wants to be on top, well, here it is. Now you have to keep it.

Bear Down

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, good tough game played by UNLV.

I hope UA will continue to play hungry because sometimes it is easier to obtain that #1 than it is to hold on to it.
GO CATS! BEAR DOWN! :yahoo:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NMSU is a much better team than UNLV. We better be ready to bring it.

I think that NMSU is better in the stats, but they are really going to have to bring it to play as well as UNLV did yesterday. Problem is, I have to think they will play really well. Hopefully we play better than we did yesterday, and then we really don't have to worry too much about it.

I really think that UNLV played like a top 20-25 ranked team yesterday.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid win by Oregon.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got UNLV at Thomas and Mack

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plain and simple.. no easy gamea from here on it. Gotta bring it every game. Beardown

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NMSU is usually just a pesky annoying team whenever we play them. They will try to stick around but ultimately Arizona's size and talent will put them away. I'm thinking a 15-23 point win. First game as #1 so we all know NMSU will be fired up.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NMSU has a guy who is 7'5 and his redshirting brother who is also on NMSU is 7'3........O_O

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NMSU has a guy who is 7'5 and his redshirting brother who is also on NMSU is 7'3........O_O

They had that 7'5" guy last year too, and lost to some pretty weak teams. And they actually start two centers (the other guy is 6'10". Good thing we can rebound. Even with the height advantage, how high are their verticals? I think that our guys can get up higher than them. Oh, and how well can a guy that tall run the floor against us in transition?

I don't think he will be our biggest problem. They have some guards who can shoot. Those guys will be the ones we need to shut down.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had that 7'5" guy last year too, and lost to some pretty weak teams. And they actually start two centers (the other guy is 6'10". Good thing we can rebound. Even with the height advantage, how high are their verticals? I think that our guys can get up higher than them. Oh, and how well can a guy that tall run the floor against us in transition?

I don't think he will be our biggest problem. They have some guards who can shoot. Those guys will be the ones we need to shut down.

Yea. I know the bigs for NMSU won't be a problem, they're way too slow and not that talented. 7'5+ guys never last long. I see him being on a poster in his near future.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. I know the bigs for NMSU won't be a problem, they're way too slow and not that talented. 7'5+ guys never last long. I see him being on a poster in his near future.

Like this guy????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trmewXre_dE]Nick Johnson Posterizes 7'2" - YouTube[/ame]

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shout out to Derrick Williams for dropping a career high 31 points tonight! Had the top play of the night too! Today was a good day for all Wildcats. Besides Gronk :(

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6NuXhLN0cg&feature=c4-overview&list=UU-Ba10Rmz8pFivAVdQNeFyw]Derrick Williams Full Highlights 2013.12.09 vs Mavericks - Career-High 31 Pts, 5 Stls - YouTube[/ame]

Just showing what the Suns missed......... Also trying to make friends.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shout out to Derrick Williams for dropping a career high 31 points tonight! Had the top play of the night too! Today was a good day for all Wildcats. Besides Gronk :(

No doubt. I watched most of that game, because, well, I'm a basketball junkie. Since the trade from the TWolves Derrick has gotten all he ever needed to be successful: Sustained minutes. Problem with Adelman is that his old school "I don't play rookies, and if they make one mistake they hit the bench" mentality, compounded with the fact that Kevin Love is on the roster hindered D-Will's development.

The only way to get better is to play the game against the best of the best. Not to practice the game and only see the court for spot minutes. Lucky for D-Will, the Kings are rebuilding, with a young coach, so he is in the perfect position to be able to play through his mistakes.

here are the highlights of last nights game. Vintage D-Will, doing it from all over the court. btw, he also had 5 steals to go with his 31 points (12/16 FGs)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6NuXhLN0cg]D-Will vs Mavericks[/ame]