• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question! I'm surprised that Fowler is playing better too and as far as JMart is concerned, I don't see how his hot bat can be taken out of the lineup right now.

Fowler had the play of the year, only one better was the homer that bounced off Canseco's head.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Shildt gonna do when Bader gets healthy. Will he be a Mo puppet and keep playing Fowler, who I admit is playing a bit better, or put the red hot Martinez in right field?

But I am tired of hearing Dan McGlaughlin say, "that man can flat out it", every time JMart gets a hit.
It will be interesting to see how he handles it. My guess is that it'll be a constant shuffle. It's pretty cool what Martinez is doing. He's pretty much been a lifetime minor league player.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how he handles it. My guess is that it'll be a constant shuffle. It's pretty cool what Martinez is doing. He's pretty much been a lifetime minor league player.

Can I get an AMEN on it's time to start getting a little revenge against the Brew Crew beginning tonight?

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wacha retro'd to the 10 day IL...tendinitis in patella. Spanish conquistador called up to start tomorrow, Robinson brought up for todays game.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I get an AMEN on it's time to start getting a little revenge against the Brew Crew beginning tonight?
AMEN!
Pretty big series for the Cards. Keeping the Brew Crew behind us in the standings would be great.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah. The Dodgers did enough harm. Time for a rebound for the boys from Milwaukee.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CUBS have been playing some solid baseball lately, and have bear clawed their way back to .500. With Rizzo, Bryant, Schwarber and Zoe struggling early at the plate, it’s hard to believe we are +17 in run differential. All this without our closer and Addison Russell.

I don’t think Morrow comes back this season, but Addison will be back next month. The Cubs big bats of Rizzo, Bryant, Schwarber and Zoe will start to hit, and the addition of Russell will not only help the defense (IMO best defensive infield in MLB) but should increase run support as well.

Watch out NL Central, you all know who the team to beat is…everyone except that dumbass, @scoutyjones2

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. The Dodgers did enough harm. Time for a rebound for the boys from Milwaukee.

Now you know we can't allow that to happen in St. Louis don't you know?

I know your Brewers are not going away even though they came back down to earth after their hot start.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CUBS have been playing some solid baseball lately, and have bear clawed their way back to .500. With Rizzo, Bryant, Schwarber and Zoe struggling early at the plate, it’s hard to believe we are +17 in run differential. All this without our closer and Addison Russell.

I don’t think Morrow comes back this season, but Addison will be back next month. The Cubs big bats of Rizzo, Bryant, Schwarber and Zoe will start to hit, and the addition of Russell will not only help the defense (IMO best defensive infield in MLB) but should increase run support as well.

Watch out NL Central, you all know who the team to beat is…everyone except that dumbass, @scoutyjones2

I respect every team in the NL Central that we have to play and I know your Cubbies are not going away.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 13 major league seasons, Joey Votto has caught his fair share of pop ups as the Cincinnati Reds first baseman. Amazingly though, through the first 6,828 plate appearances of his MLB career, he had never once hit a pop up that was caught by his counterpart.

That all changed Wednesday afternoon during the Reds 3-2 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Pedro Báez got Votto to pop up to first baseman Cody Bellinger in foul territory. When Bellinger squeezed the ball for the final out in the eighth inning, one of MLB’s longest and most remarkable streaks was officially over.

It took Votto 1,592 games, 6,829 plate appearances and 27,918 pitches to be retired on what is a common play in MLB.

The amazing thing about Votto is that he never hits pop ups, at all.

Dating back to his MVP season in 2010, he’s only hit eight infield pop ups.
Votto very under-rated player. I heard that stat and couldn't wrap my head around that....

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect every team in this division as well. Nice win last night, it's gonna be a heck of a summer!

The NL Central winner will probably not have the best record in the NL because of what you just said but the NL Central winner will certainly be battle tested and should certainly be ready for any teams they face in the playoffs.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wacha retro'd to the 10 day IL...tendinitis in patella. Spanish conquistador called up to start tomorrow, Robinson brought up for todays game.

Robinson is useless at tha plate, Thomas is so much better.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last nights Pirate pitcher that hurt his arm last night showed no tears and will not need surgery. :hope:

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the Cardinals win last night while trying to get younger.